AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Bakemonogatari generic discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=65733)

Azuma Denton 2011-12-06 09:11

Well, if they animate until Koimonogatari, maybe we'll get 50 episode... :heh:
For now, i'll settle for 13 episode as long as they avoided the legendary eps 10... :p

Ka-el 2018-11-28 02:07

Oh Great! is making the manga version.

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-02 11:50

Is there a recommended order to watch the franchise? Bake ended with a lot of potential to watch the prequel rather than the opening

Kanon 2023-10-02 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6559316)
Is there a recommended order to watch the franchise? Bake ended with a lot of potential to watch the prequel rather than the opening

Kizumonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari Black -> Monogatari series: second season -> Hanamonogatari -> Tsukimonogatari ->Koyomimonogatari -> Owarimonogatari -> Zoku Owarimonogatari.

It's such a shame the anime seems to have been completely abandoned. One of my favorite franchise of all time.

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-03 06:19

Honestly, I'm scared to check Nise after hearing of the toothbrush

relentlessflame 2023-10-05 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6559362)
It's such a shame the anime seems to have been completely abandoned. One of my favorite franchise of all time.

Honestly, until now I had thought the series had concluded, because the whole arc was very heavily pitched as the finale. (Even the novel was sold as a "Final Season" set.) Shows how much I knew -- there's been 11 more novels since with a 12th to come. :heh:

Besides the anime, I wonder if someone will license and translate the rest of the novels? The titles sound interesting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6559543)
Honestly, I'm scared to check Nise after hearing of the toothbrush

I feel like you have to watch it just to appreciate the sheer absurdity of taking a concept to max possible extreme. The presentation, music, and everything is just so unbelievably over the top that it's both very uncomfortable to watch and also absolutely hilarious. It's one of those "that actually happened" anime hall of fame moments for me, along with (for example) the fact that each episode of Endless Eight was individually, separately animated and not just repeated. When someone asks "why?" and the answer is "because we can." :heh:

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-10 09:06

Watched Nekomonogatari. For a second I thought it was a reboot or something due to Araragi's puberty stage. Still, I know the guy is a vampire but he goes through a lot of pain in every single fight.

Nachtwandler 2023-10-10 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6559362)
Kizumonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari Black -> Monogatari series: second season -> Hanamonogatari -> Tsukimonogatari ->Koyomimonogatari -> Owarimonogatari -> Zoku Owarimonogatari.

Apparently, Shaft was working on the next arc but it is in the production hell for a few years already.

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-17 06:29

Finished season 2. The middleagedman got killed just out of nowhere

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-23 07:07

The order of stories is killing me. I have no idea if Senjougahara might kill Araragi since some episodes have the latter infatuated a lot Hinekawa which leads to the revelation of a prequel or even that time he kisses Shinobu; Shinobu even had the weirdest reaction ever

"Are you Italian?"

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-24 06:52

Finished Koyomimonogatari. What the heck was that sword scene? :twitch: Moving to Owarimonogatari.

Gotta say if it weren't for the length Owarimonogatari would be the perfect sequel for focusing more Araragi's psycology so much rather than movie around the past and future so much. Then again if Araragi was the one cheating in that Math exam was the twist I wouldn't be surprised. Early arcs had the protagonist claiming his skills at school decayed a lot to the point his parents appeared to have problems with him. At least, with Senjougahara things improved despite the yandere overtones

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-26 06:32

Owarimonogatari is ridiculously long. 21 episodes for real and then there is another with a similar name?

Still, I haven't watched any movies.

Dextro 2023-10-26 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6561820)
Owarimonogatari is ridiculously long. 21 episodes for real and then there is another with a similar name?

Still, I haven't watched any movies.

I think the Kizumonogatari movies would be helpful if you're going into Owarimonogatari already (though, in practice, the first Kizu movie came out after Owari part 1 if I remember right).

Kanon 2023-10-26 18:04

Kizumonogatari is mandatory, not to mention one of the best part of the franchise.

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-30 06:37

Started Kizu. I don't know who directed it or what was the budget but it's insane the atmosphere and facial reactions they gave to the story. Araragi's voice actor might lost his voice after so many yellings to the point I wondered what happened to the comedy.

Mad Pierrot 2023-10-31 06:23

And finished Kizumonogatari. I had no idea Shaft could do such amazing visuals and mix it with a lot of horror

Mad Pierrot 2023-11-06 07:59

So Kizumonogatari is gonna be given a director's cut next year. I wonder if Shaft is able to improve the sakuga animation even more