AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 561
  1. Last Sinner
    2017-02-08 01:28
    Last Sinner
    You got the point. AW got the point. Works for me. Reckoner is the gift that keeps on giving - bonus.
  2. Triple_R
    2017-02-07 22:20
    Triple_R
    Just a heads-up - You're probably going to dislike Reckoner's reply to you on the AS Choice Awards 2016 winners thread. ^_^;;

For what it's worth, I liked your contributions to that thread.
  3. Triple_R
    2017-01-14 11:00
    Triple_R
    That's very nice K-On! merch. Hopefully anime is become more progressive towards a certain subtext, and we'll get to see more of it in the future.
  4. Last Sinner
  5. Last Sinner
    2017-01-13 11:23
    Last Sinner
  6. Triple_R
    2017-01-12 22:59
    Triple_R
    Oh, I forgot to mention - The two images you recently shared with me were very good! And yeah, I've also felt "Man, I wish I found this earlier" over finding good Christmas artwork in January. Don't worry, I still like it!
  7. Triple_R
    2017-01-12 22:54
    Triple_R
    Yep, Kuzu no Honkai's 1st episode was a winner for me! Especially in a Winter 2017 that I haven't been that excited about. I definitely wanted something a little more intense, on the human drama side of things, and Honkai is delivering that wonderfully so far.

It's hard to put into words, but there's also just something about Honkai's audiovisual style that's so very engaging and intense. It really sucks me in!

You also make very good points on Honkai. Yes, it's relatable. Yes, in real life, relationships are sometimes messy, and sometimes people make bad decisions because of it, but that's life, that's human. I don't get the vibe that Honkai is celebrating Hana's choices, but just presenting them as sympathetic human weakness. And it can be a good reality check given how some anime shows present unrequited love as this beautiful rich thing, lol.

Nice to see the two of us be excited for the same show this season! Let's hope we'll both enjoy the Honkai anime to its end.
  8. Last Sinner
    2017-01-12 22:44
    Last Sinner
    So Kuzu no Honkai's first ep was a winner for you? Good to hear.

Some reactions are amusing. But there's a lot more positivity towards it than I thought there would be. Which is hopeful.

What drew me into that title is that these two people have forlorn/fool's hope crushes and they settle for something that looks perfect to everyone else but is empty in reality. This is a title where people are going to make some terrible decisions. But they're doing it knowingly. There is no delusion. There is no innocence. Sometimes love/lust can warp the actions of people, which is what happens in this title. It's something you don't see often.

I think a key part of what keeps it intriguing is that it's not like one can't relate to these characters. Heck, as people their age, most people would have had a crush/fantasy towards someone more adult. And given the backstory/context, particularly for the female lead, one can then understand why those two are the way they are.

Hope the positivity keeps coming towards that title.
  9. Last Sinner
  10. Last Sinner
    2017-01-12 01:57
    Last Sinner
    This was an instant share

Geez, fanart of LL is good. And I don't even like LL one bit.