Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 150
  1. Last Sinner
    2017-09-05 03:51
    Last Sinner
    PV of that fox title

Would youtube + spolier tag it but apparently the spoiler icon on this forum now causes my browser to indefinitely freeze. *shrug*
  2. Last Sinner
    2017-09-02 16:27
    Last Sinner
    Hope it turns out well for you.

With the latest iterations of Love Live Sunshine and Osomatsu-san set to dominate October, this is probably the one I look forward to and hope it won't allow a 3rd season of nothing gained for me. A bit of hope for the latest iteration of Kino's Journey but I am concerned they focused so hard on making it look good this time. The original series benefited from the bleak/intentionally meh visual quality because it tied in with the whole point of the title. But I'll give it a chance. Maybe Dies Irae since it seems to have a decent following as a VN.

And maybe something unexpected will turn out good. At this rate, I'd be content with one title coming up good this time.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2017-09-02 03:11
    0utf0xZer0
    That would be a correct guess. I definitely had thoughts along the lines of "wow, this seems completely tailored to my tastes" when I first saw articles about it.
  4. Last Sinner
    2017-08-29 21:49
    Last Sinner
    I'm guessing this title will get your interest next season by the concept alone.
  5. Last Sinner
    2016-09-17 22:56
    Last Sinner
    Thanks for the concern. It is working again. New power supply and replaced RAM with previous sticks. Bit of a strain operating on only 4GB of RAM but things are stable.

Hope things are going well on your end, work-wise, relationship-wise, health-wise and anime-wise.

I'd chat current anime with you, except I think we're watching very different titles, so that would be difficult.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2016-09-17 00:06
    0utf0xZer0
    I'm pretty busy with work at the moment, but I saw about your RAM problem and I've actually experienced something similar. I tried to upgrade a Core 2 Quad system I had from 4GB (2x2GB) to 12GB (2X2GB + 2X4GB) a couple years back and it was not stable with more than 4GB RAM installed but stable with only 4GB installed. I ended up giving the 4GB sticks to my uncle to upgrade an AMD system he had and it worked fine for him.

My mainboard was a Gigabyte board and used DDR3, but like with your board it used the P45 chipset. I always assumed my board was uniquely crappy but your story makes me wonder if problems using large amounts of memory is a common problem with Intel mainboards of that era.
  7. Last Sinner
    2015-05-27 07:48
    Last Sinner
    You make a good point. One of my best mates refers to ANN as 'the Kotaku of Anime'. Which is probably accurate.

Normally I just brush aside whatever they say in reviews. But this one went way too far. Only reason I wanted to discuss it with others.

And you make a good point - it seems like ANN are fixated on the males in FSN. Like I said to Triple_R, they don't seem to get Shirou isn't meant to be likeable or have his ideals respected. Or that people are watching this more for Rin and Saber than Shirou. *shrug* They certainly do seem to under-appreciate Rin, as you stated.

But enough about them. Asatte no Houkou - I own that one on DVD as well actually. Decided to get that a couple of years ago before it was likely to disappear/be hard to find. It's noteworthy on multiple fronts for me:

- Aired in 2006, which was my favourite year for anime. Damn that year is loaded. And as you said to Pocari, 2005-2008 was a good stretch indeed. I'm with you on that one, friend.

- I consider this to be a point where J.C. Staff gradually moved away from something more in-depth/mature. Around this time, they also did Honey & Clover (both seasons) and all three seasons of Nodame Cantabile. After the finale of that and Aoi Hana, they certainly shifted away from that style.

- Age-swapping is certainly something rather rare.

- It took a very complicated scenario in terms of the history/relationships between the characters and handled it rather well.

- Had a rather unique soundtrack. Love the music in that title.

It's definitely not for everyone. I showed one episode during a restrospective on the 2000s. The more red-blooded/action and ecchi oriented people certainly got annoyed by it. The pleasing thing was a bunch of more seasoned attendees came up to me after it and said 'Thank you so much for showing this one. You played it for us. We really appreciate it.' And it was for them. If I'd watched Asatte no Houkou when I was a lot younger, I don't think I'd have appreciated this one. I think going through certain life experiences and being able to appreciate how much the whole scenario sucks for Shouko in particular helps get into this title.

Hope you enjoy the rest of it. I'd actually been rewatching it myself recently. Laughed myself silly watching Shouko and Karada go shopping in Episode 3.

As for that live-action show, I'll ask my friends. We... have rather....limited access to stuff in Australia, in terms of TV. Unless you pay through the nose.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-05-27 00:06
    0utf0xZer0
    I did already say it's the standout of the group. It's going to take a while to finish though, it's not like she's over here to work on costumes every day and we're alternating shows every episode.

Re: UBW 20

Not really in the mood to read an ANN review right now but I'll give some quick thoughts since it's not exactly hard to discern some of what was said from you and Triple's conversation.

Spoiler for UBW to episode 20:

It sounds to me like ANN is really under-appreciating Rin in particular.

As a side note since I think it might be of interest to you, have you ever heard of a BBC America/Space (Canadian sci-fi speciality channel) collaboration called Orphan Black? It's about a woman who discovers she's a clone, and the first season in particular is pretty freaking awesome. The show being about cloning, the lead actress plays like 5+ difference characters with wildly different personalities and actually pulls it off.
  9. Last Sinner
    2015-05-26 04:28
    Last Sinner
    Watching Asatte no Houkou, are we? Enjoying it? I rate that series highly myself.
  10. Last Sinner
    2014-07-22 01:12
    Last Sinner
    Some of the cosplay winners from AVCon 2014. So glad Riven and Yasuo won 1st place in their category.