AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Dann of Thursday

Notices

Conversation Between Dann of Thursday and KrimzonStriker
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 2282
  1. KrimzonStriker
    Yesterday 14:48
    KrimzonStriker
    Okay, forget the Justice League man, this is a movie that has me excited, will have a full response out later today hopefully but for now check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znavw4akfoY
  2. Dann of Thursday
    2017-07-20 17:07
    Dann of Thursday
    Yeah I suppose it might be a while for high discounts. Maybe I'll go for it the next time it goes on sale if it does so before the winter sale.

Seems like good progress.

Oh wow I didn't even think of that. Thank you. I normally wouldn't go for this sort of thing but I'd already made it far enough on the psp version that it would have been a bit irritating doing all that grinding again given how much time I spent on those poms.

I wonder if they'd ever use that as a potential plot for future films. No I haven't yet. Bit behind on my reading honestly. Always possible and nice!

Yeah, was happy to see that. Curious if it will just be Ruby or if it will be more. That's a pretty big potential roster. I'd imagine at least the whole of team RWBY. I really like how Dragonball FighterZ is coming along as well.

Didn't realize that was what was going on. I sort of figured they were just being a bit smarter about the productions was all. They could maybe do a 24 or so season then if successful go to the shorter format like how AoT did. I should probably reread to refresh myself honestly.

Yeah aside from all the stuff going on there's still a bunch of other reveals to deal with, though I suppose he could always wrap it up at a good pace. I don't see any reason he'd need to rush. That's a good point since that stuff goes really quickly and ending there could be a bit unsatisfying. Though with shorter times between seasons it might not be so bad. Maybe, but Reiner seemed to slow down his healing on the arm right before they revealed themselves. Could be you can slow it down a bit. Or maybe he'd managed to mesh in recently and he'll just grow it back quick once he's where he wants to be.

I keep wondering if they'll just straight up just adapt the main story since they've done pretty much all the prologue to it at this point.
  3. KrimzonStriker
    2017-07-16 21:44
    KrimzonStriker
    Well, SC has been at the same standing price as 3rd and 29.99, last sale when I bought it last year was at 35% but it's been out for two years, so here's hoping 3rd comes in at least 20% this winter for you I guess. Here's the fan translations main site if you're interested;https://geofront.esterior.net/
    An easier option would be to download someones completed save file for SC to begin with and select all the carryover stuff for NG+, here's one you can look at;https://steamcommunity.com/app/43667...4097109396514/
    Kay, keep me posted when you finish FC and when you start on SC I suppose, again no rush.

I hope Rukkh is just a Red Herring though and they follow through on the Unknown Region hints from the Thrawn and other Star Wars novels, having Thrawn himself take the lead on that... did you have a chance to read/listen to the novel yourself btw? And cool figures, wonder if they'll be at New York too, managed to get my passes for that this year

Speaking of stuff I want to see more of at New York Comic-con, the dream is finally here Dann
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4

Yeah, I did some research on that after Season 2 for AoT get only 12 episodes and learned about how lean the anime industry really is right now despite the records success (answer, greedy production companies cutting out the studio artists) but I figured if they were going the Altair route they'd have to get up to the Stratocracy Civil War as that marked the real turning point and when the series' started acting on all it's build up, along with having the big battles everyone will want from Altair. You mean Mahmut right? Altair ie "the flying eagle" is just the title paying homage to Mahmut's title as the Golden Eagle :lol: Anyway that's pretty far actually, hope you continue and see witness the great counterattacks that follow in the next chapters, things get quite exciting then

Well I'm fine with anything as long as they manage to complete the series like they promised. Yeah, I think so too but we'll just have to see with Isayama, I'm hoping he's underestimated his ability to wrap up the story again and extends to at least the actual end of next year, since as you say there's a lot to digest and get through with everything having opened up now. The coup definitely, though I worry if they'll be able to fit the Reiss stuff in without at least 20ish episodes even though it'd be awkward to stop at just the coup and leave everyone on that cliffhanger for another year... Doubtful, don't think Eren could manage that without regnerating it back anyway :lol:

Yeah, between Shokugeki, Mahoutsukai, and the upcoming Loum Arc OVA's for Gundam Fall is shaping up quite nicely
  4. Dann of Thursday
    2017-07-12 13:05
    Dann of Thursday
    https://abload.de/img/hbhbjj4agcs11aftu5rqv3o8c.png

I guess this will be at SDCC this year.
  5. Dann of Thursday
    2017-07-10 16:00
    Dann of Thursday
    I may get it eventually though not right away as I'm being a bit careful with money for the time being though I'll make an exception for the really good sale here and there. I ended up not getting anything and 3rd wasn't that much of a discount. Holding out for a bigger one once it's been out for a while longer, but if the next time comes around and it isn't I'll probably spring for it. Oh I think I remember hearing about this now that I think on it, though I can't recall the specifics. I honestly am considering utilizing a cheat engine or something to save myself some time so I can focus on the story and not get so wrapped up in grinding. I was about done with FC actually, though can't recall exactly where.

Interesting they brought them in. Certainly could set up for his death down the line in some future thing.

Hmm, that's a bit surprising actually. Feels like most new adaptations tend to go for 12-13 episodes and then continue with that for any future seasons. Gives more time for the manga to get ahead so they don't burn through too much. Though I suppose Shokugeki was that many in its first season as well. That seems a fairly good amount at least. I'd have to double check as I can't quite recall. I'd at least gotten to the point where the one reasonable general got beheaded and Altair saw.

I feel like they may have or at least are adopting a model that works better for them that I've seen most adaptations go for as of late as I mentioned above. I'm curious if it will actually finish in a year. The world has opened up so much I could see it going at least two if not more. Next season will likely cover the military coup I would think and maybe the stuff with Reiss. Season after could cover them retaking the walls and the battle with the shifters, ending on the photo reveal. I've seen a theory I quite like that Eren is already in the country and that he's the guy with the missing leg Falco helped who had his arm band on the wrong side since someone who looked similar can be seen just out of frame watching Reiner and the other kids just before.

I completely forgot that Shokugeki had a season 3 announced and glad that Mahoutsukai will be out soon. Hope it looks as nice as the OVAs and that one overview trailer released way back.
  6. KrimzonStriker
    2017-07-08 14:19
    KrimzonStriker
    Thanks, appreciate it and I hope so as well. Yeah, announcement of PC Cold Steel came out of nowhere at the end of June, hope you'll at least pick up that one as I expect future sales won't really vary for awhile beyond the 10%-15% off it'll get like the 3rd did in its debut week, being a newer release and all. Oh, I thought you would have caught the summer sale that ended July 5th, but I suppose the winter sale will work as well since you haven't gotten though the previous Sky games yet. Yes the PC stuff is doing fine but there's issues with licensing and being able to port the Crossbell games over to PC, etc so we'll have to see, for now the stalled fan translation projects have gotten back on track apparently we're looking at early to mid next year at the very latest for both releases, hopefully anyway. Unfortunate but glad you'll make them a priority, though you might be underestimating the length/amount of time it'll take, I've learned quite extensively that the size of these games is no joke though I made it a point to do the whole talk to every NPC etc. How far are you currently in with the Sky games in any event?

Well that's why I enjoyed the Thrawn novel because it opened up a possibility for Thrawn beyond the fall of the Empire if the Rebels production crew hopefully takes it (nervous they brought Rukh back though...)

Yeah, first episode was yesterday, just covers the events of the first chapter mostly but it looks visually good so far at least. I think I read one comment section that says the Altair anime season will take up two cycles at least anyway so I conservatively say in the 20ish episode range based on that length of time. Plus promotional material pretty much confirms they'll be covering events all the way up to chapter 35 at least I believe, so it seems they're investing a lot into it but we'll see if there's enough support to carry over into the latter half of the manga currently. Speaking of what chapter are you currently on in Altair?

I sure HOPE they learned that lesson and managed to work out the kinks in the process for AoT, plus comments from the studio suggests they'll animate the whole story, given Isayama has indicated we're in the last story arcs of the manga and look set to finish the series sometime late next year. It certainly fleshes out his side of things and creates some interesting dynamics on the Marley side, makes me curious as to how it all plays out once we return to Eren and co., hope the people of Paradis manage to pull off the miracle win regardless.

Oh and in other good news Shokugeki season 3 is coming out this fall, along with the official anime of Mahoutsukai No Yome. Hope they both get decent episode count/lengths though I won't hold my breathe for Shokugeki after how rushed Ni no Sara was last year, though with the indication they'll keep putting out more seasons to finish the series here's hoping they pace it alright this time...
  7. Dann of Thursday
    2017-07-08 12:27
    Dann of Thursday
    Hey it's cool. I'm sorry to hear that though and I hope you're able to get something soon. I'm getting by at any rate at least for the time being. Is it? Lost track a bit. Haven't gotten around to getting to that one, though I think I'll want to wait on a sale like I did for the first two. Oh that's good to hear as is Falcom expressing desire to bring them over to America. I'm pretty sure the ones released on PC have been doing quite well so perhaps that's where we'd see them. Unfortunately no. I haven't been able to play as much lately due to work, though they are near the top of my list and I don't think they'll take long to get through.

I think that season is the last one so hopefully they leave him just defeated and not killed, though I guess you'd have the question of where he went off to.

Oh wow I remember back when that was announced so that kind of snuck up on me. I have read some more so I'm curious how far this one will end up going. Yeah I feel like they learned from the last gap though at the same time they've managed to build up a pretty decent amount of story to get through. The manga has gotten really interesting I think and I have really enjoyed what they've done with Reiner.
  8. KrimzonStriker
    2017-07-04 21:47
    KrimzonStriker
    Hey Dann, sorry for my own delay these past few months. Just been depressed is all I guess, still trying to find something to do with my life. Gotta try to turn things around. Hope things are going well for you at any rate. And yeah heard about Cold Steel, coming out this month and in fact and really looking forward to it. Still trying to finish Sky the 3rd before hand. And I heard about these fan translation projects for Trails to Zero and even possible Trails to Azure as well possibly coming out by the end of the year or next. The president of Falcom also expressed an interest in bringing the games over to America, so while nothings guaranteed I'm hopeful we'll finally be able to enjoy the full Trails experience firsthand someday. Anyway, have you managed to finish the Sky games yet at least? Wanted to talk to you more about those games if you had.

Thanks for the Thrawn link btw, been enjoying the new backstory novel from Zahn as well which leaves me hopefully Thrawn might still be able to make it out of Season 4 of Rebels alive hopefully.

The Altair manga I once told you about is getting an anime release this week, hope you've had a chance to read up more on it at this point. And cool news about Season 3 coming out in only a year, I missed not seeing Levi in action in this last arc and look forward to him getting back in the saddle soon.
  9. Dann of Thursday
    2017-04-07 18:21
    Dann of Thursday
    Hey man, hope you are well. Sorry for the delay on XV. I've got all the videos. We're getting upgraded internet where I live so waiting until that's in. Once it is I think I'll be able to get these up at a much better pace.

Cold Steel games coming to PC though! All three including the new one come out May 3rd! I think 3rd is first on PC even. Not sure if that means there will be account transfer since they indicated there was none, but either way it is nice.
  10. Dann of Thursday
    2017-02-16 19:34
    Dann of Thursday
    https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Phantom-...AATVPDKIKX0DER

Thought you might find this amusing. Lego Thrawn.