Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Ghostfriendly

Notices

Conversation Between Ghostfriendly and Darthtabby
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Ghostfriendly
    2016-11-26 04:30
    Ghostfriendly
    That sounds reasonable, but I've no plans to watch Macross Frontier. There may well be more to it than J-pop idol singers, but that would be a significant element of the show that I don't care for. Don't care for harem leads either, apart from Kamijou Touma and similar mock-cynical motor-mouths. I guess Kazu-kun would have more to say about Frontier if you wanted to discuss it.
  2. Darthtabby
    2016-11-25 01:01
    Darthtabby
    I didn't want to hijack the Izetta thread with too much Macross discussion, but wanted to say a few further things on characterization in Frontier.

Spoiler:

I actually feel that the "love triangle" aspect of Frontier's is sometimes overemphasized. Music, mecha, and love triangles are the traditional core elements of Macross. However, there's more to the relationships between the three leads in Frontier than just a love triangle.

One other thing I wanted to note about Macross -Shoji Kawamori (the main creative force behind the franchise) has stated that he considers the various Macross series in universe historical fiction. He's compared them to WWII movies and period dramas featuring interpretations of real life historical figures.