AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Pocari_Sweat

Notices

Conversation Between Pocari_Sweat and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 181 to 190 of 581
  1. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-09 21:25
    Pocari_Sweat
    So aside from Mushishi Season 2, I have no idea what I'm supposed to watch this season. Suggestions are welcome... including your token moe show(s) of the season .
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-06 00:59
    Pocari_Sweat
    I'm curious to see if Tamako Market love story movie will be a better romance series than Nagi no Asu Kara. My gut reactions thinks yes, which is damn scary.

But, I still stand by my opinion that Tamako is one of Kyoani's best female characters, and that I do quite liker her. No idea how she would rank in my general preferences though.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-06 00:57
    0utf0xZer0
    When you run into a Tamako cosplayer at a local Japanese cultural festival, the correct procedure is to buy $5 of mochi so you can ask her to pose with it for photos, right?

When I first read your comments on Chisaki, it got me thinking you probably wouldn't like one of the major characters in a story I want to write... then I realized my character isn't actually all that angsty. Just, like, an few orders of magnitude more timid and socially anxious than Chisaki is.
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-06 00:52
    Pocari_Sweat
    Some redundant analysis that you may find interesting :
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...73#post5071573
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-06 00:24
    Pocari_Sweat
    Quote:
    Because if moe is a problem, maybe I don't want to be saved.
    Lawl. Moe is definitely not a problem, in fact it's part of the charm that contemporary anime brings that no other medium does as far as I know.

However what is a problem is fetishizing the concept, particularly when it involves sexualizing said moe characters especially when it involves prepubescent girls (and boys) or putting them in a light where it be deemed discriminating - I would imagine feminists in general would have a field day regarding the anime medium if they were informed about the hardcore otaku subculture.

Quote:
    Quick question for you: are there any anime characters that tend to remind you a lot of Matsuri in Sola?

For me, it's Yuki Souya in Taisho Yakyuu Musume. Granted, Yuki lacks Matsuri's tragic backstory and is far, far younger, but I feel the characters mannerisms are somewhat similar - it's one of the few other cases I can think of where Noto Mamiko takes her typical "soft spoken and refined" voice and injects a bit of "pep" into it.
    Can't think of any on top of my head. Never watched Tiasho Yakyuu Musume so I can't comment.

Quote:
    I texted my girlfriend that Triple_R thinks Chisaki is fine but you don't like her.

She texted back "he likes hiromi so no taste".
    Pfff. Inferior commoners liking the noeblob! (intentional typo)

Quote:
    True Tears reference? My girlfriend thinks yuou should up your rating of the show because of it.
    That reminds me more of Silver Spoon than True tears in all honesty .
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-05 22:22
    0utf0xZer0
    http://tinypic.com/r/iy3dds/8
    True Tears reference? My girlfriend thinks yuou should up your rating of the show because of it.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-04 22:10
    0utf0xZer0
    I texted my girlfriend that Triple_R thinks Chisaki is fine but you don't like her.

She texted back "he likes hiromi so no taste".
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-03 02:22
    0utf0xZer0
    Quick question for you: are there any anime characters that tend to remind you a lot of Matsuri in Sola?

For me, it's Yuki Souya in Taisho Yakyuu Musume. Granted, Yuki lacks Matsuri's tragic backstory and is far, far younger, but I feel the characters mannerisms are somewhat similar - it's one of the few other cases I can think of where Noto Mamiko takes her typical "soft spoken and refined" voice and injects a bit of "pep" into it.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-04-02 05:59
    0utf0xZer0
    RDG is another show I felt was a mess but ended up liking quite a bit because of the characters. Though I will admit that I like Nagi no Asukara more than RDG. The pathos is more beautiful.

Revised the post yet again because I honestly don't want to make a confrontation out of it, just offer up a different perspective on who thinks what and why they think that. And to add this 0utf0xZer0ism:

Quote:
    Hence why I reacted positively to Space Dandy being pitched as a retro sci-fi comedy by Watanabe and... didn't react positively when it was pitched as being about saving anime from moe. Because if moe is a problem, maybe I don't want to be saved.
  10. Pocari_Sweat
    2014-04-02 05:10
    Pocari_Sweat
    NagiAsu is in the bottom half of PA series for me, only above the likes of Angel Beats and Red Data. Hell, I would say I enjoyed Another and Canaan better and it's definitely not the calibre of Hanasaku Iroha or Tari Tari.