Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 367
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2016-09-19 18:47
    Pocari_Sweat
    Where the hell have you been!
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-06-24 19:54
    Pocari_Sweat
    Ayahi is in ushio and tora. I know what I'm doing next season.
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-04-10 22:53
    Pocari_Sweat
    I'm never tsundere for Kyoani. Never really was fond of the studio, though I don't flat out hate it. Disappointment considering their technical skills in animation is a better phrase. PA Works is what I am tsundere for.

And you must be kidding me when you said Sound Euphonium ep 1 > Tari Tari. Tari Tari was great from start to finish and I loved it first episode though not as much as HSI's 1st ep which is amongst be the best pilot episodes in the genre. Too bad that was inconsistent.

I'd even say Hyouka was better, though as we all know that was a slow starter.

In other words, I don't know what you're smoking.
  4. totoum
    2015-04-10 15:36
    totoum
    MFW reading your sound euphonium post

You're so tsun Pocari!

Yes Aki no kanade>>>>>> to Sound! Euphonium ep1

but that's because one is a whole short while the other is setting up stuff, no real point in comparing them.

I can also go

Aki no kanade >>>>>> Tari Tari ep1 but judging Tari Tari on its first episode is unfair to the show.

I will also go Sound! Euphonium ep 1 >>>>>> Tari Tari ep1 and Sound! Euphonium ep 1 >>>>>> Hyouka ep 1
    The greatness of those two shows came after, we'll see how Sound! Euphonium progresses.

Though I will likely keep watching as long as megane troll-chan shows up in episodes.
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-04-08 08:00
    Pocari_Sweat
    You. Aki no Kanade. Now.
  6. totoum
    2015-04-02 20:03
    totoum
    I could be completely wrong but I've always imagined that as the senior animator at PAW Sekiguchi gets handed the shows producers have the most faith in or at least the ones they consider more important.
    Production of HSI was already under way as Angel Beats was airing so she hardly worked on it for example.
    One thing that's very much a coincidence but kinda cool is that when studio Banboo does the backrounds you end up with a trio of: True Tears, Uchouten Kazoku and Shirobako (which is my personal top3) while studio Easter did the rest.
    You can tell the styles apart, Banboo is more impressionist than Easter.

Also keep in mind that Sekiguchi's job is to adapt other people's designs (tanu for Tari Tari, Ponkan8 for Shirobako etc...) only time she actually designed them was True Tears because the anime designs look nothing like the game designs.
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-03-28 08:48
    Pocari_Sweat
    But but, the samefaces! Also I don't think animation director/character designer has much of an impact on story last time I checked!
  8. totoum
    2015-03-28 06:41
    totoum
    Why you don't want best girl working on a show is beyond me, if you see her name on the staff it means PAW is actually trying, look at your PAW show ranking
    Number of Sekiguchi shows in your top 6: 5
    Number of Sekiguchi shows in your bottom 5: 0
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-03-27 21:00
    Pocari_Sweat
    Tell your girl Kaname Sekiguchi to stop hogging all the animation director jobs at PA Works
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2015-02-15 04:27
    Pocari_Sweat
    Actually up to date. Just didn't feel any need to post.