Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Koveras Alvane

Notices

Conversation Between Koveras Alvane and Akiyoshi
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 238
  1. Koveras Alvane
    2012-06-12 12:03
    Koveras Alvane
    When did this discussion turn public? =__= I refuse to speak further without my lawyer.
  2. Akiyoshi
    2012-06-12 10:14
    Akiyoshi
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akiyoshi
    Looks like a pair of meat ballons without them xDU
    Now that you put it that way, that's pretty much all that boobs are, in fact. ^^;
    Lol! Maybe i'm just that picky but it feels unnatural, like a somach without a belly button xD
  3. Koveras Alvane
    2012-06-03 01:37
    Koveras Alvane
    Well, neither Zest, nor the Wolkies were Church Knights. I think you still fail to notice that there is a distinction between "Knight" and "Church Knight". Knight is anyone who practices Old Belkan system with emphasis on close combat. Church Knights are an organization serving the Saint Church--they represent it, so whenever people speak with Carim, they see the institution she represents in her, and pay due respect. That said, I don't deny the possibility that Carim is a knight commander or something of the like, it's just that her position in the hierarchy of the Church has never been established past hints.

No, I think she would be less of a missionary and more of a papal legate in modern terms.

Well, those are just fics.

Nope, not to my knowledge. Technically, the head of the church is Saint Kaiser Olivie (since she is their God), but since she is dead... except she is not, so meh.
  4. Akiyoshi
    2012-06-02 19:57
    Akiyoshi
    I wodner if Cypha would be able to take down the Mighty Thor assuming she'll be immune to Asgardian magic (for example, Tony Stark countered the Enchantress with an Anti-Magic emissor which functions very similar to Jail's AMF technology xD).
  5. Akiyoshi
    2012-06-02 18:59
    Akiyoshi
    Seems that Knights have "levels" between them as well because Carim seems to be treated as a high-level authority or at least one aat the same level as Letty or Lindy (who are admirals). neither Zest nor the Wolkenritter had never been refered as "Sir/Lord" or "Lady", being Carim the only character adressed as such in canon so far.

By the way, being the bridge between the Bureau and the Belkan state should be a darn important position. Like the peace missioners of different Churchs in history who represent a religious or administrative power.

Anyway in some fics i have been readed Carim functions just perfectly as a head figure of the Belkan society xD

The existence of the "true head" of the Belkan church has even been referred in canon xD?
  6. Koveras Alvane
    2012-06-02 16:05
    Koveras Alvane
    Actually, I consulted the Japanese wiki and it doesn't state that Carim holds any significant post in the Church at all: she is a Church Knight (one of many), which puts her somewhat higher on the rank ladder than, say, Schach, who is a nun, and she wields a Rare Skill, which makes her a unique assets, but it doesn't mean she has much authority. The only thing special about her position seems to be that she is simultaneously a Church Knight and a honorary Major General of the Bureau Armed Forces, which makes her a conduit through which the Church can keep tabs on and influence the Bureau's policies (such as when the Church backed the creation of Riot Force 6).

As for "Lady" Carim, I think it's safe to assume that any Knight would be referred as "Sir/Lady" on the Mid, just as nuns are referred to as "Sisters".

AFAIK the current head of the Saint Church has never been named in the canon yet. Heck, even the official head of the Bureau has only been depicted once (for the record, it's Midget Crowbell).
  7. Akiyoshi
    2012-06-02 15:17
    Akiyoshi
    I can't post iamges here and i don't want to further spam the image thread so i'll continue here xD

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
    Just a little nitpick: Carim is not the Saint Church's equivalent of the Pope. IIRC she is the commander of the Church Knights (i.e. knights sworn directly to the Church) and simultaneously the Church's representative to the Bureau, but she is not the highest religious authority in any way.
    Then who is o.o?

I've spent a good 6 years thinking Carim was the highest representative of the Belkan state xD But well, even if there's someone else, Carim is the only one i've seen doing stuff and being treated as a sacred figure by her people (what with people calling hër ¨Lady Carim" and done special outfits to come and visit her and such xD). It gave me Vatica-vibes all over the place xD!
  8. Akiyoshi
    2012-06-01 11:38
    Akiyoshi
    Ohhhh! so they're now fugitives from the TSAB xD

Seems the Bureu still have some powerfull Zest-level aces under their sleeve xD
  9. Koveras Alvane
    2012-06-01 11:13
    Koveras Alvane
    Well, not exactly in the field, but in a dilapidated hide-out since they are on the run from the Bureau.
  10. Akiyoshi
    2012-06-01 01:04
    Akiyoshi
    Lol, so Shamal must had to play Dr. Queen/House M.D. on Signum in an open field xD?