AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (Season 2) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106667)

Xenio 2011-10-22 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu (Post 3818892)
What the hell? English? And it actually sounds pretty good. Since when can Japanese voice actors speak English. :heh:

YES, WE CAN!!!

Undertaker 2011-10-24 04:19

Well, Obama should be proud that at the very least, his catch-phrase has become an international butt-joke for all to use!!!:D

Ithekro 2011-10-24 05:06

I think the first time we got it was in Index with "President Kuroko".

Undertaker 2011-10-24 06:22

That not even including parody from actual Japanese comedians, and as far as I know, it's became a often used joke phrase in other East Asian countries as well...

Kyouka 2011-10-25 14:37

not sure if someone posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcdl5OE_W-8

Soconfused 2011-10-25 17:24

like everyone has said, that was some fantastic english. I'm assuming they used a different VA for english Cindy?

Tacoshuriken 2011-10-25 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soconfused (Post 3824939)
like everyone has said, that was some fantastic english. I'm assuming they used a different VA for english Cindy?

It would have to have been, the voice was so different going into english it was either a different person or the best VA in the world.
Also: "I have invaded english ~De Geso" made me laugh the most, caught me off guard.

Undertaker 2011-10-25 21:52

Yes, if you look at the credit, there are 2 "Cindy" being credited. A Katakana spelled "Cindy" with regular VA Hitomi Nabatame and an English spelled "Cindy" with Ema Kokubun, who no one seems to know who she is, and is assumed not an actual VA.

Peanutbutter 2011-10-25 22:24

Drats, a week without squid. :(

Soconfused 2011-10-25 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertaker (Post 3825310)
Yes, if you look at the credit, there are 2 "Cindy" being credited. A Katakana spelled "Cindy" with regular VA Hitomi Nabatame and an English spelled "Cindy" with Ema Kokubun, who no one seems to know who she is, and is assumed not an actual VA.

From her incredible VA skills I'm gonna assume it was some random white women walking passed the building the day they were doing the voice work. "Surely she must know english!" they all thought, and lo, she did....

lathif 2011-10-25 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanutbutter (Post 3825352)
Drats, a week without squid. :(

did you mean there's no ika this week :(
why?:((

Ithekro 2011-10-25 23:59

One of the TV stations is a week or so ahead of the other stations, so it it pausing to let the others catch up.

Or at least that is what I recall.

Nerroth 2011-10-26 00:02

I only recently noticed that Ayumi's dad is voiced by Rikiya Koyama; who also voices Emiya Kiritsugu, a guy with a connection to another character voiced by Kawasumi Ayako this season.

(Probably shouldn't encourage him in terms of costume ideas, though.)

Echoes 2011-10-26 01:51

While this entire episode was just amazingly awesome and something I want playing at my funeral, my favorite line was:

"You are O-BA-KA!"

So damn funny. I don't know how they come up with this stuff.

Ravenblitz 2011-10-29 21:07

no squid >_<

Spoiler for Nyantype:

Midonin 2011-10-31 14:19

Ika With a Question Mark 05 - When You Wish Upon a Star, Don't Try to Cheat the System

The first segment was middle of the road, all things considered. It was the most heartfelt of the three, but the final punchline raised it quite a bit. Takeru lost a car, but he got Machalcon in return. Looking at it, all that came to mind was "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need... roads." Now that the idea of an RC Ika has been planted in consumers' minds, I'm just waiting for one to be released.

The second segment was the best, by far. Wishes are a great way to look into the minds of the characters, and some of the revelations were expected, and some weren't quite as so. Kiyomi wants a bigger rack, who knew? Once again, the final punchline brought it all together.

The third segment with Ika and Antaro was pretty cute itself (lots of friends to bugs lately), but the title. Oh god, the title. Sure, it was about playing by yourself, but the euphemism is bubbling just beneath the surface, and with all those tentacles, Ika had to have... just let the doujins fill in the rest of this sentence.

Another break next week, but this was a lot of fun. Oh, and Happy Halloween!

ars89 2011-10-31 19:57

Poor Takeru, at least Ika tried to make up for it and was really sorry. Lol the three stooges made it able to transform and fly. Lol Ika said she agreed with Sanae's wish about being like the people in the story so she would only have to see her one time in a year. Liked Ika's wish at the end. They should have just asked Eiko in the beginning instead of playing by themselves.

Peanutbutter 2011-10-31 20:59

Nice to see the RC-Car used by mini-Ika in action. :heh:

Master_Yoma 2011-10-31 22:02

Anther anime that has Tanabata I like how they explain it Sanae running after Ika

Guardian Enzo 2011-10-31 23:24

If you just go by schoolboys, Ika's invasion is already a success. She's totally won over that crowd.