AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 511 to 520 of 561
  1. Triple_R
    2011-10-29 11:43
    Triple_R
    lol, that was pretty funny! Thanks for sharing.
  2. Last Sinner
    2011-10-29 09:13
    Last Sinner
    Since you like the NWO, I thought you'd get a kick out of this.
  3. Last Sinner
    2011-10-27 00:00
    Last Sinner
    You thought the original Mobile Suit Gundam was 'mature'? Weird...all the hardcore Gundam fans I know IRL are manly trolls! Who are ANYTHING BUT MATURE. So...explain...particularly since Amuro is hardly a picture of maturity.

On Koihime Musou - so-so game. The side characters appealed to me more than most of the main ones. The male in the game is a complete playboy. They didn't even include him in the anime except for 1 episode where he got his butt kicked. The anime adaptation is pretty yuri/moe overload as Undertaker said. Season 1 is watchable. 2 and 3 are pretty indigestable.

Season 1 ED theme. This pretty much sums up the better parts of the adaptation in a nutshell.
  4. Last Sinner
    2011-10-26 11:26
    Last Sinner
    It's been interesting to see how very different the reactions to Chihayafuru people are having. The main sticking point seems to be whether people can relate to at least one of the main trio. If they can't, they're not liking it, especially Chihaya. If they can, they're liking it.
  5. Triple_R
    2011-10-22 13:13
    Triple_R
    Infinite Stratos isn't without its silly harem shenanigans (especially in Episodes 1 and 9 in particular, imo), but it also has decent drama and nice action in it. And it really is true that the male lead doesn't take crap as much as most harem anime male leads do.

At the very least, I'd encourage you to give it a three episode try-out (unfortunately that won't get you to Charlotte, but it will give you a good indication of if Ichika resonates with you like he does with 0utf0xZer0 and I).
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-10-22 12:51
    Last Sinner
    One thing I just noticed tonight. What you said about Infinite Stratos in that PM just happened in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukinai Episode 3. You and zero are going to get me to watch this soon, aren't you...
  7. Last Sinner
    2011-10-22 10:12
    Last Sinner
    Personally I think Yuno from Mirai Nikki is yandere of the year, heh.

I'm posting on individual episodes now. Although I dropped Guilty Crown tonight. Rather appalled with that second episode and the ridiculous bickering going on in its thread.

Rest of the list I'm keeping. And they're keeping their positions, although my score for the six new ones have all gone up. Particularly for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - it's the silly entertainment I've been wanting for quite some time. Mirai Nikki ep2 really kicked things up a few notches and is deliciously twisted. Chihayafuru ep3 was feelgood in bittersweet mode. Just need Last Exile's next ep streaming on Tuesday to figure out where things stand for me once everything has had 2 episodes air.

Will be interested to see how Infinitie Stratos ends up for you. Because your PM is the ONLY thing that makes me want to watch it - if what you say is true.
  8. Triple_R
    2011-10-18 19:38
    Triple_R
    Nice, long blog post. I've only skimmed it so far, but I can say that your top two are two of my five "A-List" titles for the Fall 2011 season. My other A-List titles are Guilty Crown, Tamayura Hitotose, and Shana III.

In fairness, I can get why someone wouldn't like Hitotose - It is a slower paced "healing" anime that may bore some viewers if they're not in the mood to relax/unwind to some heartwarming but limited character actions.

Shana is a sentimental favorite of mine, an anime I grew to love back when I was a 80% Shonen anime fan. While I don't think I could ever go back to being a 80% Shonen anime fan, I have to admit I'm often in the mood for great, flashy, action-packed anime, lol.

Anyway, I'll give you a more detailed response after I've had a chance to read your blog post more thoroughly.

Blog writing is a real sporadic thing for me, as inspiration really needs to strike for me to feel up to it. However, I do have a couple blog post ideas bouncing around in my head right now, so there's a good chance I'll post one of them within the next two or three days.

Oh, and fell free to check 0utf0xZer0's wall for my take on Infinite Stratos through seven episodes.

Anyway, thanks again for supporting Haruhi for the Diamond Necklace, even if it didn't work out!
  9. Last Sinner
    2011-10-18 10:45
    Last Sinner
    You watched much of the October season? Curious on your opinions since you're one of the more balanced people out there, that's for sure. I've been checking your blog regularly but been seeing only your other collaborators posting pieces. Most of the forums posts I've seen you do lately have been in the Guilty Crown thread, which I think has degenerated big time.

Summary of my thoughts here, otherwise I'll be spending at least 5 posts here explaining how I feel. It was exhausting watching 23 titles and then watching extra episodes of some by the time Last Exile finally got streamed...but I feel fulfilled. This is a season that has restored my hope in 2011.
  10. Last Sinner
    2011-10-11 11:17
    Last Sinner
    I haven't watched Infinite Stratos in full. I am going to endevaour to, because I need to figure out why it sold so much! Most generic harems these days utterly flop in sales. But Infinite Stratos really connected with the new gen of anime fans. What I have heard a lot is that IS does have several annoying/violent tsunderes while Charlotte is not one. That would explain why Charlotte survived to the final 16 of ISML while the other IS girls utterly bombed. Mind you, I have seen Tomose Shunsaku do a super-hot rendition of her. It'll be something I get to in the near future. More out of curiousity if anything. What I have seen though does back up the claim Charlotte is a good character.

My mentor replied to me today. He suggested the movie Colorful as a third title to go with Angel Beats and Haibane Renmei. Grim and involves suicide but has the redemption theme that fits purgatory, so it works.