AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Boku no Hero Academia (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127096)

Sixth 2016-07-30 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 5909670)
The immediate problem that deku is having is the risk of injury to his arms. Because of how far he went during the camping trip his arms in very real danger of suffering from permanent injury. If Deku learns to rely more on his legs for combat, it will lessen the burden on his arms and thus make it less likely he'll suffer permanent injury

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon1412 (Post 5910388)
It's just like how Mixed Martial arts fighter deal with their injury, if their fist is damaged, just kick instead, the point is not being a master at kick, but to find other means of attack to lessen the damage to your main attack, it's a bit like Jab and straight in boxing. The main goal is that Deku could lessen the damage on his fist, and normally, Leg are a lot stronger than arm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by belatkuro (Post 5909513)
His first thought of improving himself when he was with Gran Torino was jumping between walls. His mimicking of Bakugou's moves as well when he made Full Cowl is also making use of swift leg movements. It's just that now he's going to be using his legs as a form of offense. That would also make him less dependent on punching, thus making his arms heal a bit more. It would also differentiate himself from All Might who's all about punching.

Make sense. I had never considered the possibility that he wants to reduce his usage on his injured arms by adding more option to attack; leg. I was simply assuming that he chose leg for the sake of coming up a super move and trying to be different than AM. :p

marvelB 2016-08-04 03:46

That time of week is here:

Spoiler for 102:

LevelSeven 2016-08-04 05:33

^
Spoiler for mmhh:

Edit:

Good chapter, Allmight feels hos it is to be weak :(
But one question: if this new guy has gained the top score in the entrance exam doesnt that mean he is more talented than kacchan? Why does deku say that he is more talented than todo? Todo didnt even make the exam right?

SoloPanda 2016-08-04 11:41

Just gonna set this ship to sail here. But what should we name it hmmm every good ship needs a name.

Deku's new kick style suites him much more than the punch style IMO. I think when his arms have healed enough he will be able to incorporate both into a good all around combat style though.

Though I wonder what All Might will do now. It seems that he's just realized that he's no longer one of the strong.

Sixth 2016-08-04 11:43

Typical main character luck. Straight away facing the strong school. :heh:

and Deku is actually look good with kicking.

As for the new guy in the final page, it is nice change of pace to have a strong guy who doesn't look edgy or cool.

So, I assumed that the class B who sighed on relief is actually afraid of fighting against Class A?

LevelSeven 2016-08-04 12:10

^it was only copy boy whi sighed, im sure tetsux4 would happily take on anyone :)

Sixth 2016-08-04 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LevelSeven (Post 5914457)
^it was only copy boy whi sighed, im sure tetsux4 would happily take on anyone :)

Well, yeah, i meant copy boy. So he is just a paper tiger?

B214 2016-08-04 12:26

It feels like reality is hitting on All Might now.

AlphaDragoon 2016-08-04 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5914197)
That time of week is here:

Spoiler for 102:

The spoiler was straight up wrong about "Ochako realizes her uneasiness isn't due to love". That's exactly what it is, look at that panel. :heh:

LevelSeven 2016-08-04 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixth (Post 5914458)
Well, yeah, i meant copy boy. So he is just a paper tiger?

yeah, seems like that, i guess it is understandable, his power sucks if im honest,
he cant hold any power he uses for more than 5 minutes and even if he copies a quirk he doesnt have some magical 100% output and mastery over it so he pretty much cant be useful on one vs ones,
and surely he wont be useful in tournament-style like fights where he will eventually copy the enemys quirk out of necessity but lose due to lesser-mastery :eyespin:

this is the first time i think a copy-power is actually worse than the "one power" version :/

SoloPanda 2016-08-04 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon (Post 5914496)
The spoiler was straight up wrong about "Ochako realizes her uneasiness isn't due to love". That's exactly what it is, look at that panel. :heh:

More like she claimed that it isn't due to love while going all shoujo manga while staring at Deku.

marvelB 2016-08-04 15:28

I'm actually a little sad that copy boy didn't take the test with class A.... I would've loved to see that passive-aggressive douche get his ass handed to him (if not by Deku, than by Todoroki or even Bakugou). Oh well....

Anyway, that Inasa kid doesn't really seem like a bad guy, to be honest. He was even super-respectful towards the UA kids (to the point that he even smashed his head bowing to them, lol). Maybe he'll be an ally instead. Besides, I think it would be nice for Deku and co. to befriend kids from other hero schools. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon (Post 5914496)

While I personally also agree that Ochako looked more like she was in denial, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and stay open to the possibility that she may be experiencing some different complicated emotions, whatever they may be. But again, I don't disagree with you here. ;)

Random14 2016-08-04 15:56

Yeah, if anyone (in their class) pays close attention to Ochaka for 10 minutes, they'll realize she's fallen hard for Deku. From navel laser boy to now, they've been increasing the hints, huh? Well, there's some room for interpretation like she's just afraid about falling behind (with Deku always pushing forward and all), but the sparkly background doesn't help.

Ah, new rivals, huh? Too bad we didn't see more of class B, I was hoping to see how they had recovered after that villain attack.

And poor All Might, now he's really realizing what it means to be "retired". He's basically at helpless civilian level (maybe worse, considering his condition). He knew that was his fate after passing on OFA, but still, a hard thing to accept.

Should be interesting to see what kind of test they come up with. There will probably be a combat section, but probably a character test as well. Wonder how many improved techniques we'll see (there probably won't be time to see every character's new moves).

FlareKnight 2016-08-04 16:21

I'm somewhat surprised they've kept up the focus on Ochaco's feelings in the past few chapters. Thought it'd just be a brief shot to create a bit of shipping and then moving on to other things.

I'm sure there are multiple levels to it. May have some concerns about falling behind or admiration for Deku's forward focused attitude. But, there's no doubt at all that love is part of it. You don't freak out like she did about Deku and Hatsume if love isn't part of the equation. That's not about admiration or anything else. It maybe Love + Something, but it isn't Something and zero love interest.

I'm just curious where they are going with it. Will it be a fatal distraction during her efforts in the test? Will they actually break common habit and act on this attraction? Two people going down the same road getting involved doesn't have to be a distraction or negative on the manga.

Anyways, just curious at this point.

~Yami~ 2016-08-04 22:43

I won't let my Tsuyu's ship sank that easily...

probably people from other school would ridicule All Might since Yuuei could be accused for making All Might become weaker
let's see how they played out this

so the rivalry has been extended to other school.. Class B is not the rival anymore

Twi 2016-08-04 23:04

Them mocking All Might is the lowest hanging fruit. Virtually everyone aspiring to be a hero (including Stain) at one point or another likes him.

Sixth 2016-08-04 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 5914805)
I won't let my Tsuyu's ship sank that easily...

probably people from other school would ridicule All Might since Yuuei could be accused for making All Might become weaker
let's see how they played out this

so the rivalry has been extended to other school.. Class B is not the rival anymore

Pretty sure that class A never thought of class B as rival.:heh:

Wandering Soul 2016-08-05 00:09

It's slowing sinking into All Might that he is now the one that has to be protected. He knew this would happen, but it's still a hard pill to swallow.

B214 2016-08-05 00:23

Well All Might spend his entire life doing this and now it ends on him, i'm sure he'll face complication especially on how he feels. Hopefully he won't get too depressed over this.

LevelSeven 2016-08-05 01:13

How high are the chances that he will be used as damsel in distress?
Or: that he turns evil due to hunger for power?