AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nodame Cantabile (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35583)

Trax 2007-01-30 20:20

Starting to suffer from withdrawal symptoms here... Rewatching the first 2 eps is reaching its limits, I need my Nodame Cantabile fix, fast! :D

orion 2007-01-30 22:55

I was twitiching yesterday. :D Try watching Otogi Jushi Akazukin to pass the time. It's fun! :heh:

NaweG 2007-01-31 09:22

Actually I just started watching the Aria series which has some of that nice, slow slice of life feeling to it also. Though I've also had to add Canvas 2 to my list due to a discussion going on in the Tokimeki Memorial topic.

Lets see, then I'm also waiting on the final sub for Asatte, the next sub of Kanon 2006, the next sub of Nana, and of course the next episode of this one.

As I've said elsewhere, I sometimes wonder why I bother trying to have a life outside of anime :D

Anacone 2007-01-31 16:48

Masumi was bit too gay for my taste :rolleyes:. Maybe that's sign that I'm not gay :heh:.
So much to follow so it's not first in my list to watch. Though Nodame herself is quite interesting person.

aliensporebomb 2007-01-31 23:32

So when does this show air in Japan - I'm really curious if it's occupying the slot
where Honey and Clover formerly resided or is it airing at a more sane hour?

Omniscient 2007-01-31 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliensporebomb (Post 818426)
So when does this show air in Japan - I'm really curious if it's occupying the slot
where Honey and Clover formerly resided or is it airing at a more sane hour?

It's airing in the Noitamina slot on Fuji TV, which is the same time slot H&C and H&C II aired: Thursday nights at 24:45 JST (aka. Friday morning at 12:45AM JST).

Asai 2007-02-01 06:59

Ahh, Masumi-chan is amusing. And my prediction is coming true. Very impressed with the story so far. Also pleased to hear the piece of music I liked in ep2 re-used in ep3, as it means it's more likely to make it on to an OST if it's not a once-off. =p

dxgarten 2007-02-01 16:27

Episode 04 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:

Trax 2007-02-01 20:33

Argh you're getting a head start on me and my fellow subwatchers! :D

Just curious, are there any of those still images in episode 3 (thought Masumi might have one here) & 4 like those in my current signature? I suppose it will be a while before there is one with Chiaki conducting, that would go the best with the Nodame still image. For now, mr. Viera will have to do. ;)

dxgarten 2007-02-01 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trax (Post 819564)
Argh you're getting a head start on me and my fellow subwatchers! :D

Just curious, are there any of those still images in episode 3 (thought Masumi might have one here) & 4 like those in my current signature? I suppose it will be a while before there is one with Chiaki conducting, that would go the best with the Nodame still image. For now, mr. Viera will have to do. ;)

Unfortunately I am not sure if Mine or Masumi ever gets one of the images you have on your signature. IIRC, they haven't got one yet.

Lunacy 2007-02-02 07:30

Episode 4 was a blast, just like the last one. I am truly glad to see Milch the way he was presented in the manga; I couldn't stand the way he was presented in the drama, with a fake wig and all - although, I did like his accent (I think Milch's accent is good in the anime, too). All I can say is Chiaki is in for a great time with him around, and for us, the viewers as well.

Its getting so close to one of my favorite Nodame moments: since I can't spoil it, all I will say is "pianica". Gyabo! I can't wait.

PS - Ayako Kawasumi's fake accent was so cute in episode 4.

Srin Tuar 2007-02-02 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacy (Post 820013)
Episode 4 was a blast, just like the last one. I am truly glad to see Milch the way he was presented in the manga; I couldn't stand the way he was presented in the drama, with a fake wig and all - although, I did like his accent (I think Milch's accent is good in the anime, too). All I can say is Chiaki is in for a great time with him around, and for us, the viewers as well.

Its getting so close to one of my favorite Nodame moments: since I can't spoil it, all I will say is "pianica". Gyabo! I can't wait.

PS - Ayako Kawasumi's fake accent was so cute in episode 4.

I wonder, did the drama version use a foreign actor? (somehow i doubt it but...)

The voice actor doing him in the anime was probably native Japanese, but I have to agree it was one of the best fake foreigner accents Ive ever heard in a show. (most are simply so grating an unforeign as to be intorlerable)
Spoiler:

Lunacy 2007-02-02 08:31

The actor who played Milch in the drama is Naoto Takenaka. His accent was really good in Nodame that I would have questioned the same thing if I hadn't seen him in Water Boys. :p

As for the voice actor playing Milch in the anime, Im not too familiar with him.

Deathkillz 2007-02-02 11:26

ep 4 was just LOL ~
Spoiler:

orion 2007-02-03 11:30

I was wondering...

Spoiler:

Trax 2007-02-03 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dxgarten (Post 819667)
Unfortunately I am not sure if Mine or Masumi ever gets one of the images you have on your signature. IIRC, they haven't got one yet.

Mine already has one (in ep2 along with Nodame's), so I was kinda expecting these to become a trend, where all relevant musicians (and Chiaki conducting like Viera) get shown in this fashion at some point. But not for now I guess, perhaps Masumi and others will get portrayed like that later on.

Shiroth 2007-02-03 16:50

I'm not happy at all that the Kotatsu chapter was completely missed from the series. It could be that they'll add it later on in the future, or add it to a DVD (just so you know, the chapter did appear in the TV drama). Its true that it doesn't move forward to the plot of the story - though i believe its the chapter with the best laughs, so i would have loved to have seen it animated.

Ah well, episode 04 was still pretty awesome. Strezemann was fun, and he's still my hero (well, most of the characters are from this series :3).

Asai 2007-02-04 01:15

And... episode 3 is out (subbed!) bit of a delay but it's worth it for this show. <3 As I already said a few days ago, it's a good ep. The story is progressing nicely. Though it is a little different to the drama (which I have recently started watching.) I think the anime is better in some regards.

Deathkillz 2007-02-04 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 821339)
I was wondering...

Spoiler:

naw im sure they would have more decency to make him back off before totally making him into someone who i want to kill ;)

Trax 2007-02-04 16:49

Salvation at last! Episode 3 was alot of fun again, although personally I didn't care too much for Masumi's mannerisms. One of my favorite moments this time was when Nodame proclaimed she can't promise that she won't steal another meat bun, hilarious! "No-dummy" was pretty good too. :heh: