AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and stray
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 43
  1. stray
    2022-06-28 08:46
    stray
    LOL I hate Jun Maeda... in fairness his comedy bits can be pretty good sometimes but his characterizations are almost always abysmal.

US in the news again for all the wrong reasons. Watching an empire (and I guess a religion) in its death throes is... an experience, if nothing else. Avalanche managed to win the cup so now its the shittiest time of the year for sports here too. NFL in September and World Cup in November at least.

Good to hear you made out on Steam but they kind of fucked me over as far as my Steam Deck purchase so I'm not too happy with them. I'm still hoping they'll come through but not entirely optimistic. We'll see I suppose. Now I have $450 USD in my Steam account though and nothing to really spend it on.
  2. Last Sinner
    2022-06-27 21:42
    Last Sinner
    Sounds like Jun Maeda causes you even more grief than me.
  3. Last Sinner
    2022-06-23 15:33
    Last Sinner
    Final tally:

20 Minutes Until Dawn - 4.50
    Shotgun King: The Final Checkmate - 8.09
    Chrono Trigger - 8.97
    Final Fantasy IX - 14.47
    Road 96 - 14.98
    I Am Setsuna - 18.78
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 19.97
    Final Fantasy VI - 20.76
    Final Fantasy IV - 20.76
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - 22.47
    Flowers - le volume sur hiver - 26.05
    Ruined King - A League of Legends Story - 26.97

Final total - $206.77 - $45.27 wallet credit = $161.50
  4. Last Sinner
    2022-06-22 09:17
    Last Sinner
    Finished going through the Lovers Route of the 2nd Flowers VN. I 'finally' realised those VNs have an auto function...which I desperately need now that it's winter here. It has been a bad week for my back and digestion. I'm pretty much resigned to having to lie down after work until winter is over. It's why I pressed to get Heat 32s cleared in Hades and Persona 4 Golden before winter truly kicked in. I know that winters here are nowhere near the worst, but they're bad enough for me. Just hoping I can make it to October without anything major going wrong. Either way, at least I can use my evenings to get through Flowers with the auto function.
  5. Last Sinner
    2022-06-21 21:55
    Last Sinner
    Maybe it's because Velvet Crowe is my favourite female character in all of gaming and the overall tone. But Arise just feels like sugar-coated concrete. I feel no reason to be invested in it at all. Reminded me big time of the more recent iterations of Valkyria Chronicles and how absurdly optimistic/comfy that was. Octopath felt so disjointed in story, I felt nothing compelling. Not devoid, just lacking.

Feels like a series that can go to 7. Hopefully the games get closer than the last two, though.
  6. stray
    2022-06-21 19:45
    stray
    Tales of Arise is really, really good though. I loved Octopath Traveler though I mostly played it on Switch. I'm hit or miss about Atelier but I admit I really liked Ryza's proportions. Bravely Default 2 was pretty bad as well, I was completely over it just a few hours in.

My Steam Deck preorder should be ready within the next few weeks so I'm hoarding Steam credit and really only in the market for a couple of VN right now - one of which is actually about an older woman - and Xenoblade 3 on Switch. I'd like to check out Elden Ring but I suck at Soulslike so I'm waiting for 50% discount at least.

Stanley Cup finals are competitive finally. Avalanche had the momentum but Lightning have the experience so its still anyone's series. Not sure who I'm favoring.
  7. Last Sinner
    2022-06-21 17:05
    Last Sinner
    That list was my retains. Only Trails I liked were the first two, Cold Steel was just zzz. Octopath Traveller story and gameplay seemed rather bland. Tales of games that weren't Berseria were dull. Atelier has become very zzz. Blue Reflection is just weird.

Beauty and the Feast is the only cooking manga that interests me because of the onee-san aspect. Widow getting back on her feet was heartening.
  8. stray
    2022-06-21 13:29
    stray
    Some of those games (like Horizon Zero Dawn) might be cheaper on other stores depending. IsThereAnyDeal is good for tracking prices on key resellers as well as if there's been lower prices on Steam. I am Setsuna isn't that good though, if you want something retro-modern I'd recommend Octopath Traveler assuming you haven't already played it. I'm hoping we'll get Triangle Strategy eventually.

Have you tried Trails (Kiseki) series? The newer ones are a bit too LN-ish power fantasy but Trails in the Sky is pretty incredible.

I was never all that into FF remasters but I went all in and bought 1-6 when the Pixel Remasters came out last year. I'm sort of ambivalent to the FF7 remake though I was contemplating a deal on Green Man Gaming for 40 USD. I give Square-Enix enough money for FFXIV, and the fact that Rebirth is already confirmed PS5 exclusive means I'll probably just wait until its free on EGS. In no rush to wait for another two years of exclusivity after a 2024 release.

For some reason I can't handle cooking manga... sounds like its in your strike zone though.
  9. Last Sinner
    2022-06-21 09:39
    Last Sinner
    Steam sale is up in 2 days. I'm considering FF6, 4, 9 and 10, Ruined King, I am Setsuna, Legend of Mana, Chrono Trigger and Horizon Zero Dawn if they go low enough during the Steam sale that starts in 2 days, along with some indies you likely haven't heard of. P3P will be an early 2023 release and likely about the price P4G was so I imagine I'd get it right away. But if Square Enix pull any nonsense with the P5R price (and the FF7 remake price makes me think they will) I won't bite. I have plenty of things to play until it reaches below the 30 AUSD line.

Finished reading Beauty and the Feast tonight. Adorable, silly but heartening cooking-oriented version of Garden of Words.
  10. stray
    2022-06-17 11:57
    stray
    I'm hopeful Atlus will do around 49.99 USD/EUR for P5R on Steam considering it is a 2-3 year old remake of a 6 year old game. It depends on how many "enhancements" there will be for PS5 and PC. I guess there's also Game Pass but I like owning games, even if digitally. I had Game Pass a couple months last year and barely played it. And Persona 3 Portable is definitely worth playing its just that some technical sacrifices were made for the PSP hardware.

I don't know if I'd call Steph the GOAT at the point but he's got as many rings as Lebron right now. Steve Kerr himself is probably underrated considering who he played alongside, now he's got 9 rings between playing and coaching. Speaking of playing and coaching I wonder if Iguodala is going to ride into the sunset or turn into the next Udonis Haslem. I'm kind of hater when it comes to the Celtics (and Lakers) so I'm pleased overall with the result.

I'm hopeful that the anime can do Summertime Rendering justice to the end but the whole Disney+ fiasco is most definitely not. If nothing else it is (or will be) a good series to marathon; I usually skip Jump series as a whole so I didn't get into it until the manga concluded. Still waiting on the omnibus but I broke down and preordered an Ushio Nendoroid too.