AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and Mushi
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 28 of 28
  1. Mushi
    2009-11-10 19:39
    Mushi
    Haha... Shana will always be a favorite, but I'm not hopelessly devoted to any one girl. The avatar is Minatsu Shiina from Seitokai no ichizon, and yes, that's Lisa from Sacred Blacksmith. I really fell for her in ep. 5 of that series. I wanted some new faces from current series for a change.

Sawako is a very compelling character. Even though she seems like something of a "plain Jane" type, I feel so drawn to her and so anxious about what's going to happen to her. And it's not just her, Chizuru and Ayane's struggles over their feelings about Sawako are being so well portrayed. The way they are agonizing over their uncertainty about her and where they stand with her is making for some excellent drama.

This is a series that is already approaching masterpiece quality, IMHO, due to it's ability to evoke such strong empathy and emotional responses, while at the same time being amusing and entertaining.
  2. Last Sinner
    2009-11-10 18:46
    Last Sinner
    Cute new avatar. Moving on from Shana? ^^ Who is she and what series is she from? And is the Lisa in your sig the Lisa from Sacred Blacksmith?

Yes, be assured the anime version of Kimi in Todoke is VERY faithful to the original. But what Production I.G. is excelling at is doing the things you can't do without sound or motion. They're enhancing it and giving a little unique touch to the anime version. Kimi ni Todoke is currently a very big title in Japan, sells about 650,000 copies per volume in the first two weeks of release, which is only being outdone by One Piece at present. Hopefully the anime will have good sales on DVD/Blu-Ray release too.
  3. Mushi
    2009-11-09 12:22
    Mushi
    I've seen Kamichu and it was very charming. I enjoyed it a lot. I've got Kurenai and have seen the first couple of episodes. It made a very good impression and I intend to watch it... other things took priority at the time and I haven't gotten back to it yet.

I'll check into Daughter of Twenty Faces. I took a quick look at the wiki entry for it and it looks like something I'd like.
  4. Last Sinner
    2009-11-09 12:05
    Last Sinner
    Other titles that may be to your liking are Kurenai, Kamichu and Daughter of Twenty Faces. All feature young female leads in very unique circumstances that were just brilliant.
  5. Mushi
    2009-11-06 05:37
    Mushi
    Well, I do have my moments where my mood might get the better of me and I come across in a way that is opinionated and blunt. But I do try to be civilized.

Thanks for the suggestion on Aoi Hana. Downloading it now. I like those "If you liked that, then you'll like this" kind of recommendations. I'm always downloading different series I come across, even if I don't intend to watch them right away. I think I must have about 20 different series in storage that I've yet to watch. So, if they ever do crack down on fansubs and make them harder to get, I'll have a couple hundred hours of anime to watch that I've never seen before.
  6. Last Sinner
    2009-11-05 21:49
    Last Sinner
    Why wouldn't I? You seem like a nice guy and you're far more polite than most people.

If you like Kimi ni Todoke, try Aoi Hana, an 11 episode series from July. It was so cute, gorgeous, heart-warming and moving.
  7. Mushi
    2009-11-05 19:43
    Mushi
    Hiya. Wow, you mean someone actually wrote to me? It's been awhile. Yeah, I'm really liking KnT. Each episode just seems to fly by and I can't wait to see the next. I have a wide variety of tastes when it comes to anime. Especially after having gotten involved with ISML. I've discovered so many wonderful series as a result of trying to get to know the girls. And I also discovered what a hopeless romantic I am, not to mention my growing addiction to moe.

I may check out the KnT sub forum. I usually don't get involved in those because I get frustrated with comparisons between anime and manga. I read very little manga, so I'm usually only concerned with the anime. But, I do make exceptions now and then.
  8. Last Sinner
    2009-11-05 12:02
    Last Sinner
    Hi there. Really pleased to hear you like Kimi ni Todoke! ^^ I love the manga and anime so much. Do post in the KnT thread in the Fansubbed forums. Would love to hear your thoughts. Guess we're not so different in tastes after all if we can both appreciate something as brilliant as KnT.