Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > FlareKnight

Notices

Conversation Between FlareKnight and Frontier
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 100
  1. FlareKnight
    2015-12-25 23:40
    FlareKnight
    Hey!

Merry Christmas to you as well. I'm doing pretty good and hope the same can be said for you.

And don't worry about the birthday thing. One thing I wish AnimeSuki did was give you little alerts to birthdays of friends (that have their birth date listed). I miss way too many birthdays of people here.
  2. Frontier
    2015-12-25 18:31
    Frontier
    Merry Christmas Flare, hope you're doing well .

Sorry for missing wishing you a happy birthday .
  3. FlareKnight
    2015-06-20 03:18
    FlareKnight
    Haha I believe that was exactly what I did as well. I thought Sumia and Chrom fit well so decided to go that route the first time around. And in the end after going back and forth between a few options I decided to pair the Avatar with Lucina.

Was hard to turn down that option .
  4. Frontier
    2015-06-20 00:11
    Frontier
    So Flare, I'm curious...who did you pair Chrom and your Avatar with on your first playthrough .

I did Sumia and Lucina .
  5. Frontier
    2015-04-01 00:17
    Frontier
    Course .
  6. FlareKnight
    2015-04-01 00:13
    FlareKnight
    That's probably a fair point. I mean probably more focus on the romantic side of things in both shoujo manga and light novels.

Though I give mecha props when it can include that.
  7. Frontier
    2015-04-01 00:05
    Frontier
    I mean, I think I can find pretty good examples of romances in both Shojo Manga and Light Novels, but then again I'm a romance fan and not very critical so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask about that ?

If anything, I'd say there's generally a lot better examples of good romances in those mediums than in something like Mecha .
  8. FlareKnight
    2015-03-31 22:34
    FlareKnight
    Haha I can agree with you on that. That is one accurate statement .
  9. Frontier
    2015-03-31 20:54
    Frontier
    Reading some of the comments in the Akagami anime pre-release thread has, once again, reinforced my opinion that the quality of a romance in any genre is subjective and up to the beholder .
  10. FlareKnight
    2015-02-20 19:47
    FlareKnight
    Yeah, I'd have to believe that watching the original and being a big fan of the franchise made the whole thing a much different experience. I just didn't see the original for whatever reason. So I was just going into it seeing a mech series with some hilarious over the top action and music along with some reincarnation business I wasn't really following .

All I can say is in that position of being a fan of the original I probably would have been really bothered by that retcon.

From what I can recall I didn't hate the triangle. Both girls had their likable aspects. Maybe I liked Zessica more because she was clearly the underdog, and you can't help but cheer on the underdog. But she was pretty likable and I did feel for her position in a triangle that seemed pretty focused towards the main pairing from the start.

Good question on the reincarnation of Zessica (assuming that's in there). I could see it leading to the reverse. That regret despite how forward she was might lead to pulling back and taking the "walled up" character approach. Though of course continuing the course the other way and having it pay off would be nice as well .