AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KanColle (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Kantai Collection ~Kancolle~ (Browser Game) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122413)

Lantern 2014-05-02 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 5106862)
A somewhat disturbing thought just came across my mind. Could it be that Midway event will happen by June?

The idea that a major event would hit in less than 1 month from the conclusion of this event is somewhat disturbing though.

Doubt it. The devs are already pushing maintenance back regularly to thin out update releases per month so they won't run out of contents to churn out.

I seriously doubt that they are going to rush a major event so soon after their anniversary like that.

That being said, I'm expecting it to be much harder than what we have right now in Spring event, which is why I've already begun working on crafting more equipments and grinding out more of some of the ship classes I lack in number.

....I'm gonna need a lot more 46cm guns ....... :uhoh:

panzerfan 2014-05-02 17:40

The lack of 46cm is a problem with my fleet too. I have 5 in total, 1 is stock on Musashi. I am leveling her to get yet another 46. You need 2 on the Kongous to get the magical 150.

Lantern 2014-05-02 18:17

I'm hoping to get around 12~14, where 10 would be for the main fleet should I ever need to go with 5BB again, and the spare ones to the support fleet.

Also some other gears I'm considering right now:

- Lots of Observation Planes
- 1~2 more Ka-go for my BBVs and CVLs
- Type 3 ASW set (Just got 3 more T3 DC yesterday, completing a total of 5 sets on top of about 6 spare T3 Sonars, so I'm all set in this)
- 1~2 more Reppu
- 5~6 more Suisei 12A for support fleet CVs

- Maybe a few more No.3 guns for my CAs but I'm not in a hurry for these
- Optional, but 2 more of each of T14, T32 and T33 radars would be nice

Myssa Rei 2014-05-02 18:51

Cripes guys, I only had three 46cms for my whole fleet, and it did fine so far. What I do likely need is one more Reppu, as well as Taihou, so that's where the bulk of my resources will go to in the interim.

Lantern 2014-05-02 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 5106951)
Cripes guys, I only had three 46cms for my whole fleet, and it did fine so far.

Well it will do fine clearing what we have here in Spring I guess.
Though I'm more keen on maximizing firepower if I can help it especially with this much time to prepare.
As it stands now, I wasn't able to sink BSH even once in E-5 and I had 4 guns.

...I shall have my revenge on the next event. :eyespin:

*back to farming E-4 for more Maruyu for turning KTKM into a cut-in machine*

RapidPotential 2014-05-02 20:22

I've been surviving on the two 46cms I've got from crafting some 40 HQ levels ago. :uhoh:

They're both on Kongou and my recent attempts to craft those ended in failure. The best I got was a Type 91 AP shell. :heh:

EDIT: Attempted crafting today and got another two Type 91s. No 46cms in sight at all. Well, at least I beat the boss once today...

Myssa Rei 2014-05-02 21:32

Thinking of hitting either E-2 or E-3 again tonight, but I'm kind of torn on which map to use to farm Hamakaze and Maikaze. The E-2 Ru boss is obviously an easier kill, EXCEPT it has the annoying Night Battle pre-boss node (which means sparkles required). E-3 has a guaranteed boss hit setup, except there's no guarantee that one can down Seaport Hime due to her HP.

Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: LOL the power of RNG.

http://i.imgur.com/qKik4lC.png

Was convinced by Hitokiri to try non-event maps for rare DD farming, in this case 3-3A for Maikaze. Wouldn't you know it, she's the FIRST drop I get there.

Oh well, now just Hamakaze left.

RapidPotential 2014-05-02 22:07

My personal aim for the remainder of this event is to suitably clear E-4 within the next four days because the remaining two will be attempts to farm for Zuikaku, the carrier I've always wanted but could never really obtain. Four more boss hits to go, and hopefully I can do it as soon as possible - the earlier I clear E-4, the earlier I can start farming at E-3.

Lantern 2014-05-02 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 5107111)

I've been farming E1 and then E4 ever since I cleared the event and I haven't really seen her drop even though I already have her.

As for E2 and E3, they cost almost twice the resource you would spent farming 2-2 and 5-4 (I got quite a few of her from 5-4).

IMHO, unless you're farming E4 which is very low cost due to the odd nature of SS nodes not consuming ammo, you're better off trying your luck in the regular maps if Hamakaze's all you're after.

Duo Maxwell 2014-05-02 23:33

Didn't realize Maikaze is a rare ship. I got her awhile ago and thought she's just a new DD.

Hopefully the next event won't be too close. I have too much catching up to do. What with all those new equipment and expedition that could make my life easier and I didn't know about it (Drum Canister, etc.).

KBTKaiser 2014-05-03 00:09

I got Hamakaze off of farming 2-2, so the drops are definitely there.

Myssa Rei 2014-05-03 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBTKaiser (Post 5107244)
I got Hamakaze off of farming 2-2, so the drops are definitely there.

The issue many have with Hamakaze at 2-2 (and I should know, I use the place for my World 2 Boss daily) is that you can only get her with a specific boss pattern: the ones with the carriers.

Blargh, this might be one of those cases like Makigumo (whose first drop at 2-3 I only experienced in January), and it's just a matter of when rather than if.

panzerfan 2014-05-03 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 5107637)
The issue many with Hamakaze at 2-2 (and I should know, I use the place for my World 2 Boss daily) is that you can only get her with a specific boss pattern: the ones with the carriers.

Blargh, this might be one of those cases like Makigumo (whose first drop at 2-3 I only experienced in January), and it's just a matter of when rather than if.

How on earth do I trigger the carrier pattern? It's been a pretty cruiser galore drop wise, to the point that I am sending freebee CAs in... so I am only paying for my own CVL.

Quote:

Was convinced by Hitokiri to try non-event maps for rare DD farming, in this case 3-3A for Maikaze. Wouldn't you know it, she's the FIRST drop I get there.

I just did the opposite just now and went for E4 out of frustration, and Mikuma dropped for me. RNG is truly kind to me this time.

Klashikari 2014-05-03 12:49

Quote:

The issue many have with Hamakaze at 2-2 (and I should know, I use the place for my World 2 Boss daily) is that you can only get her with a specific boss pattern: the ones with the carriers.

Wrong. I got mine with 2-2 cruisers pattern. Furthermore, the "carrier pattern only" comment has been removed on the jp wiki for weeks already.

In any case, she drop in most event maps (I got her at least twice in E2, once in E3 and E4).

risingstar3110 2014-05-03 13:12

E-5 is screwing me up with its RNG.

Twice got four green BB to boss node. They killed the battleship princess both time. Killed her!! As in...sunk her 400 hp. Without touching the boss...

RapidPotential 2014-05-03 18:28

This kind of thing shouldn't be happening...

http://i.imgur.com/KAG1oWT.png

Decimated before I hit night battle, and that's the third D rank in PvP in the last few days. Something is obviously out to get me bad. My PvP ratio isn't bad, but some of my losses are just a bad taste in the mouth. They're mostly D ranks with crap like this happening. Perhaps it's not so smart to aim at E-4 with my luck being THIS bad.

Lantern 2014-05-03 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapidPotential (Post 5108271)
This kind of thing shouldn't be happening...

http://i.imgur.com/KAG1oWT.png

Decimated before I hit night battle, and that's the third D rank in PvP in the last few days. Something is obviously out to get me bad. My PvP ratio isn't bad, but some of my losses are just a bad taste in the mouth. They're mostly D ranks with crap like this happening. Perhaps it's not so smart to aim at E-4 with my luck being THIS bad.

Uhh, that's a fleet configured to S rank the E-5 boss node.

Fighting it head on for air power is a bad idea.

The best way in my experience to counter it is with a 1CLT 5BB or 2CLT 4BB fleet.

Give up the day time double attack, you won't be able to get it unless you have 3 CVs stuffed with Reppu.

You're better off relying on preemtive torpedoes to weaken their fleet and have your BBs cripple some of the BBs before they fire back.

Don't worry about their double attack too much because as I mentioned above, you're gonna be crippling some of their BBs.

Since you're always the first to attack, this tactic will give you a slight upperhand, and will give you a decent chance for at least an A rank after entering night battle.

Also note that it can get pretty messy if you get T-disadvantage. If that happens you're gonna have to rely on night battle (your 6 vs their 4).

Klashikari 2014-05-03 18:51

To begin with, I wouldn't even bring dead weight like Isuzu in this kind of battle. At least, not on the second slot.
Likewise, CV would not only be a bauxite sink, they won't contribute anything due to opposing CV and the obvious huge AA setup the opponent has.

4BB + either CLT or CA would do the trick.

RapidPotential 2014-05-03 19:11

Well, to be honest I was only going for experience. Getting half of what I usually get was a bit on the frustrating side.

I have plans to get Mutsu and Isuzu to 99 before I hit an unwanted hiatus next month. I'll free up another two slots for training other daughters this way. I'm not even bringing in Haruna to PvPs anymore. :heh:

I only realised that I forgot to bring Kitakami AFTER I started. I missed out on an opening torp strike which probably would have smacked someone to red on the other end.

Speaking of which, I managed to get the boss gauge down to half. Probably should try after I do some sparkles. I went in with sparkles and cleared pre-boss with no one in orange the last time around.

Lantern 2014-05-03 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapidPotential (Post 5108313)
Well, to be honest I was only going for experience. Getting half of what I usually get was a bit on the frustrating side.

I have plans to get Mutsu and Isuzu to 99 before I hit an unwanted hiatus next month. I'll free up another two slots for training other daughters this way. I'm not even bringing in Haruna to PvPs anymore. :heh:

Well... if you're in for the exp I supposed you can give it some time and wait it out.
With a fleet like that you might see them switch to an "Akashi's repair shop" fleet :heh:
I've been doing that during the event that since I don't feel like wasting the xp on my already 95~99 BBs and CLTs.