AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Macross (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Macross F - The Labyrinth of Time (short film) Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156378)

justavisitor 2021-02-16 21:08

wonder how short this film will be...

and wow, haven't been here in ages :D

stray 2021-02-17 17:33

I like Basara and all but that CG looks PS3 at best. On that note I hope we at least get more new content this time than FB7. Although Totsugeki Planet Explosion was pretty nice.Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-02-18 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by stray (Post 6460743)
I like Basara and all but that CG looks PS3 at best.

I mean, the footage was from a rather smaller-scale mobile game from 2017 :heh:.

That said, as long as Basara looks cool & Mylene looks cute, I have no issue ;)
Spoiler for saving space:

And the girls from Frontier too
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Ragashingo 2021-03-26 01:14

A return to Frontier was not something I would have ever expected. I hope it does take too long after release to find a copy to watch.

triangler_fans1 2021-07-28 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 6460689)
wonder how short this film will be...

and wow, haven't been here in ages :D

I feel nostalgic!

Ragashingo 2021-09-18 13:14

But wait! There's more! The part I'm really excited about!
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
What I think we're seeing is Sheryl and Ranka find a Protoculture planet with a "labyrinth of time" that lets them revisit past memories. It's probably too much to ask for them to actually find Alto...

magnuskn 2021-09-18 17:56

Oh, wow, it really will have new animations and not CG stuff. Ranka does look a bit older.

Fingers crossed that it will be good and out soon!

raile 2021-09-19 02:29

I’m dying to hear the new songs…

Tak 2021-09-19 08:54

Why is it that I have more expectation for this than the 2nd Delta movie?

- Tak

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-09-19 10:02

How short will this movie be?

Also, will the "Labyrinth of Time" lead to something exciting or just an excuse to have a recap section?

Tak 2021-09-23 12:34

Based on rumor mill and past experience, this movie should be approximately 30 minutes as part of a double feature.

- Tak

raile 2021-10-07 21:37

The Macross short and Delta movie premiered today. People are saying the short is 14 minutes? I hope to read about some spoilers soon.

Tak 2021-10-08 11:47

Fourteen?

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!

https://c.tenor.com/nGfIwtQzxwwAAAAM...2%E8%84%B1.gif

- Tak

Dash_Hunter 2021-10-08 15:03

Yeah it seems like the short is just 14 minutes long, personally I was hoping for at least 30 but whatever.

I've already read a summary online, but since my Japanese is bad I relied on google translate so I´m not 100% sure of everything but if you want to know read the spoilers.
Spoiler for Macross F Short Spoilers:

HirouKeimou 2021-10-08 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter (Post 6488505)
But yeah it really didn't add much new and just maintained the Status Quo instead of advancing the story even if a little bit, personally I still prefer the new end credits to the Blu-ray box version where it heavily implies that the end credits concert is after Sheryl woke up and that the blue shooting star is Alto coming back.
In the end more Frontier is always welcomed but come on just let Alto and Sheryl reunite already!
[/SPOILER]

Um, to be fair,
Spoiler for The short film & Sheryl:

All that being said, most of the judgment from either short film or the Delta film has come from Western fans who have yet to really see either outside of summaries and maybe the first 5 minutes released online you could watch via VPN early yesterday afternoon. Overall, on Japanese Twitter, people are pleased and emotional about both presentations so... I guess it's good? Personally, I hope it is.

Because I did kind of hear a couple of really weird, confusing, and conflicting spoilers so heed the tag here carefully, don't take it as God's word:
Spoiler for The conflicting reviews/reports on Freyja's fate...:

I really hope the unconfirmed bit is either a troll or something lost in translation. Because otherwise it raises more questions than it answers... :uhoh:

magnuskn 2021-10-08 17:16

Kawamori milking the drama. :heh: Ah, well. We'll see if there's a follow-up.

Dash_Hunter 2021-10-08 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by HirouKeimou (Post 6488534)
Um, to be fair,
Spoiler for The short film & Sheryl:

I didn't expect much from it and like I said more Macross Frontier will always be a good thing, but to be fair
Spoiler for Short Film Talk:

In the end it's not like I dislike what I'm reading about the short, I'm just a bit underwhelmed that apparently it doesn't add anything substantial, that's it.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by magnuskn (Post 6488540)
Kawamori milking the drama. :heh: Ah, well. We'll see if there's a follow-up.

I think this sums up my reaction, we end up in the same exact place we were before the short was made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HirouKeimou (Post 6488534)
Because I did kind of hear a couple of really weird, confusing, and conflicting spoilers so heed the tag here carefully, don't take it as God's word:
Spoiler for The conflicting reviews/reports on Freyja's fate...:

I really hope the unconfirmed bit is either a troll or something lost in translation. Because otherwise it raises more questions than it answers... :uhoh:

I think we should discuss this in the Delta movie thread but if you really want to know about the unconfirmed stuff...
Spoiler for Big Spoilers for Delta Movie 2:

HirouKeimou 2021-10-08 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter (Post 6488541)
I didn't expect much from it and like I said more Macross Frontier will always be a good thing, but to be fair
Spoiler for Short Film Talk:

In the end it's not like I dislike what I'm reading about the short, I'm just a bit underwhelmed that apparently it doesn't add anything substantial, that's it.

None of the hints or interviews ever gave a timeline for when those things they hinted at would happen, is all. So I find it hard to be upset with the timeline of the new material. After all, it's not as if Frontier would get a sequel, even if people wanted it; because it's like SDF-1, people want a sequel, Kawamori is kind of done with it. But he'll occasionally revive it a bit for some nostalgia.

Now, if Kawamori does decide to revive Frontier after this short film, that will be interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter (Post 6488541)
I think we should discuss this in the Delta movie thread but if you really want to know about the unconfirmed stuff...
Spoiler for Big Spoilers for Delta Movie 2:

Honestly, because the short film and movie aired back-to-back, I kind of forgot they have different threads on here... :heh:

Thanks for the clarifications! :)
Thank goodness, a good number of it was lost in translation.

raile 2021-10-08 19:55

I keep reading of people going how the short seems to imply Frontier continuing. We’ll just have to wait and see whether that’s true or not. Personally, if they go that route, it might just be another short or OVA. Another movie or series would just be milking it imho. But then again, Frontier is a cash cow. :D

magnuskn 2021-10-09 03:16

One they haven't milked in years, so yeah. Hopefully we'll get something.