AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 231 to 240 of 536
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-23 13:51
    0utf0xZer0
    The ending twist managed to make that flashback even more adorable than it already was. Glad to hear you liked it as I suspected you might but wasn't sure if there would still be hard feelings over last week's twist.

The climax does borrow a bit liberally from Raiders of the Lost Ark but it's good enough I didn't even notice that the first time around.

I thought the climactic fight was pretty incredible - well choreographed and the blended CG and conventional actually looked quite good IMO - not something I would necessarily have predicted after the hummers in episode 1. 8bit might be establishing themselves as someone to watch here - granted, they worked on the Macross F movies and Aquarion Evol, but those were collaborations with Satelight (which is where a lot of their staff originate from). I don't think stuff like Infinite Stratos and Walkure Romanze has really given them the chance to shine like this.
  2. Triple_R
    2013-10-23 11:19
    Triple_R
    Yeah, Tokyo Ravens Episode 3 was fantastic. Wonderful climatic action scene for the first arc, and lovely twist at the end of the episode.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-23 06:01
    0utf0xZer0
    So I spotted something in Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home:
    Spoiler for Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home screencap:

Granted, I didn't spot it while I was actually watching it... I thought they might do something like this and that scene was an obvious candidate so I went back and checked.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-23 00:36
    0utf0xZer0
    Got to raise a glass to the Tokyo Ravens team, they completely and utterly nailed this week's episode.

Well, okay, cup of orange pekoe. Still counts, right?
  5. Triple_R
    2013-10-21 21:15
    Triple_R
    Spoiler for Key girl discussion:
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-21 01:52
    0utf0xZer0
    Spoiler for Re: Makoto - Fuko - Komari comparison:
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-19 16:42
    0utf0xZer0
    No spoilers, just a moving enough episode I couldn't resists... though Reck tells me that this this particular arc wasn't written by Maeda.

I did have some idea how short they were just because Vancouver has one of the largest east asian communities outside Asia itself. I do occassionally seel tall asians, but its rare and when it happens they tend to be very thin for their height.

You next to some anime girls would probably end up looking something like Eguchi Tasuya (6'2)next to Yuuki Aoi (4'9) at some Gosick events. Note Aoi is wearing boots with a fairly pronounced heel here:
    http://hashihime.blogspot.ca/2011/04...ami-saori.html
    I'm not as familiar with guy's heights in anime though I know Yuuichi is 5'10 and Tomoya is 5'9. Koyomi in Bakemonogatari is actually only 5'5 (same as Hitagi).

(Edit: since we're on the topic of Kurugaya's arc... she 5'7, which is actually one of the taller bishoujo anime characters I can think of. The tallest would be Motoko from Love Hina who is 5'9.)
  8. Triple_R
    2013-10-19 15:51
    Triple_R
    What about Jun Maeda? If it relates to Little Busters! Refrain Episode 3, please put it in spoiler space, as I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
  9. Triple_R
    2013-10-19 15:49
    Triple_R
    About my height... For a long time, I never bothered getting specific height and weight dimensions for anime characters I like (I still don't unless I'm really into the series and/or am writing it in a fanfic). But there was a conversation we once had about Kotomi Ichinose that was an eye-opener for me. I had long thought that Kotomi was tall, because that's how she appeared relative to most of the rest of the Clannad cast. But it was then that I learned through discussions with you that anime characters tend to be short relative to us westerners. And I guess that's because Asians in general don't have as many very tall people (i.e. over 6 feet) as what we have in the west.

It does feel strange sometimes to know that I would seem like a total giant to most of my favorite anime characters.

As for the B2s...

Spoiler for Coppelion discussion:
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-19 15:39
    0utf0xZer0
    Jun Maeda you bastard.