AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   High School DxD [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 16 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122440)

Swordstriker21 2013-10-21 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by II Maestro (Post 4878987)
Wow thank you for the spoilers n0m@n.

Great-Red acting as a barrier between Chichigamis-sama's world. No wonder Great-Red like the zoom zoom iyaan~! so Great-Red know the goddess who rules over oppai.

It would be quite funny if they really knew each other and are actually great friends. I can just picture Ddraig and Albions reactions if say GR reveals that he was always a fan of oppai and shiri and perverted dragons like Fafnir are actually model dragons lol:D Anyway this volume brings up the Chichigami again. I wonder how he/she ranks in power compared to the other gods? I must say I'm happy w/ the way Issei is developing right now power wise. I personally would like more tech moves instead of straightforward firepower but that's just me. I also want him thinking outside the box and applying strategy more often. It would be cool to see him develop his battle smarts.

Mephis 2013-10-21 01:11

Argh~~ I wish Volume 16 was translated fast!!! Can't wait to read it DX

@GEMC 2013-10-21 04:01

How did ise raises a flag to lilith?

Diocar 2013-10-21 05:05

I have read the previous posts and there is a thing i don t understand
Why is there so much talk about ise not being able to gain more power with is sacred gear if his queen doesn t have a lot of the powers of the time he went joggernaut drive, like the thing that stoped the devil dude or the super mega Lasers in the chest?
Or does that mean that whith the last training he had his queen is finally stable, but wont be as strong as joggernaut?

Brutiis 2013-10-21 05:22

^
the super mega laser in the chest - longinus smasher is forbidden techniques, that is what Ddraig tells ise when he fights the huge monsters in volume 12. So he probably wont be allowed to learn that technique. but then again i could be wrong.

A question i have is since sun wukong is going to be training everyone is it possible for ise and vali to master senjutsu also sairorg who has a touki covering his body could it be possible for him to learn it? a higher probability than the others?

momoya 2013-10-21 05:24

i think he himself is a weaknis to bosted gear so if he become stronger whithout bosted gear like Euclid Lucifuge who is maou lvl then he can become stronger

Chris38 2013-10-21 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diocar (Post 4879179)
I have read the previous posts and there is a thing i don t understand
Why is there so much talk about ise not being able to gain more power with is sacred gear if his queen doesn t have a lot of the powers of the time he went joggernaut drive, like the thing that stoped the devil dude or the super mega Lasers in the chest?
Or does that mean that whith the last training he had his queen is finally stable, but wont be as strong as joggernaut?

If you have been reading the spoilers, then you should have learned that the ability to stop time, was something that Ise gained from his contact with Balor, that seems to reside within Gasper's Sacred Gear and the ability called Longinus Smasher that he demonstrated in Juggernaut Drive is something that he shouldn't have - which suggests that it isn't a part of Ddraig's original abilities.

That being said, Ise's CCQ has the potential of reaching the level of Juggernaut Drive, since it does contain the potential that Ddraig had, before he was sealed into a Sacred Gear, but it probably won't have the ability to use the stopping move or Longinus Smasher, since they aren't a part of Ddraig's original powers.

Finally, while Ise probably hasn't made his Crimson Cardinal Promotion mode, stable.... at the moment there is no point to further develop it, since it's a part of his Sacred Gear abilities, and any attack executed from it, would be nullified by Rizevim.

n0m@n 2013-10-21 08:11

Oh, forgot to mention.
Rizevim also appears in the actual Bible. His other name is "Lilin".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilin (English wiki)
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...83%AA%E3%83%B3 (Japanese wiki)

On the Japanese wiki page for Lilin, it says that he's indeed a child of Satan and Lilith. But it doesnt mention that in the English page.

Kutra 2013-10-21 09:42

Read better
Quote:

Lilith and her daughter Lilim are both considered to be night spirits.
Lilin are night spirits, Lilim is Lilith and Lucifer's daughter.

Diocar 2013-10-21 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris38 (Post 4879192)
If you have been reading the spoilers, then you should have learned that the ability to stop time, was something that Ise gained from his contact with Balor, that seems to reside within Gasper's Sacred Gear and the ability called Longinus Smasher that he demonstrated in Juggernaut Drive is something that he shouldn't have - which suggests that it isn't a part of Ddraig's original abilities.

That being said, Ise's CCQ has the potential of reaching the level of Juggernaut Drive, since it does contain the potential that Ddraig had, before he was sealed into a Sacred Gear, but it probably won't have the ability to use the stopping move or Longinus Smasher, since they aren't a part of Ddraig's original powers.

Finally, while Ise probably hasn't made his Crimson Cardinal Promotion mode, stable.... at the moment there is no point to further develop it, since it's a part of his Sacred Gear abilities, and any attack executed from it, would be nullified by Rizevim.

I thought the longinus smasher was ise's juggernaut technique that rivaled vali's compremsion divider. I mean draig said it was ilegal, but i thought it was because he should only be able to use it in juggernaut mode. If it didn t came from draig, where the hell did the longinus smasher come from?
Beh...

Chris38 2013-10-21 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diocar (Post 4879360)
I thought the longinus smasher was ise's juggernaut technique that rivaled vali's compremsion divider. I mean draig said it was ilegal, but i thought it was because he should only be able to use it in juggernaut mode. If it didn t came from draig, where the hell did the longinus smasher come from?
Beh...

It was the God of the Bible that put Ddraig's soul into a Sacred Gear, so I think that is an ability that he specially put into him.

Considering the fact that God was already weakened due to making the seals for the 666 beast, somewhere around that time (if I'm mistaken then could someone correct me about this), I wouldn't be surprised if it would be revealed that Longinus Smasher would be a part of the 666 beast's power that would also be used as some last resort sealing device for the 666 beast, in case the other ones would be broken.

At the current moment, I don't have any evidence for something like that, but I suspect that it might be something like this, considering the power level that Longinus Smasher has.

n0m@n 2013-10-21 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kutra (Post 4879335)
Read better

Lilin are night spirits, Lilim is Lilith and Lucifer's daughter.

No point telling me since the author used the spelling "Lilin" over "Lilim" to refer to Lucier and Lilith's child.

WILD_LION 2013-10-21 10:45

I feel a little depressed for issei new position in DxD Team.
*His Cardinal Crimson Queen is weaker than Vali Armor.
*His SG do not work with this new enemy.
*Ascalon is the weakest sword in the Team.
*His new Power up are just two Chibi Dragons that Reflect and Divide and even with that he can not defeat the imitation of his SG with only the normal Scale Mail.
*Rias defeat Grendel, the enemy that he can not defeat.
*In this VOL issei can not defeat any enemy.

Ahhhhh.....

In this arc ""The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions"", the author has focused so much in improve the powers of issei friends, that make feel issei as the weakest element of the team again as the begining of this story. Even now new characters will get new power ups:

*Saji will get his BB.
*S. Bael will show the results of his training.
*Sona show us so much power in the battle of Grendel, and has new servants.
*Akeno has now a powerfull Dragon Thunder.
*Kiba and Xenovia new swords(I am sure they will dominate it).
*Koneko her new form.
*Gasper discover his Longinus
*Asia has now a Dragon King pact.
*Rias her new destruction attack than can defeat Grendel

And now Sun Wukong will train everyone(not just issei) to a level to kill gods

With all of this i feel like issei as a secondary character in this arc,

I just hope that the event of the Volume 9 Life 4 return, i mean that issei find and incredible Dragon aura inside him with the help of Sun Wukong.

Buzzzz...
With a quiet sound, energy gradually gathered in the gauntlet cannon. A massive attack is not needed, just hitting that guy is enough!
First Gen smiled at me.
"You will complete my mission? Sure, that's fine. I'll let you punish that kid. It will only be for a short while, but I will raise your power."
First Gen lightly tapped my armour with his staff.
--And then, aura flowed forth from my body! Is this the power of sennjutsu?
My body, did it ever have this much aura? No, was it sleeping?
Much thanks, monkey old man! With this I have enough to fire the cannon!
I locked the aim of the cannon's barrel onto Cao Cao.
"-- You think you can return without any punishment? This is my gift to you, your souvenir from Kyoto!"
Boom

I also hope that with this issei can control the Dragonification by himself. To do not give his energy to Akeno and Rias

peinmaximus@ 2013-10-21 10:59

I agree with you wild lion,the author are making the secondary characters strong and the MC more weak.this is wrong,if the secundary character have a power up,then the MC should have a power up greater than of the others.Is strange the secondary characters have a power up greater than of the MC.
for this,I think that the author will introduce thor in vol 17 for he and ophis together train ise.And for the harem subject,the people not want that more girls join in the harem,but they forget that main objective of ise is be a harem king.If ise want be the harem king he will need more than a harem of seven or eight girls.then after of the developing of the girls already known,more girls will have that join in the harem yes.
what you think wild lion?

WILD_LION 2013-10-21 11:11

I am agree with you peinmaximus@, issei had not shine since Vol12, its been a long time since he do not shine in a battle scene, when every option has lost, he show a miracle, and demonstrate that he represent the Possibility.

But now he can not shine.

I hope the author is saving a miracle or two for a future Vols.

And about add more girls, I think the author will add them after Vol 18, why? because the author said that Vol 17 was Rossweisse Moment, AND, Vol 18 was Irina Moment,.

And now we know that the Copy of Ophis is interested in issei too, so, i imagine that we will have more girls in the future.

GrrDraxin 2013-10-21 11:17

Oh, Ise will get his harem, however, I think any new members would have to become "local wife" harem members so the story development keeps the main members in the spotlight and well nurtured for the story. Many characters in one story tend to dilute the character development and personalities of the central cast, so to avoid that, keeping new characters off to the side is a wise idea, and lets them be available in case the story deems it necessary to bring in some canon-fodder or extra firepower for any given crisis. Kunou and Yasaka are a good example of this. We may see more of them, specifically Kunou in the future, but only after the center cast of characters has been thoroughly developed and explored.

For your disappointment on side characters getting more development than the main character, you have to take into account that Ise has had lots of screen time compared to most everyone else, and one of the faster power up sprees of the series. Kiba is the only other character that's had any time to shine with him on that stage, but even then, Ise always gets the better deal, and has already far surpassed even his own master (Rias) in terms of sheer fighting ability. If Ise and Rias were to duke it out, Ise would win, hands down, even with Rias's new attack. You could say that it could take more than just all of Rias's peerage to take down Ise in a fight. So in this volume, Ise's only major development being the issue with his DD power getting stabilized, it just means he's getting his power base refined rather than getting a totally new power up that comes out of nowhere.

The diamond has been cut. Now it's time to start polishing it.

peinmaximus@ 2013-10-21 11:23

wild lion,the author have really that make some miracle happen in the next vols.nobody want to see a story where the MC is weaker than the secondary characters.
for this I hope that author make ise defeat someone really strong in the next vol,how a god.

Kutra 2013-10-21 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 4879385)
No point telling me since the author used the spelling "Lilin" over "Lilim" to refer to Lucier and Lilith's child.

Sorry, since I was in hurry I wasn't able to explain well :heh:

I only wanted to say that English wiki mention that Lilin is the daughter of Lilith.

peinmaximus@ 2013-10-21 11:41

I agree with you wild lion.I think that more girls will be add after the vol 18.
The author will have that show ise making a great miracle in vol 17.Defeat a norse god is the best thing for this and with this,ise can finally control completely his crimson queen.what you think?

Jedsada 2013-10-21 11:51

too early to conclude that Rias has Surpassed Issei with her new move. We don't even know how she fights Grendel (one-one, Fight with the others).

Issei always faces opponents who are stronger and more experience than him (Raiser in vol 2, Vali in vol 4, Cao Cao in vol 9 11 12 and Euclide in vol 14).It's not surprise if Issei seem so weak.

And WILD LION, from spoilers only Longinus's possessors who Sun Wukong will train to be able to defeat Gods. the others will only become on par with ultimate class devils.

in volume 17, I hope Issei will get more spotlight. Well, I don't like Ideas for making Issei look weak as he was in start of series.