Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 531 to 540 of 584
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-01-06 05:34
    Pocari_Sweat
    I already know about it, but thnx for the reminder regardless

I do want to know why the hell they cut Hitagi's hair. Long hair > Short hair period. It's more elegant and sexy! Also, is it just me or does Nadeko seem really pervy in the PVs. "I don't mind being master or slave"... and they were playing twister at one point .
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-01-06 02:08
    0utf0xZer0
    Less than two days out now, I know, but just in case you didn't catch it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7XY3xsTRp0

Given that it's Shaft, I'd say it looks like they're on track.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-01-02 03:57
    0utf0xZer0
    Oddly enough, EF has always struck me as being the most "authentic" VN adaptation. First, the game and anime strike me as having similar art styles - right down to the similar amounts of motion (Minori goes much farther and average in terms of trying to include motion and Shaft is, well, Shaft). And second, because the Shaft-ish trippy visuals somehow work to illuminate the "mindset" of the characters that is often conveyed in a VN but seldom makes the transition to an anime version.

As for the sales... it depends relative to what. It sucks compared to Kyoto but I wouldn't be surprised ie Memories broke 5K. It did over 4K on DVD alone and then got a Bluray box. Melodies did like 1.4K DVD but came out when only the sales of the top few blurays were published (ditto for Memories' BD box) so it's hard to tell if it sold similar to Memories or if everyone had it out for Oonuma for cutting parts of Yuuko's story.

One of my closest IRL friends actually owns the Japanese Blurays for EF... personally, I'm waiting for the North American release in March/April (FINALLY).
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-01-01 09:17
    Pocari_Sweat
    So I read this post of yours. Then I proceeded to remind myself of these following OPs:
    OP1
    OP2

And now I'm resentful/slightly angry myself again at how bad the ef franchise sold. . True Tears (my personal favorite romance series of the 07-08 era) sold poorly too, but at least that recovered last year when that bluray box was released and in total combined sales are now about 5k, which is modest.

R.I.P. ef.

Oh btw, you still haven't told me your "guilty list shows"
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-12-29 07:48
    Pocari_Sweat
    List your guilty pleasure shows . It's not like I'm going to tell the world. I'll tell you mine in return
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-12-29 04:16
    0utf0xZer0
    I don't really do "top ten" lists or anything like that... I just pick a group of shows that stand out to me as the "highlights of the year". This year, that turned out to be a group of seven shows: Madoka Magica, Wandering Son, Hanasaku Iroha, Steins Gate, Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, Kamisama Dolls, and Fate/Zero.

Given the caliber of some of the shows that missed the cut, I'm almost tempted to post the next tier of shows, but then I realized that posting that tier would require posting most of my "guilty pleasure" shows for the year, and uh, f*** that.
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-12-29 00:01
    Pocari_Sweat
    Didn't notice the same cat names .

As for Place Promised vs 5cm, I love them both, but I loved the "life goes on" type ending of 5cm more than the happy/bittersweet ending of Place Promised.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-12-28 04:33
    0utf0xZer0
    So last Wednesday I decided to go from not having seen any of Shinkai's movies to having seen all of them in about a six hour stretch.

Oddly enough, my girlfriend and I both picked Beyond the Clouds as our favourite - I was expecting it to be 5cm. And I don't think it was just that it reminded me a lot of Iriya no Sora.

Also, because I marathoned the films I can't help but notice he uses the same two cat names going all the way back to She and her Cat.
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-11-15 21:08
    Pocari_Sweat
    Lol, P.A. Works is still releasing True Tears related stuff : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/i...-with-new-song
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2011-11-09 23:04
    Pocari_Sweat
    What a riot in the ISML thread since Kanade just got flunked lol.

This is how I see it. If Mikoto wins against Kuroneko, then she wins the whole thing since Shana has historically done really poorly against her. However, if Kuroneko wins against Mikoto, then Shana wins the whole thing.

Also, +1 to your KanaHana fanboyism