AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   World Of Warcraft Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52267)

faustianideals 2008-01-02 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 1324163)
No, it'd be an army of adventurers and some hero(es).

I'm just wondering who the hell has the brass ones to actually go toe to toe with Arthas/Lich King aside from Illidan who may or may not be dead as of TBC.

It seems all the other story characters connected to Arthas are sitting around in their towns. Jaina in Theramore, Sylvanas in the Undercity...

Er, it's been said that Sylvanas will move to Northrend, and I'm not sure what's going on with Jaina, but she'll obviously be involved too.

StarTouch 2008-01-02 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 1324163)
Illidan who may or may not be dead as of TBC.

Unless Blizzard pulls out some stupidly ridiculous over-the-top plot armor and revives Illidan...

Nah, he'll remain as a corpse.

Demongod86 2008-01-02 23:12

Plot armor? Oh please...as Arthas said...

"Doesn't anybody around here stay dead anymore?!"

StarTouch 2008-01-03 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 1325041)
Plot armor? Oh please...as Arthas said...

"Doesn't anybody around here stay dead anymore?!"

It may just be me but seeing him being executed by Maiev 3 weeks ago pretty much sealed his fate in WoW lore.

Jaden 2008-01-03 05:50

Naxrramas revived in Northrend is a good thing gameplay-wise but a little suspicious lore-wise...Kel'Thuzad was supposed to watch over Lordaeron, would Arthas allow him to run off?

krisslanza 2008-01-03 15:49

Well... Kel'Thuzad isn't dead. So I bet you'll face a stronger version of him in the new Naxx maybe. And maybe he's running off because he has all these adventurers coming to his doorstep? I know I'd need someone to carry off the corpses :heh:

RWBladewing 2008-01-03 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarTouch (Post 1325217)
It may just be me but seeing him being executed by Maiev 3 weeks ago pretty much sealed his fate in WoW lore.

The only thing worse than Illidan being killed by "Lleggolas" is him being killed by such a horrible one-dimensional character as Maiev. They should have just let the players finish him off.

StarTouch 2008-01-03 19:08

I personally never was a fan of Maiev but the real disappointment for me was how anti-climatic Illidan bit the dust.

When we saw Illidan on all fours before Maiev, we were all like "uh...that's it? ok". There weren't any joyous screams of victory on Ventrilo unlike when we first beat Lady Vashj or Kael'thas (pre-nerfed). Make no mistake, Illidan is truly an epic fight (heck, there were different musical scores during the fight :heh:) but the manner in which he entered his death sequence / speech just left us standing like clueless fools looking at each other and asking "is it over? did we win?".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Well, I have personally never fought Kel'thuzad yet (current guild only established itself in TBC) but we're planning to revisit Naxxramas for happy fun times. Besides, I <3 Kel'thuzad and would be cool to just see the encounter (even if we will steamroll him at our level and gear).

RWBladewing 2008-01-03 20:25

I'll take your word for it, Void Reaver is the highest I'll ever see in TBC.:heh: The most epic fight I have actually done would have to be C'thun. So much going on and everyone had a job to do. Would have felt more epic if I didn't spend half the time thinking "how did you idiots get killed by the red beam AGAIN?!" though. The one time I tried Lurker Below brought back horrible memories of that.

StarTouch 2008-01-03 20:51

C'thun was an awesome fight, no doubt. Truly unique in every sense and I have to say, it was fun calling out the numbskulls who died to the dark glare (or red beam) on Ventrilo and hearing their lame excuses. Ahh...the good old days... xD

RWBladewing 2008-01-03 22:23

Yeah our raid leader was kind of a jerk, he'd try to make people send him tells as to why they died but instead of telling them how to improve he just screamed at them; his attitude was the main reason I eventually left that guild, despite the fact that he never actually said anything to me specifically. Was not a fun atmosphere and I was tired of seeing my "friends" insulted. The people who died on every dark glare or repeatedly chained the beam onto me because they were supposed to be standing on the other side of the room deserved it, but many others didn't.

Speaking of C'thun and the storyline, I doubt he is actually dead. A quest in Shadowmoon shows that the arrakoa appear to be trying to summon him there. This may just be a different "forgotten one" but I believe it was speculated that all of those were just separate "pieces" of him; thus even if the one in AQ is really "dead" that may have just been part of him. Not to mention the whole background story with him supposedly being killed against a titan but actually only being seriously injured, that sets a precedent.

StarTouch 2008-01-04 06:52

Yea, C'thun was quite a guild-breaker back then (caused a split for my old guild). Lots of tension and people just weren't motivated to attempt him. My ex-guild was stuck on C'thun for about two months because we had to go on a mass recruiting drive to replace the raiders who "suddenly went M.I.A". I wasn't too surprised when people started returning when C'thun went down and soon became farm status.

Some of the best loots in pre-TBC, a great unique encounter with retard checks...C'thun ranks up there on my list of favourite bosses. Though, I'd hate to fight the first incarnation of C'thun which had a freakish phase 2 (pretty much everything had double hp and tentacles spawned considerably faster). >_>

It's a shame that AQ40 was pretty dull pre-Twin Emperors (well...Viscidus was kinda cool with him shattering into many little blobs) and the loot was lackluster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been thinking lately that Blizz should do away with attunements for raid dungeons. Instead, slap in some tough boss(es) at the beginning like BWL. Let people zone in and drool around for about 5 minutes before getting their faces beaten in. Razorgore and Vaelastrasz were two awesome "gatekeeper" bosses that pretty much checked if you were "qualified" to be in the dungeon (which pretty much is the same aim as attunements). You could do Razorgore with blues and some epics but you definitely need a solid strategy (and kiting) to pull it off. Vael was pretty much the raid check to see if you have the gear and proper expertise to tackle the other bosses (tank switches, very sensitive aggro, a race against burning adrenalines). Naxxramas had a pretty easy attunement and some "raid-check" bosses thrown in as well (Patchwerk and Noth were fairly difficult for starter bosses of their respective wings, though the crypt lord boss and Instructor Razuvious were push-overs for the most part).

This way, everyone gets to zone in to the end-game dungeon (of the moment) but "raid-check" bosses would separate the "qualified" and those who aren't.

RWBladewing 2008-01-04 17:19

Yeah, while not something that will ever affect me I can see why people hate the attunement for Hyjal/BT. Having to re-run old content just to attune one new person seems like it'd cause all sorts of frustration, especially with how annoying people say Kael'Thas is.

Quote:

though the crypt lord boss and Instructor Razuvious were push-overs for the most part
Hahahaha, if only you could have seen what Razuvious was like for my guild. Our priest core was composed mainly of girls who were terrible players but flirted with the officers to get free epics and raid spots (not trying to stereotype female players, this really was the case with these people). They were bad enough at healing but when it came time to do something unconventional like MC'ing and tanking they just fell totally flat. We even had to have a rogue log onto one of their accounts and play the priest because they were just so terrible at it. One day I think we wiped for 5 hours and went through multiple repair bots. That moment more than any other made me glad I was a hunter.

StarTouch 2008-01-04 20:06

Ouchies, that reminded me of an ex-officer (not a normal raider though) who pretty much slept around with the male officers to get her way and say in various matters. I never liked her and getting on her bad side would pretty much mean you're out of the raiding roster, permanently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Well, on the bright side of things, Sunwell won't have any attunements and the dailies limit is being pushed to 25 to accomodate the opening event of Sunwell. More rep = more bosses (in the 25-man dungeon wing) and the "non-raiders" can enjoy more gold from dailies + kill a weakened Kael'thas to satisfy their thirst for lore.

RWBladewing 2008-01-04 21:22

Speaking of Sunwell, I find it really funny that one of the bosses there is supposedly Kalecgos. That guy just can't catch a break. In the less than stellar manga series he was defeated by just about every enemy he encountered including the lv 20 mob that lowbie bloodelves have to kill for the final Ghostlands quest. And now he gets enslaved by Kil'jaeden and smacked around by players for epix. Pathetic.:heh:

Demongod86 2008-01-04 23:09

Wow.

SELLOUTS.

SELLOUTS.

Even Kalecgos!? Is no character's dignity safe from blizzard's "let's make them a raid boss!" rampant character destruction? Kael, Vashj, ILLIDAN (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, WHY ILLIDAN?!), and now KALEC?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

This is why I have given up on the warcraft universe. Blizzard will no longer create another character in the warcraft universe--just another raid boss.

RWBladewing 2008-01-05 00:12

Hey, at least Tyri and Jared Mace are friendly unattackable NPCs in Netherstorm. Though maybe they'll also "go insane" and become raid bosses some day too.:heh:

I still find the fight against Illidan to not make much sense. It's like: "How dare he establish a base of power in Outland after he was chased out of Azeroth by people he saved! How dare he take control of the Black Temple from those friendly innocent demons that had previously owned it! And now he is building an army to fight against the Burning Legion? Well, any enemy of the Burning Legion is an enemy of the Alliance and Horde. Wow, what a jerk."

Yeah, he was enslaving Broken and was making some hippies angry by draining water out of lakes, but to label him as the biggest threat really seems like stretching the lore of the sake of giving people shiny new purples.

Demongod86 2008-01-05 00:40

I never understood why people went against Illidan...yes, he wasn't your average friendly neighborhood demon hunter, but was he really a menace against the general populace? I say plot-armor him and make him take down Arthas...and remove those ugly-ass horns and hoof-shoes -_-...cuz I highly doubt Sylvanas and Jaina even combined can scratch Arthas -_-...

RWBladewing 2008-01-05 16:38

That would have to be some pretty amazing plot armor since he is very clearly dead. Having him come back now would even be beyond the level of a certain Gundam Seed Destiny character revival that everyone seemed to hate.

On another note, what server do/did you all play on? I've played on Stormscale US for almost all of my time. Started as Alliance but then got a second account and started playing Horde, which I play exclusively now (most of my old friends quit and the alliance population outside of the major raiding guilds is a bunch of idiots).

krisslanza 2008-01-05 18:48

As I believe I've heard on the official forums sometimes... Lore takes a backseat in the game. It's gameplay and stuff first THEN the lore.

I mean, once Arthas is killed... Who is really stronger then him? Nothing on Azeroth that is for sure.
Well. Besides Elune. But if she's is killable, the game is really doomed.