AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109135)

tenchimoon 2011-12-22 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 3914148)
What. What. What. What.

Sequel to one of my most beloved anime of all time?

:hyper-^v^::hyper-^v^::hyper-^v^:

THANK YOU BONES!!!!

if it's as good as the original then this is awesome :hyper-^v^:

Azuma Denton 2011-12-22 18:45

Woah...
Chrismast present from BONES??

2nd season of Eureka Seven??
Cant wait...

And yesh, that protag really looks like a hybrid of Renton + Eureka...

Guardian Enzo 2011-12-22 20:13

If you look at the manga art, Ao is most definitely Renton and Eureka's son - he's almost a perfect composite of the two of them.

I loved E7, as flawed as it was. I think BONES needs to get back to doing something in their sweet spot - a boy hero, exotic pretty girls and mecha.

ars89 2011-12-22 20:14

Great news to hear!

Alchemist007 2011-12-22 20:14

I wonder what the story will be. Or who the new girl will be.

webkid94 2011-12-22 20:31

Ehh.. not sure about this one. First series was okay, it had great music and animation from Bones but the romance was way too forced and sappy. Doesn't look like there's going to be a strong romance angle in this series but you never know. I'll watch it only if it's not 50 episodes like the first series.

Some positives:
No Renton or Eureka (best news)
The announcement made a point of focusing on the mecha aspect, not the romance
Bones' great animation

Some negatives:
Looks like none of the Gekko crew is going to be here as it is a sequel and it doesn't look like just a couple years time skip.

Mysteries:
Naoki Sato coming back to make the music? Hope so.
Total episodes?
New director?
Dai Sato?

C.A. 2011-12-22 20:32

SRW really is giving life to all the mecha anime that featured in the games, first Jeeg, Gaiking, Dancougar now Aquarion and Eureka 7.

Awesome stuff, Eureka 7 is one of the best mecha romance ever.

Guardian Enzo 2011-12-22 20:34

I liked Renton & Eureka. Though it was one of the more interesting romantic lead pairings in the last few years.

wandering-dreamer 2011-12-22 20:42

Is it just me or does the mech look like a cross between the Nirvash and Wild Tiger's power suit?
In any case, guess this is a really good reason to go and rewatch the first series!

webkid94 2011-12-22 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3914350)
I liked Renton & Eureka. Though it was one of the more interesting romantic lead pairings in the last few years.

For me they just didn't click. Renton was just really grating and annoying for most of the series and only the last few episodes he really matures, i can understand "Oh, but he's just a teenager" but come on 40+ episodes later and he's still immature. If it was a two-cour series, i can be more forgiving but dealing with him for 50 episodes was just..exhausting to say the least. I like Eureka even if she has the personality of Yuki Nagato, but as a couple i just don't like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo's blog post on the announcement
the TV was certainly flawed, but at its best it was superb.

I definitely agree here: The overall series was flawed, but the best parts were memorable towards the end of the series and i really liked the first part of the series when everyone calls it the weakest part.

NoemiChan 2011-12-22 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanBlue (Post 3913928)
This might be interesting. The setting after E7 was really open-ended. You could easily tell another story from it. If the boy really is Renton and Eureka's son, you can also expect some discrimination..

The "Jelly Boy" will be discriminated, hahahaha. Jelly Boy....!

Seriously, I'm glad they had an offspring. By the way, who's the girl behind him (kinda a little older)?

Daniel Lind 2011-12-22 22:22

Quote:

I like Eureka even if she has the personality of Yuki Nagato
Oh please.

C.A. 2011-12-22 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by genjichan (Post 3914478)
Seriously, I'm glad they had an offspring. By the way, who's the girl behind him (kinda a little older)?

She looks like Talho, I guess she's Talho and Holland's daughter.

frubam 2011-12-22 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by webkid94 (Post 3914367)
For me they just didn't click. Renton was just really grating and annoying for most of the series and only the last few episodes he really matures, i can understand "Oh, but he's just a teenager" but come on 40+ episodes later and he's still immature. If it was a two-cour series, i can be more forgiving but dealing with him for 50 episodes was just..exhausting to say the least. I like Eureka even if she has the personality of Yuki Nagato, but as a couple i just don't like it.

I disagree. Perhaps at first they didn't click, but I think as the show continued on, Renton's persistence in trying to show affection to Eureka worked out. It was VERY refreshing for her to see how much Renton meant to her when he temp left the ship, even though she was unaware, and how they consummated their relationship at the halfway point of the series. It was very unusual to see how their bond deepened instead of leaving you high and dry until the end like the romance in so many other mecha shows. It's the little things that count =03.

Jarmel 2011-12-23 00:21

All over my face. I'm damn near close to spasming. Announce the staff with Saito involved and I'm set for next year. Also make it 50 episodes after the fiasco that is Xam'd.

Asleep 2011-12-23 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel (Post 3914708)
All over my face. I'm damn near close to spasming. Announce the staff with Saito involved and I'm set for next year. Also make it 50 episodes after the fiasco that is Xam'd.

+1 and create a great soundtrack again, because E7 has awesome music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3914350)

I like them too. I don't find Renton annoying either. I didn't like Holland the first time I watched it (not until the end) but even he grew over me the second time.

Also Eureka Seven has one of the most amazing worlds. So Trapar and lifting/reffing will be back? IIRC the Scub Coral moved to the moon?

Blaat 2011-12-23 04:28

I love E7 so if Bones screw this up I'll never be able to forgive them.

Kanon 2011-12-23 08:51

I'm not sure if this is good news or not yet... I'll wait until the staff is announced before jizzing all over myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by genjichan (Post 3914478)

Girl? I don't see anybody behind him besides the mech. Is there another picture available or am I just blind?

Incidentally, I don't like the design of the boy. It's Renton with Eureka's eyes and hair. How lazy.

C.A. 2011-12-23 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3915210)
Girl? I don't see anybody behind him besides the mech. Is there another picture available or am I just blind?

Incidentally, I don't like the design of the boy. It's Renton with Eureka's eyes and hair. How lazy.

This link posted by fertygo shows the girl:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nch-next-month

The design of the boy makes sense, when it makes sense, its not lazy. Straight away we can see that the character is related to Renton and Eureka, if that's what they want us to know, then the character has been designed well.

karuroso 2011-12-23 10:04

*reading the news while drinking coffee before the work like always*

*almost spills everything on the keyboard*