AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kiba (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30526)

7thKeeper 2006-05-22 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by tempest3991
ohhhhhh wowwwwwwwwww

this is the first anime to EVER have a surprise twist in it that i've never even thought of or even ruled to be a possible idea.

AMAZING.......simply AMAZING.

I really hope that this show keeps the surprises coming and the action up, lets not have another failure of a series (BLEACH ughh).

Do we really have to wait another week for 9 now? :sad:

Same here. Now that I think about it, it sort of makes sense, but I did not see this coming for some reason. Makes me feel kinda odd actually. The series has so far kept me loving it so far that I can't help but to fear that it'll start to disappoint me down the road. I mean, the whole 52 episodes can't be this good? ... can it?

And I like the ED myself more. Wish I could find a full version, if one exists, somewhere.

On another note, I have a relative that studies/does work on creating costumes/suits for plays and such. I'm beginning to think if it was possible for him to take a commission from me to make a suit of Amil Gaul.

Spirit Chicken! 2006-05-22 18:48

This is by far probably my favorite of the new shows. Especially echoing everybody else on the twists.

Still, the op/ed are ok...but the real STAR of the show is the Background music/instrumentals. Freaking awesome and a nice stylistic change of pace from many other shows.

Scribble 2006-05-22 21:13

I didn't see the twist coming, but it became obvious when
Spoiler:
. I wish that they executed it like Soul Link's twist, where it was literally just sprung onto you. I prefer twists like that.

Orchunter226 2006-05-22 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble
I didn't see the twist coming, but it became obvious when
Spoiler:
. I wish that they executed it like Soul Link's twist, where it was literally just sprung onto you. I prefer twists like that.

None-the-less it was still done very well. Turning a character that everyone likes into a bad guy and creating empathy for a character every disliked. It takes a good story to be able to do that so quickly.

Dang that OP is hard to find, I don't think it has been released as a single. Nor can I find it anywhere else.

ModokiBunny 2006-05-22 23:52

June 7th, Tamaki Nami [SANCTUARY] Single. (Kiba op)

kimimaro_ninja 2006-05-23 01:45

well all i know about kiba is in naruto. lol

Blizzer 2006-05-23 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimimaro_ninja
well all i know about kiba is in naruto. lol

yeah theres a Kiba in Naruto but were talking about the anime Kiba.
I think Kiba means Fang but I don't have a clue why it's called Kiba,
anyone have any ideas?

Sonhex 2006-05-23 12:21

Allow me to quote myself...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonhex
However, I've also seen KIBA hyphenated as Ki-ba. Ki can mean 'spirit' and ba is 'field' (as in a energy field), it can also mean 'place' (location). So the title could be 'Spirit Field' or 'Spirit Place'. Both would fit the goings on in the show entirely but would be a pretty dull titles IMHO.

and also...

Quote:

I'm not so sure, the official site is hyphenated as www.ki-ba.com and the logo also splits the Romanji into 'Ki Ba' too...

I'm still not 100% sure though...

CaiSter21 2006-05-23 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModokiBunny
June 7th, Tamaki Nami [SANCTUARY] Single. (Kiba op)

YAY!! the single comes out on my birthday!!!:D
thats gonna make my day!
that and being done school for the year!

dalamar 2006-05-24 08:55

episode 8 was shock, but made sense if you pay close attention to the OP
Spoiler:

it's very nice to see all the 'players in play' (all the characters who we didn't know who/what they were in the OP).

Hopefully by the time my local anime convention rolls around (october-ish) theres a full OST for Ki-ba, cuz the background stuff is awesome as is the op/ed. ^_^

Blizzer 2006-05-24 08:57

@CaiSter
early congrats

Ive been wondering how Zed will get his spirit back, its obvious hes an inferior shard caster and swordsman than Dumas.

Hopefully we get to see Zed luckily turn back the tide of Jimoto soldiers, maybe thats why Dumas took his spirit before the invason as Zeds the only one with the potential to stop them?

with 52 episodes we will definitely see a romance ep between Zed and Roia
yeah!

Sonhex 2006-05-24 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzer

Ive been wondering how Zed will get his spirit back, its obvious hes an inferior shard caster and swordsman than Dumas.

Something tells me that Amil Gaul will only obey Zed, or cannot be used against him. Dumas is certinaly the better warrior, but if Zed defeats him (with Miki's help perhaps?) he'll get the spirit back...

ModokiBunny 2006-05-25 02:01

Hyu looks pretty cool. judging from his spirit in the opening theme, it looks like a big time challenge for Amil Gaul. I tried a crappy quick photoshop job of hyu without his red scarf around his mouth. :heh:

Blizzer 2006-05-25 03:29

Quote:

Something tells me that Amil Gaul will only obey Zed, or cannot be used against him. Dumas is certinaly the better warrior, but if Zed defeats him (with Miki's help perhaps?) he'll get the spirit back...

with Miki's help :heh:
the only way I see Miki helping is by making Dumas feel guilty about it and Zed gets an opening to attack.

striderm 2006-05-25 13:44

Though I reeaaaally wanna see the spirit near the end of the ending song, the one with a fucking spike coming out of its eye socket. ;)

Manjiru 2006-05-26 23:55

Kiba meaning

The Kiba character in the logo of the title of the show means Fang or Tusk, as in Tusker, one of the factions that Zed will fight.

abazou 2006-05-27 07:09

Any idea where i can find the ending or openning music?

ModokiBunny 2006-05-27 16:35

read my previous post. Not out yet.

Sonhex 2006-05-28 14:25

Ep 9 saw the plot move a long a blistering pace...

Spoiler:

Sazelyt 2006-05-28 15:02

The female soldier trying to save Jimoto's princess looks a lot like Zed's mother from the other world (male with a wig) - hope I remember her correctly. Considering princess's reaction when she saw Zed's spirit, maybe Zed is born to be a Jimoto citizen or legend originally - or he was teleported from Jimoto to his previous world.