AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Ascaloth

Notices

Conversation Between Ascaloth and Ledgem
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 57
  1. Ledgem
    2012-08-29 20:51
    Ledgem
    In my true opinion, it's not worth the fight (offline, that is - online verbal scuffles are fine and fun). If they feel so strongly about their guns, let them keep them. As long as they don't go off the deep end and try to subjugate the rest of society to their whims by force, it's fine. Sure, we'll have to put up with more armed criminals, and we'll have to tolerate the occasional blow-up when a person loses it and goes on a killing spree... I don't mean to downplay those events or how tragic they are, but they're not so prominent that guns are an absolutely critical issue.
  2. Ascaloth
    2012-08-29 20:33
    Ascaloth
    I know, right? You'd think such people could only exist in fiction. Well thanks a lot, reality, you're stranger than fiction sometimes.

Personally, I feel that if they want their guns so much, they're free to have them; the sooner they qualify themselves for a mass Darwin Award, the better. I can only think that way because I'm ultimately quite removed from the situation though; in your case, your position is a bit more perilous.
  3. Ledgem
    2012-08-29 20:25
    Ledgem
    In hindsight I had some fun but it was a waste of time, and something that removed some of my faith in humanity's reasoning abilities. To be fair, I'm sure they felt the same way about me. A rather pathetic situation all-around.
  4. Ascaloth
    2012-08-29 20:18
    Ascaloth
    So, what was your personal experience of arguing with a card-carrying deaf idiot like? We need to know these things.
  5. Ascaloth
    2012-08-28 20:43
    Ascaloth
    Well I guess all I can say is, now you've seen first-hand how being reasonable can only do so much against certain types who refuse to listen to anyone but themselves.
  6. Ledgem
    2012-08-28 20:39
    Ledgem
    I'm not sure if I should feel good or bad about that
  7. Ascaloth
    2012-08-28 20:34
    Ascaloth
    Good attempt. For a while there I actually thought I might be looking at the first person saintly enough to not give a certain somebody the snark he deserves.
  8. Ascaloth
    2012-03-17 01:03
    Ascaloth
    Nor are these forums the place for rational discussion anymore either, I'm afraid. Only thing I know is, if another petition to reform the moderation of this place comes up, whoever started it has my signature guaranteed on it.
  9. Ledgem
    2012-03-17 00:52
    Ledgem
    Ah... I guess we have to be careful these days. Can't disagree with anyone, I suppose
  10. Ascaloth
    2012-03-17 00:30
    Ascaloth
    Oh, the usual; getting into a scrap with a religio-nut, and somebody on the mod team taking the chance to give it to me. I'm pretty sure you saw it though, I could swear you commented on the News Thread while it was going on.