AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Overlord [LN] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127729)

CheshireMoose 2014-12-14 12:37

What happened to the raw links on the first page? I never bookmarked them because Google translate was a pain but after reading some spoilers I really want to give it another shot.

ChuckE 2014-12-14 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by human6861 (Post 5370197)
The OP questions ...
i think rahuman should put this image on #1 in case people ask about the OP of Ainz :D

LOL

Pay to win :heh:

dandiehard 2014-12-14 14:00

hi need to ask why is the 8th floor off limites ??

TaintedDream 2014-12-14 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheshireMoose (Post 5370334)
What happened to the raw links on the first page? I never bookmarked them because Google translate was a pain but after reading some spoilers I really want to give it another shot.

Linking raws is a bannable offense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandiehard (Post 5370433)
hi need to ask why is the 8th floor off limites ??

Spoiler:

dandiehard 2014-12-14 15:13

Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler:

Namorax 2014-12-14 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mPervy (Post 5370004)
I thought Beta was 6 man team consisting of a wolf beast girl (considering the name Lupus). Or is it the 6 wolves could gattai into that lady like that Mouse Witch from Soul Eater? Wow, her creator must have very fond of Super Sentai series.

I never really got where the misunderstanding of Beta=6 people came from...
Was it some kind of missing ","?

Anyway, the "6 person team" is refering to the collective name of the battle maids, "Pleiades". Pleiades consists of 6 members (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Theta), and Beta is just one person (we know next to nothing about right now).

Xellos-_^ 2014-12-14 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandiehard (Post 5370500)
Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaintedDream (Post 5353423)
This is Victim.

this is Victim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namorax (Post 5370532)

Anyway, the "6 person team" is refering to the collective name of the battle maids, "Pleiades". Pleiades consists of 6 members (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Theta), and Beta is just one person (we know next to nothing about right now).

we can guess with a high degree of certainty that Lupus Reytina Beta is a werewolf.

Lupus is Latin for Wolf.

mPervy 2014-12-14 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namorax (Post 5370532)

Oh, so it's like that... Sorry, must have confused with the spoilers before. So the 6 man team was actually the pleiades it self.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 5370593)
this is Victim

we can guess with a high degree of certainty that Lupus Reytina Beta is a werewolf.

Lupus is Latin for Wolf.

That what I thought too. When there's a word Lupus, the first that come to my mind was wolf. because of HOMO HOMINI LUPUS, lol...

merpati 2014-12-14 20:05

ah... pleiades is not consisted of 7 member?

from wiki: In astronomy, the Pleiades or Seven Sisters (Messier 45 or M45).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades

Boccob 2014-12-14 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfeed (Post 5370227)
I think Ainz can even kill people with a glare... a kick is totally unnecessary.

Spoiler for Paying cash in game:

I'm pretty sure he said he bought a ring that increased his ring limit iirc. It may have been world class. But the point still stands.

He's probably a real money auction house sniper too. (Waits till the last second to undercut the highest bid)

You also can't forget the fact that he alone now owns more world class artifacts than most guilds combined.

There's probably no one person that defeat him PvP. His only concern is a concerted effort by entire kingdoms.

travelingbum 2014-12-14 22:39

man the super content changes that happened when WN > LN adaption lol

so that Enri side has some of its content moved into LN vol 2 and then gets new content in LN vol 8......
ugh the pace of the LN

though the WN goes back and forth.... it's still understandable

Jorna 2014-12-15 01:45

Can I ask in volume 7 they capture a girl that become Shalltear "sex toy" does this mean that Shalltear has given up on Ainz, and is now after going after different people?

xzpwnz 2014-12-15 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorna (Post 5371015)
Can I ask in volume 7 they capture a girl that become Shalltear "sex toy" does this mean that Shalltear has given up on Ainz, and is now after going after different people?

Nope, shalltear being a sadist is in her character settings

Lazaroth 2014-12-15 01:51

Shaltear are guardian for floor 1, 2, and 3 right?

That means she the weakest among another guardian floor right?

m4rc0s 2014-12-15 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazaroth (Post 5371020)
Shaltear are guardian for floor 1, 2, and 3 right?

That means she the weakest among another guardian floor right?

i believe that she is the strongest (against a large number of enemies), but is hard to judge the guardian's strenght, since they are made to do 1 x 1xx or more players , and since shalthear is in the first floor this means that she would fight a lot more players than the others guardians.
for me shaltear is the strongest in a battle against a lot of diferent enemies at the same time (we can judge that by her recovery skills and life-leech skills that recovery hp by attacking or killing mobs/player)
without a doubt she would be the best against a large number of enemies, but if you put her to fight cocytus, i think she would lose easy, since cocytus is not a "human" being and thus her life leech skills would not work like what happened against momon, and since cocytus is a better warrior than momon he would beat her good.

human6861 2014-12-15 03:03

Shalltear have brides and toys , but she want to be a bride .
Basically she want them , the toys belong to her but she want belong to Ainz .
It pretty unique way of love :D .

binhminh86 2014-12-15 03:33

all the raw on the web of vol 6-8 have been taken down or is it still there some where ??

travelingbum 2014-12-15 03:48

they are still there.... just cause of the common name it would be hard to find.

and vol 8 isn't even out yet.

nakie08 2014-12-15 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerzo (Post 5370263)
and what anime is that gif from?

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky OVA

Namorax 2014-12-15 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by merpati (Post 5370714)
ah... pleiades is not consisted of 7 member?

from wiki: In astronomy, the Pleiades or Seven Sisters (Messier 45 or M45).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades

If you REALLY want to get technical, then Sebastian also counts as a member of Pleiades. IIRC, then Yuri is just the vice-leader and Sebastian is their boss (because of his setting as head butler, who leads ALL the butlers/maids in Nazarick).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boccob (Post 5370721)
I'm pretty sure he said he bought a ring that increased his ring limit iirc. It may have been world class. But the point still stands.

He's probably a real money auction house sniper too. (Waits till the last second to undercut the highest bid)

You also can't forget the fact that he alone now owns more world class artifacts than most guilds combined.

There's probably no one person that defeat him PvP. His only concern is a concerted effort by entire kingdoms.

I think Ainz would contradict you on that count: he only "owns" the eleven legendary Items of AOG by virtue of being the only remaining member. They decided everything by voting, including who gets which legendary item. The rest of the time they are considered as something that belongs to the whole guild since they all worked together to get them in the first place. Most of the AOG members didn't get a legendary item, but the few that were distributed were given to those who could make the most use of it.
If you remember the scene where Albedo is introduced, you'll note that Ainz was surprised about Albedo having two legendary items when she was supposed to only have one (I assume it's the wand and the spiderweb necklace she wears).
Albedo's second legendary item is presumed to be the one that was originally given to Tabula Smaragdina, and it seems that she decided to "return" it to the guild by secretly handing it over to Albedo before quitting Yggdrasil.

Furthermore, if Ainz really owned all the legendary items in AOG, why didn't he equip/mention them when he decided to "dress up" for the final countdown? The only thing he took was the Staff of AOG, which he considers to be in the same class as a legendary item.
Instead all those items are stored securely inside the treasury.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4rc0s (Post 5371031)
i believe that she is the strongest (against a large number of enemies), but is hard to judge the guardian's strenght, since they are made to do 1 x 1xx or more players , and since shalthear is in the first floor this means that she would fight a lot more players than the others guardians.
for me shaltear is the strongest in a battle against a lot of diferent enemies at the same time (we can judge that by her recovery skills and life-leech skills that recovery hp by attacking or killing mobs/player)
without a doubt she would be the best against a large number of enemies, but if you put her to fight cocytus, i think she would lose easy, since cocytus is not a "human" being and thus her life leech skills would not work like what happened against momon, and since cocytus is a better warrior than momon he would beat her good.

We shouldn't forget that in Yggdrasil, most players hit the levelcap, and therefore it isn't so much a question of "Who's stronger?" but "Who can use his abilities better?"
I agree that Shalltear makes a pretty good crowd-control character. Beside her "main-class", she's also a necromancer who rules over three whole floors of catacombs. She probably has access to more then enough raw materials to create undead minions whenever she needs them. Add her "brides" into the mix and you get a pretty good stage for someone who's able to quickly take down an unsuspecting/distracted player, who's able to fight for a very extended period of time without resting (Undead=No Stamina=Never Running out of Breath, and she can recover health/mana with her class and/or her vampire abilities) and if she gets cornered she can call her minions to create a distraction OR to cover her escape.

(The following is just my personal assumption, I have nothing to really back it up except logic)
Spoiler for due to size:

TL;DR: Nazaricks Guardians aren't strong because of the number they have listed under their "Level" stat, they were designed in a very specific way and their environment is also used to further boost their individual combat prowess while draining potential invaders.

EDIT: I kinda like to imagine how a hero in shining armor etc (including his army) enters Nazarick and by the time he finally reaches the throne chamber, he doesn't look like the shining hero at all: his armor is dented, singed, scratched, mud-covered and the rest of his body probably didn't fare better.