AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Archon_Wing
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 290
  1. Archon_Wing
    2016-11-27 23:13
    Archon_Wing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8B1t1pd6kI [Hibike]

Ah, I think this gets filed under my personal canon.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2016-10-28 13:10
    Archon_Wing
    In short, of course.

Emillia's alright. Elf girls have a long and checkered history of being moe xD And she's fairly understanding and kind, so she's impossible to really dislike, unlike in the rather obnoxious discussion thread for episode 18-- bleh shipping wars xD If Subaru wasn't so fucked in the head by dying so much they would have been fine. But he's not.

Rem's definitely on another level. I think the contrast was pretty evident in 17-18. They both couldn't understand what was happening with Subaru, but Rem was way more willing to stand by Subaru even though it doesn't make much sense because she was willing to accept him even as the nutcase he had devolved into and honestly it is very hard.

But unlike a lot of cases, it isn't because she is blindly loyal either. She based it on her own experiences as well as observing what she was going on, and judging by what she was rattling off of, it appears she has a really good memory.

It was definitely a moment that I think the characters involved wouldn't mind losing their lives, but they really need to press out. It was, by someone else's words, "a confession of love", except not just causally done to multiple people. /cough

There's been a very long line of anime female characters that display similar traits. They're typically cold, petite, and incredibly determined with more that meets the eyes with a high level of competency and are generally underselling of themselves due to past trauma. This typically allows them to catch the hearts of the people. That in itself wouldn't be too outstanding. Honestly, if she were merely that, I would have just said she would be a fairly well done take on the archetype but I think she's become sort of the culmination of all these years of progress.

Finally, she has something else I've always liked in people. She has a great, snarky sense of humor. =p I think that seals the deal.
  3. Triple_R
    2016-10-28 09:37
    Triple_R
    Good to hear you're enjoying Re:Zero!

And yeah, my reaction to Re:Zero Episode 18 was much the same. Rem was beautiful in that episode, but the last few minutes of that episode... serious gut-punch. ^_^;;

Rem > Emilia, do you agree?
  4. Archon_Wing
    2016-10-28 01:40
    Archon_Wing
    I watched episode 18 of Re:zero. Was a very beautiful episode.

But I think the end to that episode punched me in the face. Surely felt like it. ;;
  5. Archon_Wing
    2016-08-10 21:20
    Archon_Wing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McKkpf2mvsM

And now for something else. (From Angel Beats VN, lol)
  6. Archon_Wing
    2016-01-17 20:17
    Archon_Wing
    Well, glad to know certain things won't change like Homura's obsession or Rena being... Rena.
  7. Triple_R
    2016-01-17 20:06
    Triple_R
  8. Archon_Wing
    2015-12-25 01:31
    Archon_Wing
    Merry Christmas 3xR!
  9. Triple_R
    2015-12-24 18:57
    Triple_R
  10. Archon_Wing
    2015-11-30 21:36
    Archon_Wing
    Just sending this over for comedy reasons. Someone tried to do a phone scam. Sadly for them, I answered.

Spoiler for phone call: