AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Boku no Hero Academia (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127096)

FlareKnight 2015-02-01 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobita (Post 5423988)
That was a lame ship. Tsuyu deserves better man. Heck, even Ka-chan is better choice here. Hope the writer knew that.

Mineta? I think this guys probably were from a rich family and his parents bribed HARD the organization to let their child enter CLASS A, otherwise, this doesn't make sense at all for him to enter the CLASS A with a quirk that offers 0 damage.

Yeah, I think you have to presume some bribery was involved. Either that or when creating all the quirks for the classmates the author completely forgot about the entrance exam :heh:.

ellifeedn 2015-02-01 13:17

Was he even at the entrance exam?

Slayerx 2015-02-01 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by coded321 (Post 5423750)
One big question that i have about this manga is, how the heck did mineta ever get into A-class in the first place?:twitch:

That is a very valid question... The problem is not just his quirk but his mentality. His quirk has no offensive damage which would make it hard to utilize during the exam, but he is also cowardly and lacks self-confidence. He does have a decent head on his shoulders, but his lack of confidence and his cowardous would most likely prevent him from doing anything useful with his quirk during the exam. If he were smarter and more confident himself then i could believe him finding a way to use his quirk during the exam, but not as he currently is

granted, if you could score points by just immobilizing a villain bot, then he may have just thrown a bunch of sticky balls and got them stuck in place... it actually wouldn't be that hard for him to d

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 5423944)
OH God...I hope not. I like him, he's a very funny character...but come on, it's Tsuyu, she deserves better D:

Agreed. Not only does Tsuyu deserve better, but Mineta is at his most hilarious when he's harassing sexy girls
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...the_genius.png
Heck, i'd ship him with Momo just for the shear hilarity of it all.

Breimoon 2015-02-01 14:07

well, when he uses them they can bounce so he could have just bounced all over the place saving the dolls.

marvelB 2015-02-01 14:24

Geez, I think you guys are being a little too harsh on poor Mineta. :( Sure, he's a skirt-chaser and a bit cowardly, but the guy tries his best, too! Though as far as his passing the entrance exam goes, I'm more inclined to agree with Slayerx that he could've gotten points for immobilizing those robots rather than outright destroying them. But personally, I was always more curious about his performance during the trial of battle (where, incidentally, he was also teamed up with Momo at the time)....

Though I also gotta say that I don't see him and Tsuyu advancing beyond the friendship/comrade stage either, lol. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breimoon (Post 5424729)
well, when he uses them they can bounce so he could have just bounced all over the place saving the dolls.

Uh, can we be even be sure that super-sticky balls can even bounce!? :heh:

Breimoon 2015-02-01 14:32

It is confirmed by the manga itself that they bounce when used by Mineta himself. He got infinite points on sidejumping that way (he put them on and was just bouncing left and right without stop). So yeah, we can be sure they can bounce.

homohominilupus 2015-02-01 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 5424713)

Okay,about this pic,how did he stick himself to Momo if he said that his quirk just bounces off if he uses it on himself?
But anyway,you can't say that he doesn't have plenty of balls:D

Slayerx 2015-02-01 15:53

Random thoughts...
There is just something i find so adorable about invisible girl when she's going after Deku. I love Gadget Girl and i do rather hope she sticks around. How did mineta lose his headband? his plan seemed perfect. All Might as a rider with the other teachers as his horse? Hilarious. Y'know i really can seem to find something loveable about so many of these characters

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5424748)
But personally, I was always more curious about his performance during the trial of battle (where, incidentally, he was also teamed up with Momo at the time)....

Well Momo is a genius so she could make good use of him.
Battle trial is a place where he could shine. His quirk actually is really good for hero work; namely the part about capturing villians. He could capture the "villian" team by nailing them with a couple of balls, or if he was on the villian side, he could set up traps; if the heroes aren't careful about where they step they'll find themselves immobilized.

Quote:

Uh, can we be even be sure that super-sticky balls can even bounce!? :heh:
They bounce off of him. They stick to any surface except himself

Quote:

Originally Posted by homohominilupus (Post 5424766)
Okay,about this pic,how did he stick himself to Momo if he said that his quirk just bounces off if he uses it on himself?
But anyway,you can't say that he doesn't have plenty of balls:D

Well, while he might be immune to their stickiness the same might not be said for his clothing. As such his shoes, pants and shirt are stuck to her butt, and hold him in place

Though that does bring up one other plot hole... namely the fact that his hero costume includes gloves which should not be immune to his stickiness. He should be barehanded. I guess they could say that their are certain materials not effected by his stickiness and thus his gloves could be made from that material. Explanation needed

Kenju of the Right 2015-02-01 16:34

Momo is the kind of perfect woman dat don't need no man
and if she did, I'd probably hate the guy out of jealousy

marvelB 2015-02-02 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breimoon (Post 5424756)
It is confirmed by the manga itself that they bounce when used by Mineta himself. He got infinite points on sidejumping that way (he put them on and was just bouncing left and right without stop). So yeah, we can be sure they can bounce.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 5424827)
They bounce off of him. They stick to any surface except himself

Ah, I had already forgotten about that and checked back for myself. Thanks for the reminder, guys. ;) And upon further consideration, the fact that he can bounce himself off those balls could make for a rather effective defensive maneuver if he plays his cards right. Rather makes me look forward to how well he'll handle himself in future battles against villains....

And speaking of villains, I still wouldn't overlook the possibility of any of them crashing the sports festival. Not necessarily people from Shigaraki's gang (it looked like he was watching the event on TV anyway), but.... well, let's say that I'm still expecting there to be a traitor on the heroes' side.....

Sixth 2015-02-03 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayf82 (Post 5424603)
does thta mean his mom is a ice girl?
he remained me of Flazzard:heh:

Same here. Flazzard was pretty OP during that time. :heh::heh:

Darius Drake 2015-02-03 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by coded321 (Post 5423750)
One big question that i have about this manga is, how the heck did mineta ever get into A-class in the first place?:twitch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 5424713)
That is a very valid question... The problem is not just his quirk but his mentality. His quirk has no offensive damage which would make it hard to utilize during the exam, but he is also cowardly and lacks self-confidence. He does have a decent head on his shoulders, but his lack of confidence and his cowardous would most likely prevent him from doing anything useful with his quirk during the exam. If he were smarter and more confident himself then i could believe him finding a way to use his quirk during the exam, but not as he currently is

granted, if you could score points by just immobilizing a villain bot, then he may have just thrown a bunch of sticky balls and got them stuck in place... it actually wouldn't be that hard for him to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5424748)
Geez, I think you guys are being a little too harsh on poor Mineta. :( Sure, he's a skirt-chaser and a bit cowardly, but the guy tries his best, too! Though as far as his passing the entrance exam goes, I'm more inclined to agree with Slayerx that he could've gotten points for immobilizing those robots rather than outright destroying them. But personally, I was always more curious about his performance during the trial of battle (where, incidentally, he was also teamed up with Momo at the time)....

I'm thinking something similar, though fundamentally different. I suspect that, upon being stuck to the ground, the robot's didn't notice and ended up breaking their legs/limbs, thus "destroying" them.

Edit: That is to say, because the test robot's are non-sentient and have no sense of touch, they don't know or understand that their foot's stuck to the ground and end up breaking their own limb at a joint trying to move it. This will cause them to fall onto the ground at a considerable force, probably breaking them.

Ken Sanders 2015-02-05 12:47

Spoiler for Raw 29:

marvelB 2015-02-05 13:19

Spoiler for 29:

Heat066 2015-02-05 22:03

Spoiler for 29:

Sixth 2015-02-06 00:34

Spoiler for Comments for 29:

Blankdom 2015-02-06 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5428933)
Spoiler for 29:

Spoiler for Not really, just commenting:

R.LocK 2015-02-06 07:16

Wait for Fallen Angels.

Breimoon 2015-02-06 08:39

Vomic streaming is out by the way, just look on official website.

ellifeedn 2015-02-06 12:46

Spoiler: