AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Liddo-kun

Notices

Conversation Between Liddo-kun and Palsa-San
Showing Visitor Messages 71 to 80 of 682
  1. Liddo-kun
    2017-01-01 04:58
    Liddo-kun
    Oh, the food on the pan would be spaghetti. I really like pasta dishes cooked by my mom. ^^

Did you have a family gathering for Christmas too?
  2. Palsa-San
    2017-01-01 00:21
    Palsa-San
    Looks like quite a feast, what do you have cooking in the pan to the left side? It looks good. ^_^
  3. Liddo-kun
    2016-12-31 23:25
    Liddo-kun
    Happy New Year to you too. ^___^

Hmm, these are our foods.

And these are the gifts I received, before and after opening. Bear is from Karen. xD

4. Palsa-San
    2016-12-31 20:43
    Palsa-San
    I suggest keeping it simple the first time you make it, from there it's rather easy to modify it. ^_^
    On a separate note, Happy New Year!!
  5. Liddo-kun
    2016-12-31 02:13
    Liddo-kun
    uwuh... I see... thanks for sharing your family recipe. Curious to try this out. Will see what I can put together from local ingredients from the grocery. ^^
  6. Palsa-San
    2016-12-30 18:57
    Palsa-San
    Probably, I'm from the US though, and it's more something that my family does, I don't know really when or why we started drinking it on New Years.
  7. Liddo-kun
    2016-12-30 10:17
    Liddo-kun
    I do wonder what that photo is?

Interesting! Will definitely try out that drink. Thanks for sharing. It's something that people drink in Canada for the holidays?? **
  8. Palsa-San
    2016-12-29 20:45
    Palsa-San
    I actually had an awesome picture that I edited of a Nicotine patch box, for a response, but my graphics editor crashed before i could save it.

Yep, but we usually just stay in and watch movies until the new year.
    One of my family's traditions is to make a hot cup of wassail.
    (Wassail is a traditional Winter Solstice beverage originating in Europe, which eventually found it's way into the Christmas celebration)
    There are many ways to make wassail, the original one was quite nasty, as you soaked toasted bread in it.
    Well, for all fairness I never tried the original, so it might have been better than I imagined, but the kind we make is pretty simple, in fact it's basically just hot apple cider with a few additional ingredients.
    Here is my recipe, virtually everything is optional.
    1. At least 3 servings of Apple juice heated to a simmer, or until it starts to steam, but don't boil it.
    2. Christmas spices of choice: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves (or Allspice); optional spices: Mace, Ginger. (note: easy on the cloves and nutmeg, they can be quite potent.)
    3. Add sugar to taste, preferably a mixture of brown and white (or cane) sugars, and a pinch of salt.
    4. Once it's hot, turn off the burner and add about a cup of Orange juice to the mix (make sure that the apple juice is hot enough, and that the stove is off, you don't want the orange juice to cook, but you also want the Wassail to stay hot after adding it).
    From here is where the recipe varies.
    Option 1. While cooking, add a Tea bag for about 60 seconds to add additional flavor (Russian tea is hot apple cider and tea, this is a variation based on it, but only do this if the tea your using has a complimentary flavor, otherwise it may have a negative affect on the beverage).
    Option 2. Add chunks of Pineapple or it's juice to the drink while it cooks, in some recipes they use pineapple instead of apple, I prefer either apple or a mixture of the two, sometimes I like to add Dried Apricots, Ginger or Mango.
    Option 3. A slight squeeze of Lemon juice can add a lot to the flavor.
    Option 4. Sometimes I add a bit of Alcohol, preferably Rum or Whiskey, but I've also used Gin and Vodka, I suggest using moderate amounts, as too much of it will drown out the other flavors.
  9. Liddo-kun
    2016-12-29 10:24
    Liddo-kun
    Why cure RE:zero addiction??? Being addicted to this anime is good for the health. XD

Oh, just a few more days before New Year. Do people use firecrackers in your area? I hope you have a safe and happy new year.
  10. Palsa-San
    2016-12-27 20:06
    Palsa-San
    That cake looks delicious!

Unfortunately, I don't think they make transdermal patches for RE:Zero addiction. ^^;