AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101581)

Julio C 2012-06-23 22:01

I wish they made it into a zip file or something.

DangerMouse 2012-08-11 03:11

Yeah, would make it much easier to keep the info and read it all.

Julio C 2012-08-11 13:48

I can only find Booklet 1-5 on those threads. I got them in a zip which I will upload soon.

If you read any of those posts, in one of the booklets it says that Anatoray was building two more Urbanus class ships and that the completed parts were used to build the current Urbanus from Fam. Anatoray planned to build 50 Urbanus Class ships but production ceased when the war ended. It would have been a nightmare for the Ades if 50 of those Urbanus class ships pop out.

It's also interesting that the Ades 3rd and 4th flagships are identical ships spec wise, but just different colors.

DangerMouse 2012-08-15 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4300458)
I can only find Booklet 1-5 on those threads. I got them in a zip which I will upload soon.

If you read any of those posts, in one of the booklets it says that Anatoray was building two more Urbanus class ships and that the completed parts were used to build the current Urbanus from Fam. Anatoray planned to build 50 Urbanus Class ships but production ceased when the war ended. It would have been a nightmare for the Ades if 50 of those Urbanus class ships pop out.

It's also interesting that the Ades 3rd and 4th flagships are identical ships spec wise, but just different colors.

Yeah, the Urbanus is such an awesome beast.

Urzu 7 2012-09-11 21:42

Is this a remake of the original, or a continuation of the original? I was looking through what ANN has to offer for streaming and I looked up this series and in the first few episodes, the preview pictures show what looks like Dio.

blaze0041 2012-09-11 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urzu 7 (Post 4348103)
Is this a remake of the original, or a continuation of the original? I was looking through what ANN has to offer for streaming and I looked up this series and in the first few episodes, the preview pictures show what looks like Dio.

Continuation. Though it's better to watch the original first to get a sense of the world and the context of the series.

Urzu 7 2012-09-11 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze0041 (Post 4348113)
Continuation. Though it's better to watch the original first to get a sense of the world and the context of the series.

I have watched the original, actually. I have it on DVD. It is a good series. How long after the original does it take place? Since I saw a character that looks like Dio, I'll ask; is that Dio?

blaze0041 2012-09-11 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urzu 7 (Post 4348142)
I have watched the original, actually. I have it on DVD. It is a good series. How long after the original does it take place? Since I saw a character that looks like Dio, I'll ask; is that Dio?

Fam takes place two years after the original, and yes, that is indeed Dio...
Spoiler for Last Exile (2003) spoilers regarding Dio:

Urzu 7 2012-09-11 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze0041 (Post 4348146)
Fam takes place two years after the original, and yes, that is indeed Dio...
Spoiler for Last Exile (2003) spoilers regarding Dio:

Wow. Cool. Dio grew on me when I watched the first season. I felt bad how his evil sister brainwashed him (something like that) and I felt a bit bummed out when I thought he died.

I wonder if Allister and Tatiana will be back in this season, and others (I forgot the names of many). There is Lavie, and her best friend, and the little girl they were protecting.

I had six DVDs out of seven for season 1, but it just so happens that I ordered DVD 7 from Amazon a few days ago (I'm trying to complete some series on disc that I haven't completed). I saw the rest of season 1 of Last Exile on a bootleg DVD that I borrowed. I'm completing some series that I saw fansubs of, wanted to buy the DVDs and started buying them, and then didn't complete. Turns out they look bad on my HD monitor and the DVDs look better. These are fansubs from back in 2004 and 2005.

I know Funimation has the rights to the series, so I'm hoping I can watch this series off of Funimation's site. Actually, since I have the first season on DVD, I might buy this season on disc. I should probably ask, is this new season pretty good? I should probably ask that before wanting to get the discs. :p I will rewatch the first season on DVD before watching the new season.

blaze0041 2012-09-11 23:32

The first thing you'll notice about this season is the parallels between this and the original series- I won't go into them for fear of spoiling, but you'll probably notice them as you've watched the original series.
A few characters return as well, but again, I won't spoil them.
Ultimately, if you liked the original series, chances are, you'll like this one too.

Julio C 2012-09-12 18:19

This is one sequel where you will either hate it and pretend it never existed or love it and wish you wanted to see more.

I really love this series to the point where I watched each episode several times already.

Julio C 2013-02-11 22:27

Part 1 and 2 are available for pre-ordering at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Exile-Fam...the+silverwing

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Exile-Fam...xgy_mov_text_y

This is Part 1 without the LE box:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Exile-Fam...the+silverwing

MrTerrorist 2013-02-17 08:20

Trailer for English dub of Sliver Wing. (Sorry for those can't view the trailer)
Source

While i'm sad they didn't get the original English voice actors from Last Exile to reprise their roles in Sliver Wing, the voice acting sounds good.

DangerMouse 2013-08-17 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4349232)
This is one sequel where you will either hate it and pretend it never existed or love it and wish you wanted to see more.

I really love this series to the point where I watched each episode several times already.

Same here. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 4557556)
Trailer for English dub of Sliver Wing. (Sorry for those can't view the trailer)
Source

While i'm sad they didn't get the original English voice actors from Last Exile to reprise their roles in Sliver Wing, the voice acting sounds good.

Yeah I agree on both thoughts.

Can't wait for September. :)

Julio C 2013-08-18 02:27

Don't forget the video clips:

Julio C 2013-08-27 13:20

Another one:

Poetic Justice 2013-09-03 03:55

Is this worth watching to someone who loved the original? How similar is it to the first in terms of characters or has it become the typical victim of moefest?

Julio C 2013-09-04 13:59

Yes it's worth watching for someone that love the original, it adds more the universe of Last Exile. It wasn't a moefest at all, that's just an exaggeration. It has some of it since it needs to appeal newer audiences, but it does't take away what made the original great. Don't expect the main characters to come back at since the story focuses on the Fam and Giselle.