Mark Forums Read
Ideas - Seitenkan Fighting Game
Trouble logging in?
If you can't remember your password or are having trouble logging in, you will have to
reset your password
. If you have trouble resetting your password (for example, if you lost access to the original email address), please
do not start posting with a new account
, as this is against the forum rules. If you create a temporary account, please contact us right away via
, and send us any information you can about your original account, such as the account name and any email address that may have been associated with it.
Ideas - Seitenkan Fighting Game
Since it would otherwise continue to clutter the Nanoha project's discussion, I felt it necessary to start up a discussion for this "project."
Things to discuss:
* Style of fighter
* Whether it would be a crossover project or just Haruki
* Whether including non-GB versions would prove worthwhile
* Move lists for characters
* Included characters
* Sprite-based or 3D
Potential styles of fighters:
* SF/Darkstalkers/Vs.-style, where the move lists mostly consist of several directions followed by an attack button
* Tekken-style, where the four attack buttons each control a different limb, and different moves consist of pressing the right button+direction at the right time
* Soul series-style, which is a slight simplification of Tekken-style, with the added benefit of weapons
* SSB Stamina Mode-style, where the various attacks are mapped to deceptively simple combinations of directions and attack buttons, but with a set HP amount
* SSB "everything else"-style, which is the above, only the characters stick around until they get sent off the edge of the screen. And have multiple lives, usually.
* Any I have forgotten
Crossover vs Haruki:
* Crossover would allow the inclusion of more characters
* Haruki would allow a more easily developed story, not that fighting games generally have much of one
Tsuji vs Seitenkan-only:
* Again, Tsuji would allow a larger list of characters, and could lead to interesting interactions
* Seitenkan-only would pretty much eliminate the possibility of clones
* Largely subject to the type of fighter this would be, but general move ideas would be welcome before we settle on any specific type (I still like the idea of Nagato using books as a weapon)
Haruki is a definite must, as are Yuuki and Itsuko. Kyonko and Mitsuuru would need work, but should still be included. Ryou is also a must-have, simply because he actually has combat experience. Beyond those six, it largely depends on how large of a character pool we're delving into.
Sprites vs. 3D:
* Sprites are closer to how we're used to seeing the characters
* I could actually contribute (somewhat) to the graphical style if it were sprite-based
* 3D is easier to work with if each character has a large move list.
* 3D is prettier
Note that this may or may not ever happen, as it's fairly hard to produce fan games of any real merit, even with a pre-made engine. This is largely just a fun idea to toss around until either someone with real knowledge in this area decides to help with it or something more realistic comes up.
- No preference as to what engine would be used, though in planning any fighting game my basic instinct is to fall back on SF combos.
- Let's write Haruki and the Seitenkan gang first, and figure other series later. Epic crossover stories like SRW are something I'm not quite up to yet.
- I say that Tsuji Clash is a given, but possibly only after clearing campaigns with characters from both the Haruhiverse and Harukiverse. Before unlocking that the character lists would be segregated.
- There exist two possibilities for the Seitenkan characters movesets. For fights that occur in Haruki's realm, the logical course is to clone the original characters and mod their stats and attack reach. And the second would be to allow them use of new abilities that they acquire in the VN that Kaisos and I currently have on the shelf.
- I think the basic six are a good starting point, though I'd like to see if Kaisos wants to include anyone else.
- No preference for Sprites vs 3D. Will probably depend on the move lists.
The thing is, I really don't like clones in fighting games. Even if it's somewhat justified in this case, I'd like to see a bit more variance between the counterparts than just "GUY STRONGER!! GIRL FASTER!!"
Those six are fine for Seitenkan characters, since none of the other characters are really decent in combat and/or important.
Mitsuuru would practically have to be a joke character... he's not anything powerful physically.
I personally don't mind clones because they allow a different ability balance with basically the same moveset.
Anyway, as I said in the Nanoha discussion, Kyonko would definitely need the chair throwing and SHINKICK as moves, simply because they are awesome. And snark so powerful that it damages the enemy. TSUKKOMI POWER.
Do we want Haruki in GODMODE or not? If he's in GODMODE, he'd be able to float, and that would be awesome, but that's a tad TOO powerful...
Then again, so is Yuuki to start with...
I'd put my VN Yuuki on the same tier as Awakened Haruki.
Realistically, Awakened Haruki and ANGRY Yuuki would hand the other four's asses to them...
But this is a fighting game and it's supposed to have BALANCE.
There's a balance... Mitsuuru's uselessness balances out their overpowered nature
But in all seriousness, those could be unlockable variants, like Nine-tailed Naruto and Curse Mark Sasuke in the US version of the original Naruto Ultimate Ninja. We'd just have to come up with some overly ridiculous requirements for them.
As for movelists... hmm... I'd like to see Awakened Haruki have a move list that incorporates Shinjin somehow, like how Jin had Blodia incorporated into his MvC movelist. Just... don't include a "Haruki Dynamite" move... as funny as it sounds, do we
want him to have exploding clothes?
If its a fighting game, I'd suggest Guilty Gear or Fate/Unlimited Codes type/level of play. Mega combos and high speed play.
If there's instant kills, or ultimates, Mitsuuru can press some buttons on the TPDD and destroy the time plane, oh wait, I don't think it works like this.
Haruki can say stuff like what Haruhi-chan said in the dodge ball, and gives everyone super human capabilities, the balance can then be established.
Unlockable variants would probably be a good idea, but Yuuki still outclasses everyone else (Except perhaps Itsuko) in that case.
And yes, we want Haruki to have exploding clothes. MANSERVICE
Hmm... for Muttsuuru, why not put him in his Combat Butler outfit? He'd at least have beam attacks and guns...
Hey, what kind of fighting game style would you put Melty Blood under? We can use that style as a base...
Yuuki can always get terrible reach and more complex controls to make things fair...
I like the idea of Yuuki and Yuki having the exact some controls (or perhaps the exact opposite). Also the Nagatos would have good defense, but might not have any normal attacks (or a very weak normal attack). All their attacks would require precise rapid button pushing. Not button mashing, because in order for it to seem like a Nagato, the moments must be precise and orderly. The good defense is so that if you aren't good with fast button pushing, you could still win in a prolonged fight.
Itsuko and Itsuki would have heavier special attacks, but less of them.
To be evil, Haruki and Haruhi would be able to lesser versions of everyone else's special moves, plus having their own. The exception would be some of Nagato's moves...since there is no way to have that many button combos that don't overlap.
In all fairness, the Nagato Fighting Style (lol) is mostly defensive, anyway... but I would still love to hit people with books
Sample Nagato move:
Book toss: UDLLDULRLRLRRLRLRLDDDUUDDLRLR (punch)(kick)
... yes, I'm joking
Yeah, giving Nagato an incredibly complex interface and no ranged attacks sounds fair. We never see Yuki use any sort of ranged weapon, unlike Asakura, so that seems pretty logical.
The problem is when you're playing against the computer, which doesn't have to input button combos.
Haruki having an assortment of moves seems interesting, but what about this?
Haruhi in MUGEN can summon other members of the Brigade, so why can't Haruki do the same instead of having their moveset?
Also, Awakened Haruki should blast things with energy for a ranged attack. DIVINE BLAST
"why can't Haruki do the same instead of having their moveset?"
Because Haruki would basically be able to summon a little under half the roster if this is Tsuji or almost the entire roster if it's just Seitenkan... the only exceptions would be Ryou and Haruki himself. If we feel comfortable enough to include characters from other projects, then it would be feasible(provided we do more than just throwing in one or two characters from said "other projects")
I'll express a preference for sprites. Sprites will always have a soft spot in my heart, right next to the original Half-Life.
Edit: And having a Hyperion reference in Nagato's style would be awesome.
Suggestion for Tsuji-route final battle: I suggest using the PC's counterpart in a battle taking place in Closed Space. And yes, this would inevitably result in the Suzumiyas discovering the other SOS Brigade's existence. This
Tsuji, after all. Also, if the backgrounds aren't static, I'd suggest using the opposing Suzumiya's Shinjin rampaging in the background. Provided there's still a difference between them, obviously.
Optional addition to the above: Haruhi vs. Haruki final battle results in different music, and both their Shinjin appearing (and most likely battling one another). Because that's pretty much how I'd picture a battle between the two in Closed Space would manifest. (The music thing is mainly Rule Of Cool in effect)
Haruhi is blue, Haruki is red. Just cosmetic differences that help to define the differences.
Yes. The book that Nagato gives Kyon. Written by Dan Simmons. First book is excellent, I'd recommend the second too, but it just gets
when you get to Endymion.
Bleh, books. My poor attention span...
Might read it one day if I have to.
Page 1 of 5
Mark This Discussion Read
Mark This Discussion Read
All times are GMT -5. The time now is
-- AnimeSuki Default
-- AnimeSuki Default (Contacts Highlighted)
-- AnimeSuki Default (Original Navigation)
-- AnimeSuki Compressed
-- AnimeSuki Blue
-- AnimeSuki Blue (Reordered)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.