AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 221 to 230 of 298
  1. Archon_Wing
    2011-04-12 18:17
    Archon_Wing
    Alright, time to make random demands.

May I suggest you watch the anime Akagi? It's an anime about the table game Mahjong, however much like most shows of the genre it doesn't require knowledge of the game because the focus is on the characters. Kinda like yugioh, but way more GAR.

Also, there is much ham with the drama.

The cast is also mostly male, which should be a breath of fresh air considering we have so many animes with female dominated casts.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-25 02:02
    Archon_Wing
    I have a perfect wish for Madoka; have you ever watched Babylon 5?
  3. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-23 04:37
    Archon_Wing
    Man I read Madoka threads, then I read about the Haruhi movie thread, and damn that's a lot of Trek analogies being tossed around. I think I may have caused nightmares when I compared Voyager's ending (Janeway goes back because she is obsessed with saving Seven.... ) to Madoka and Homura.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-19 03:25
    Archon_Wing
    So did you think I was too harsh on Hime? I guess you can't tell it's one of my favorite shows like that-- I tend to be even harsher on shows I really like. It's just that I can never get over ShizNat, personally I think Natsuki just is the buttmonkey of the franchise. WHY DOES EVERYTHING BAD HAPPEN TO HER?

Anyhow if you care, extended thoughts on Hime, from my posts in that subforum:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...50#post2535950
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...88#post2540488

But you do have a point, that without the wham at the end, it might have been forgotten. It just doesn't matter to me, because I will still remember it.
  5. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-08 21:44
    Archon_Wing
    I think I found a quote that really summarizes Madoka to use as a sig, from a great movie too that is relevant to your avatar.

I think it's time for you to use the Dark Knight saga music, lol

Also, since we were talking about QB being a liar/witholding information so much, this video is now relevant:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyhJeZtBw78
  6. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-04 22:59
    Archon_Wing
    But, but a bad end is obvious, blah blah blah. J/k

Actually if you find an excuse for me to post this in a Madoka thread, I'll be happy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_au7Jc4JbY

Obviously Madoka needs to attack with all her love and anger, and sorrow!
    I'll give it a 10 if they do that. Well, maybe not.
  7. Triple_R
    2011-03-04 22:57
    Triple_R
    lol Glad you like that line reference. It fits so beautifully now.

I'm slowly starting to warm up to this new sci-fi angle actually.

All I want now, really, is to see Madoka and Homura turn the tide, defeat Walpurgis Night, and force Kyubey and his people to leave our planet and never come back.

I truly hope that we don't get a "bad end" now. I can live with the sacrifices that have already been made, but I want to see Homura and Madoka kick serious ass the rest of the way.

Break the glass, Homura, and show Kyubey that resistance is not futile.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-04 22:49
    Archon_Wing
    lol, I can't get over your "line must be drawn here" reference.

"Just turn Madoka into an MG already"

Homura: No!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  9. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-04 20:26
    Archon_Wing
    XD A's has been considered by many to be the best part of the franchise. It's funny to link it to what may be the best part of Star Trek. "The Best of Both Worlds"

It's not too hard to see what's so appealing about our heroes fighting an insanely menacing enemy. It's not just powerful; it literally steals what you are made of. Isn't it terrible that your own abilities can be used against yourself and your friends? And then you add what the Borg did to Picard, and what the book did to Hayate. These are enemies that do more than kill you; they really just keep consuming til there's nothing left of you.

Ironically, Hayate DID become their leader. But she's not bald; maybe that's what is holding her back?

Lol, Kyubey and Cardassians. Well, he is pale like them. So he's Gul Dukat-- is he gonna collect all the seeds and shoot fire at them? >.>

He was a great villain, however I really couldn't take the part where he got superpowers seriously.
  10. Triple_R
    2011-03-04 20:18
    Triple_R
    Not bad, Archon. I see your point on the Book of Darkness now.

Truthfully, if Kyubey had emotions, I'd compare him more to Cardassians than to the Borg. The Cardassians treated the Bajorans as a lesser people who were only there to help Cardassians gather fuel and resources. This is how Kyubey and his people are treating humans.