AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Knights of Sidonia - Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=126358)

deathcoy 2014-06-06 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 5143333)
It does raise a question, though: why is Hiyama stuck in the bear suit? Couldn't she transfer to a healthy clone?

True that, it never crossed my mind lol!!!
Hiyama in Bear form is so friggin cute though!!! I really like her character and her current role of a motherly figure to Nagate. I kinda consider Koyabashi the 2nd motherly figure albeit a facade.

Quote:

That, and I think Yure is interested in trans-humanism in general, rather than just biology. If cyborg limbs do a better job than organic ones, why not go for them?

Gotta love that Nihei opting for cybernetics for Izana. She's literally the recon/radar for the platoon/section with her being able to sync with the mech. Its a nice touch, brings more variety to the mech setup which is currently lacking in Sidonia. They need specialized mechs man. Like real life M203, demo, GPMG gunner, 84mm gunner etc.

Quote:

Technically, a lot of spots opened recently... Though Izana probably isn't in line for them.

LOL!!!!

Quote:

On a lighter subject... how would you characterize the attitudes of Nagate's harem?

The robot is easy. She's a tsundere.

Yuhata is honest about her interest, aggressive and cunning.

Izana used the gender confusion to get close as his best male(-ish) friend, and then turned on the feminity. What I like to call the Charlotte Maneuver. (Further digression: in Bakates terms, would it be the Hideyoshi, or the Minami?)

But what about Tsumugi?

I kinda like this harem. In order of my favourite first:

Tsumugui=Damsel in distress(although shes the strongest) cos of princess carry scene and hug scene, love at first sight kinda girl, loyal and honest, slight yandere tendencies?, very emotional(she'll the first to berserk if anything happens to Nagato)
Izana=Childhood friend, passive, shy, yea kinda like Charlotte
Yuhata=High aggro, pushy but understanding, she seems to be the Harem Manager type kinda like takes care of all the girls and keep them in check
Teruru=Tsundere

Theres also others with potential though little focus on them:

Honoka=Ren & En i think, 1 is tsundere the other is basically a Yuhata clone
Sasaki=Very slight chance of romance but shes definitely the teasing violent Onee-san type

Kamui04 2014-06-07 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupumanager (Post 5142405)
I Also actually found it strange that whereas Nagate don't Photosynthesize, Kobayashi do.
Photosynthesis, If my memory serves me right, introduced after 4th Gauna War - 100 yrs before, by dr. Shinatose as a experiment to lessen the strain into food production...in the end, most younger Sidonians were bon with that; Nagate is a special case, why didn't Yure made him able to? Even though if Hiroki also do not, there is no reason why can't Nagate. Also, Kobayashi is from Hiroki's generation too - but She can Photosynthesize. About Yure herself or Hiyama we have no clue nor confirmation - but I have a thought thats the reason why Hiyama a Canteen Lady...

Yeah, but there still no proof or confirmation that Kobayashi swapped body, whether implied or not, even if there are possibility.

Its also interesting that Yure, advise Izana to use Cybernetic limbs...this proven to give Izana advantage later on with the help of Sasaki - however, isn't things like Regeneration is Yure's Specialty?

This is just a small, rather unimportant detail, I'm Curious... but when Sasaki met Tanba 10 years ago, He called Sasaki "Aren't you the granddaughter of that person..." Who?
Spoiler for More or less...:

As for the Immortals transferring to clone bodies, that's a possibility. They added photosynthesis to the new bodies but no genetic level immortality since it's forbidden (only medication). And I think the anime hints that Kobayashi switched bodies between 100 years ago and "present" time since you can hear a difference in her voice.

As for Sasaki most likely she's pretending to be her grandaughter/grandma and is an immortal. She is just assuming a new identity each time she takes over/inherits Toha Heavy Industries.
And pretending to be your own ancestor/descendant isn't something new... cough Highlander cough.
There are various hints of this.
The cover of the prequel chapter included with the BD Vol. 1 has a mechanic girl who looks just like Sasaki in Hiroki/Kobayashi's generation 100 years ago.
Chapter 27 she talks with unmasked Kobayashi. And Kobayashi only shows her face to other immortals, Nagate, some high ranking members and incognito.
Chapter 48 a conversation with Yure she mentions how they used to have fun together in the old days... and Yure isn't short on years.

AcroDave 2014-06-08 01:20

So when last we left Sidonia, the Guana had created a perfect replica of a human pilot (although slightly larger). A Guana that thinks it's a human! Can't wait to see where this goes!!!

Spoiler for Chapter 58:

deathcoy 2014-06-08 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcroDave (Post 5144857)
So when last we left Sidonia, the Guana had created a perfect replica of a human pilot (although slightly larger). A Guana that thinks it's a human! Can't wait to see where this goes!!!

Spoiler for Chapter 58:

Yep... I was expecting Gauna in fighting and defecting or something... quite a disappointment...

And also Mizuki Battleship has a very short screentime zzzz... But Nagate with Tsumugui scenes were very cute...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui04 (Post 5143879)
As for Sasaki most likely she's pretending to be her grandaughter/grandma and is an immortal. She is just assuming a new identity each time she takes over/inherits Toha Heavy Industries.
And pretending to be your own ancestor/descendant isn't something new... cough Highlander cough.
There are various hints of this.
The cover of the prequel chapter included with the BD Vol. 1 has a mechanic girl who looks just like Sasaki in Hiroki/Kobayashi's generation 100 years ago.
Chapter 27 she talks with unmasked Kobayashi. And Kobayashi only shows her face to other immortals, Nagate, some high ranking members and incognito.
Chapter 48 a conversation with Yure she mentions how they used to have fun together in the old days... and Yure isn't short on years.

Oh i see...
Btw what chapter is the cover roughly at? I couldnt find it. Man i didn't know Sasaki was part of the pioneer generation...

Kamui04 2014-06-08 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathcoy (Post 5145001)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui04 (Post 5143879)

Oh i see...
Btw what chapter is the cover roughly at? I couldnt find it. Man i didn't know Sasaki was part of the pioneer generation...

You won't find it if you're looking in the manga because it's part of the stuff included with the Anime BD Vol. 1.

Here's that cover
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

cupumanager 2014-06-09 00:10

The Last moments of Honoka Shou...is just sad...

Looking at Mizuki-Class Cruisers, Sidonia itself need some of those shiny Point-Defence Weapons.

I don't get why Mizuki can't just do Fire Support for the first sortie - There is no "Out of Range" in space; the limit for Effective Range in Space is just the extent Targeting Computers can predict movements in spite of Lightspeed lag thanks to the sheer distance.
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathcoy (Post 5143671)
Gotta love that Nihei opting for cybernetics for Izana. She's literally the recon/radar for the platoon/section with her being able to sync with the mech. Its a nice touch, brings more variety to the mech setup which is currently lacking in Sidonia. They need specialized mechs man. Like real life M203, demo, GPMG gunner, 84mm gunner etc.

Teruru is pure robotics - she can do that too for Cruisers. What kind of weapons would be the space-equivalent of those, do you think?

If Lightspeed Lag is the Issue, Guided Torpedos with its own seeker is an excellent complement: Almost limitless range, only limited by its maneuvering thrusters fuel; Self-guiding and Self-Correcting itself.

Sidonia already have the thing. In that Lem IX Mission there is that Kabi-Tipped Autonomous Guardian Support Hayakaze. Place tandem warhead on the tip of that thing - First charge to blow placenta away, second charge to drive the Kabi at point-blank range.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui04 (Post 5145396)
You won't find it if you're looking in the manga because it's part of the stuff included with the Anime BD Vol. 1.

Here's that cover
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Ha! so there is more Immortals walked amongst the common men than previously thought. And oh, seems like there is another Intersex: Izana weren't alone.
Spoiler for Manga:

Notice: Shorts
...and another one from Ep 6
Spoiler for Ep 6:

The Blonde one.

deathcoy 2014-06-17 05:16

So they managed to harness energy from lem star right?

Tsumugui is as cute as ever haha, it's weird that I find her character attractive despite being less human-ish....

Sasaki having more screentime is a nice change and she finally has more character development...

cupumanager 2014-06-17 10:37

Evert time I saw Tsumugi and Tanikaze flying through space, The more I think about WALL-E and EVE.

What, 1? ONE VOTE? She's already the Mascot of Sidonia, She deserves MOST of the votes!
Sasaki deserves the votes more than Teruru, She's the one making your Guardians keeps flying, dammit...

I kinda like that unnamed braided glasses girl.

Ah Yes, there are still Redshirt Rookies with Redshirt Type 18 doing things without thinking...

...Okay, I suspect the "Semi Autonomous Converter System" is made in mind to power Graviton Beam Emitter - something that presumably needs lots of power, by using The Lem Sun as the source of power. With a charged GBE, Sidonia can blast bare Mass Union Ship into naked helpless cores. They need to test this earlier by doing this when The MUS is in another side of the Star to avoid detection.
However, why plunging a tube into The Corona of a Blue Star if you can set an array of Panels in a much safer stationary orbit farther away, where the panels will always in opposite of Lem VII.
Tsumugi don't need to fear plunging into Lem - If she can't be toasted by Solar Radiation at that close to a Star and able to survive deflecting a Gigantic Higgs Stream from Ocarina Union Ship; Just unfurl her "skirt" and she'll be blown away, no need for thrust whatsoever.

Anh_Minh 2014-06-17 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathcoy (Post 5154088)
So they managed to harness energy from lem star right?

Not quite. A power generator's useless if you can't bring the energy where it's needed. They'll need another, better cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupumanager (Post 5154264)
What, 1? ONE VOTE? She's already the Mascot of Sidonia, She deserves MOST of the votes!

Agreed.
Quote:

Sasaki deserves the votes more than Teruru, She's the one making your Guardians keeps flying, dammit...
Agreed again. Why would they like that tsundere?

Quote:

...Okay, I suspect the "Semi Autonomous Converter System" is made in mind to power Graviton Beam Emitter - something that presumably needs lots of power, by using The Lem Sun as the source of power. With a charged GBE, Sidonia can blast bare Mass Union Ship into naked helpless cores. They need to test this earlier by doing this when The MUS is in another side of the Star to avoid detection.
I don't know. Maybe they just want a power source that's doesn't use Higgs particles. That way, maybe they can set up a colony that won't be destroyed by the Gauna.

AcroDave 2014-06-23 22:33

Ch.63

Soooo..... spoilers are out for Chapter 63... I.. I.. don't even... :twitch:

Spoiler for Ch.63 - WTF!?!!:
This chapter.. I just... I.. ahaha.. hahajfjsa**$^&@#tbfutvkut.d.g........

Tranhieu 2014-06-24 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcroDave (Post 5160830)
Soooo..... spoilers are out for Chapter 63... I.. I.. don't even... :twitch:

Spoiler for Ch.63 - WTF!?!!:

Rough translation
Spoiler for translation:

Looks like something big is happening soon.

cupumanager 2014-07-15 03:26

Chapter 63

What...its...hhh...but...so...hnggg...ascvfgjnnkkv gn...I....I....

D'AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

*slams head*

*Slams Head*

*SLAMS HEAD*

...Okay, regain your composure...uhuk, ahahahahahahah, ahem...

Its so beautiful...Is almost the entire ship shipping them?(with the exception of Nagate's other harem member, actually pretty obviously)
What, you humans, Gender-Changing Cyborg, and Growth Accelerated Clones feels so bad defeated by a Giant Tentacled Space Monster Hybrid with Phallic-shaped Probe or something?
Kobayashi...so she's a singer too...Do Seii recognize the voice?

I...don't like this ominous feeling...something gonna happen I'm sure of it...I fear of the future...

XFire 2014-07-15 10:00

Well, that was an unusual choice. Eh, whatever, it works. Death flag for Tsumigi, though.

Jirachier 2014-07-15 10:34

Yeah death flag ;_;
look at what happened to the last girl our protagonist was in love with.

foxbox360 2014-07-15 13:36

Dammit!!!!! I just read the chapter, Please author don't kill Tsumigi, and is there yuri in the air.;)

XFire 2014-07-15 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxbox360 (Post 5182789)
Dammit!!!!! I just read the chapter, Please author don't kill Tsumigi, and is there yuri in the air.;)

No, because if there was Izana would turn into a man.

Kanon 2014-07-19 10:42

All caught up now.

I watched the anime first, and I was initially very disappointed when I started reading the manga. I thought the anime handled things a lot better. The manga's tendency to jump around between flashbacks and the present during the first few chapters was very annoying and didn't make the story very engaging. Furthermore, the fights were a goddamn mess, it was impossible to tell what the hell was going on.

Thankfully, the storytelling got better over time and I found myself very much enjoying seeing the continuation of the anime (sort of, since the anime veered off course toward the end). I particularly loved the introduction of Tsumugi into the story. I never thought a talking penis could be so endearing and moe. I wasn't that surprised Nagate chose her over Izana. It's just too bad this spells her doom. I don't want her to die ;_;

Izana is still my favorite girl (yes! an actual girl now!) in the series but Tsumugi really isn't far behind. Tsumugi is more daughter material though, which is why I was still a bit surprised Nagate confessed to her. I can't wait to see her animated. She's probably going to be voiced by the same person as Hoshijiro (using her Tamako voice this time, it would suit her)

foxbox360 2014-07-19 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 5186042)
All caught up now.

I can't wait to see her animated. She's probably going to be voiced by the same person as Hoshijiro (using her Tamako voice this time, it would suit her)

Don't worry my friend, season 2 is coming next year.;)

Kanon 2014-08-23 05:25

Spoiler for 65:

cupumanager 2014-09-01 02:34

Spoiler for Chapter 65: