AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Pt. 2 Rebirth (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=134496)

Jan-Poo 2015-06-18 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 5566507)
FFXIII didn't fail because of its ATB concept, but because the damage players dealt was insignificant until your team was buffed up and the enemy debuffed AND you could take advantage of their elemental weakness. Fighting like that is a chore and not fun at all.

You should see Xenosaga II's battle system :heh:

Yeah, even I think that one was awful...

FlareKnight 2015-06-18 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 5566590)

On the positive side it is confirmed Yuffie won't make a gender flip :heh:, that's about all we've got though.

Well that and we can't expect an exact copy of the original battle system. Can somewhat understand them feeling like it'd be a waste to have these great updated visuals of the characters and just having them an the enemy line up opposite of each other :). Hopefully they can still come up with a kind of turn based system that will satisfy both sides and not necessarily have to be fully action based.

cyberdemon 2015-06-18 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 5566774)
So is this confirmed to be PS4 (or PS5 or PS6) and PC only? I keep seeing links about it being true, if so it makes sense.

Also, whaf if they add in every single bit of content from all the other FF VII games and movies like Crisi Core and Advent Children (which is actually playable), etc and make a literal definitive edition with all of that extra content?:twitch::eyespin::D

It wasn't you:uhoh:, you were too busy threatening Toriyama to make a new Dragon Ball.

currently it is only set for ps4 at release.

Xacual 2015-06-18 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 5566790)
currently it is only set for ps4 at release.

Yeah to add to this they said "First on PS4" which of course implies that it will be on other systems later.

GreyZone 2015-06-18 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 5566774)
So is this confirmed to be PS4 (or PS5 or PS6) and PC only? I keep seeing links about it being true, if so it makes sense.

Also, whaf if they add in every single bit of content from all the other FF VII games and movies like Crisi Core and Advent Children (which is actually playable), etc and make a literal definitive edition with all of that extra content?:twitch::eyespin::D

Many people just mix up the last announcment for "the latest PC port of the original game coming to the PS4" with the remake. AFAIK nothing was said about the remake other than "first on PS4".

Some may not like it, but I hope it only comes to PS4 and PC. If it goes to Xbone too then we may get that whole "equality of the consoles" BS again, which in turn would lead to the PS4 version to be downgraded... on the other hand it happens less in this generation, because no more PS3 Cell processor, so we'll see I guess.

And THEY BETTER HAVE JAPANESE VOICES AT LEAST OPTIONAL INCLUDED! I am not giving a cent, if I have to fight through the English voices.

Wandering Soul 2015-06-18 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 5566590)

Well it confirmed we will still have the more light hearted moments and things won't be exactly the same.

Yuffie will not be switching genders but I don't think anyone was worried about that:heh:

Ultragunner 2015-06-18 10:52

As long as I get to see Cloud-chan with a dress in full HD glory, I don't mind anything else :p

Vocah 2015-06-18 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 5566788)
On the positive side it is confirmed Yuffie won't make a gender flip :heh:, that's about all we've got though.

Well that and we can't expect an exact copy of the original battle system. Can somewhat understand them feeling like it'd be a waste to have these great updated visuals of the characters and just having them an the enemy line up opposite of each other :). Hopefully they can still come up with a kind of turn based system that will satisfy both sides and not necessarily have to be fully action based.

Am I one of the few that REALLY enjoy this kind of system for JRPGs?

monster 2015-06-18 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocah (Post 5566847)

Probably, but I enjoy it too. They can still look good while standing in formation and doing their moves.

FlareKnight 2015-06-18 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocah (Post 5566847)

As a whole I've enjoyed that system over the years. Good times and ability to tactically choose the moves. But, I can understand a desire to have more things happening in a fluid manner.

Will be curious to see how the battle system does turn out here.

monster 2015-06-18 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 5566939)
But, I can understand a desire to have more things happening in a fluid manner.

I think that's a fair point, but one thing I realize after playing FFXII and only a few minutes of the first Kingdom Hearts is that I can appreciate the visuals of the characters more when they're not all over the place. Even on that impressive FFXV video showing the Ramuh summon, the other characters aside from the main character, who is presumably the summoner, barely register to me.

Dextro 2015-06-18 13:54

I know this is probably a given but I sure as hell hope that random encounters get replaced with roaming enemies on the field. The one thing that always annoys the heck out of me on older games is the step -> fight -> step -> fight loop that happens when the mob fights are randomly calculated at each step.

Kafriel 2015-06-18 14:38

Random encounters are the bane of my existence. The earlier FF titles (FFI through V) have humongous dungeons (like Garland's castle, the elemental caves, Ultima castle, labyrinth of time, sylphan caves, etc.) where the encounter rate is so high that you can forget which way you were going before the fight. Having a limited number of encounters per floor is a must, even if they respawn upon exiting that floor.

As for the battle setup, I like turn-based action with map awareness, where each player can move, flank, wall and zone out enemies (think D&D, Fire Emblem, Arc the lad, etc...Resonance of Fate did a fair job with that). It gives a more tactical feel to the game and makes FF's OP bosses more acceptable imo.

Xacual 2015-06-18 14:47

It's possible they might implement similar to Bravely Default's system if they keep the random encounters with the whole able to adjust the rate or even turn off the random battles entirely if you choose.

Ravagerblade 2015-06-18 14:51

One thing I hope they do with this remake is actually Explore some damn space!!!
Palmer will be happy.

Jan-Poo 2015-06-18 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravagerblade (Post 5567057)
One thing I hope they do with this remake is actually Explore some damn space!!!
Palmer will be happy.

That's what I would call a drastic change, the world of FF7 is one where space travel has yet to be achieved, or, if it was in the past, any knowledge of it has been lost.

The whole background of Cid would change since being the first man on space is his life-long dream.

Ravagerblade 2015-06-18 15:53

No, it would be explored in game, expanded on, You don't understand what I mean.
And Space travel was used in FF7, briefly to deal with Meteor, Cid was the first man (with cloud) in space. (Supposedly)
Jenova did come from Space. That does have something to talk about.

Are you limited in what happened in FF7?

Rising Dragon 2015-06-18 16:07

What Jan-Poo is saying is that plotwise, beyond launching the rocket at Meteor, there is no reason for the exploration of a space area in Final Fantasy VII, and you cannot really modify the plotline to add it in without drastically altering the backstory and core motivations of one of the characters. If you make it so that space travel was achieved previously by the planet's current inhabitants, Cid's backstory and motivations lose meaning. But if that rocket is the first to reach space, then there's literally nothing up there for the story to use, except for Meteor.

Ravagerblade 2015-06-18 16:09

For the original game yes, but I'm talking about the remake the, If's that they might do.
If you guys can understand that, then we can talk more.
It might not be 100% the same thing which is why I'm talking about it, I want to see some space travel.

Rising Dragon 2015-06-18 16:14

Good luck, but they can't do that without butchering major parts of the story. The best we're getting will likely be the rocket ride to Meteor.