AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Spice and Wolf (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Spice and Wolf - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61318)

Masanori Ota 2008-02-05 12:08

Full ED lyrics follow:

Quote:

O seven apples on a witch's tree
With seven seeds to plant inside of me
In springtime I grew a magic song
Then skipping along, oh I sang the song to everyone

I looked at the world through apple eyes
And cut myself a slice of sunshine pie
I danced with the peanut butterflies
Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye

A thousand sugar stars
Oh put them in a jar
And then whistle round the world
Oh whistle round the world
I'm a little wolf inside a girl, you say
And off I'll go from June to May
Oh whistling round the world

I met a golden swan upon the road
Who was a handsome prince, so I was told
I asked it the way to yesterday
Then I was a sailor, and through the day I sailed away

Bluebird seas I sailed
With mermaids riding whales
And off I'll go down Wonder Way

Through apple eyes
Oh there are rose-coloured skylines
Where flying silver spoons
Eat melting marmalade moons

Through apple eyes
I see for millions of miles
The sun's a diamond shining
In the nighttime of a summer day

A thousand sugar stars
Oh put them in a jar
And then whistle round the world
And off I'll go (I can not stay)
Let's whistle round the world
Whistle round the world

Serenity85 2008-02-05 12:28

lol, finally got to listen to them both^^

OP, just as perfect as the short version (the la la end was different but find^^) Its just such a nice song.

ED, lol its even better full length^^ Just toe tapping and (if you can) whistling along fun^^

cors8 2008-02-05 13:22

The ED would've been much better if they didn't have her trying to sing in that high pitched voice in the middle. Still good though.

serenade_beta 2008-02-05 18:50

Tabi no Tochuu - Definitely very good! The ending chant was just... ... ... ...

Yakusoku no Uta - This is also pretty good. I didn't expect much before the song began, but it turned out wonderfully.

Ringo Hiyori - Whole thing was pretty enjoyable, laughed when whistling poped up.

Namaiki na Bokura - ...Average at the most. I didn't really like it.

qtipbrit 2008-02-06 02:16

Though I am not a fan of Engrish, I have to admit that the ED is just too catchy to pass up. The OP is very soothing as well, and I'd really like to see episode five.

It also seems that Rocky Chack and I both share the disability to pronounce the dreaded word "World". (Also shared by many of my fellow asian compatriots.)

nickcarloskim 2008-02-06 02:36

I heard someone talking about Japanesenglish as Moe.Kinda of funny & fresh.We know Japanese don't have a good sense in languages,so take it as pure musit,never mind those pron.Uta is anyway enjoyable.

ghazghkull 2008-02-06 04:54

I really don't have much to comment, but I can say this: I ended up feeling drowsy by the end of the OP. Doesn't is just give off this warm, wonderful, soothing feel that just makes you want to curl up in something nice and cozy and sleep, if you just listen to it for the melody? At least that's the feel I get. Of course once you get into the lyrics it does start to have a bit of a melancholy feel, wouldn't you agree?

Edit: The intro and outro of the OP song...kinda makes me go "Okay..." but on the whole, a rather soothing song ^^ They could've done without the fanfare-like/rock-like intro and the 'la la la' bits at the end. Oh well. It's still a good song.

Bloodseeker 2008-02-07 08:10

"Seven seeds to plant inside of me!"

lol Engrish

<3 the ED

FreedomMS 2008-02-08 00:54

i think my ear has problem >.< in the op the chanting i keep hearing as 大 狼 来 了

KholdStare 2008-02-08 01:57

The OP is really beautiful and unique. I love it.

The first two lines of the ED disturbs me, but since it's Engrish, I'm not sure if I get what the writer is trying to say. It's catchy and cute though, especially with all the chibi shots.

Vexx 2008-02-08 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masanori Ota (Post 1382201)
Full ED lyrics follow:

Is it "whistle around the world" or "wish around the world"? I guess "whistle" makes a hair more sense for a whimsical rhyme like this.
Nice work on the lyric, though - thanks.

Ichihara Asako 2008-02-08 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 1386908)
Is it "whistle around the world" or "wish around the world"? I guess "whistle" makes a hair more sense for a whimsical rhyme like this.
Nice work on the lyric, though - thanks.

"Oh whistling round the world"

The lyrics are in English on the single cover. ^^

yura` 2008-02-08 11:03

Absolutely loving the OP. I haven't been this impressed by an anime's OP in quite some time now, and I've been playing this on repeat...:heh: It has such a beautiful and haunting melody, and Natsumi's alto voice suits this song perfectly.

Random Wanderer 2008-02-08 19:50

Full OP wins.

Really, I'm not interested in listening to the full ED: the short version is enough trouble. I don't like the Engrish, but when I hear the song I CANNOT get it out of my head. I don't need that any more.

But the OP really wins. I may need an extra internet to give it.

Bloodseeker 2008-02-09 01:11

The OP must be dull, because I can't remember it (not the music, anyways), even though it was only like the day before yesterday that I caught up on S&W.

And the Engrish ED is great.

noob3d 2008-02-09 22:08

:Dthe first thing I did when I got back from the chinese new year celebrations was listen to the ED song in full.And I was:twitch: pretty much speechless.After continuously playing it for an hour I finally understood it lol.However,I did disagree with some of the lyrics posted by God knows who's version which seemed to pop up eveytime I wanted to get a second opinion on what the actual lyrics were...

Personally, I don't mind japanese singing english songs since I can think of only a very few of them.The better ones include Gurren Langann's ROW ROW fight the power insert song and probably Le Cheveliar's ED Over Night:rolleyes:And to my surprise people are already singing songs in english,korean and japanese all in one song.It's interesting to say the least.Like this one I found recentlyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xirGI2ErNcc Its called Zero Filled Love while the singer's name escapes me at the moment.

TinyRedLeaf 2008-02-13 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by valet
Honestly, if you could magically swap the vocal performance like that, I think that song would fit right into the Beatles repertoire. Musically it sounds a lot like something Paul McCartney would have composed and lyrically it really isn't that far off from something John Lennon might have written. If you can't take the pronunciation, try to imagine it being sung like Ob-la-dee, Ob-la-daa and it just seems to work.

You know, given the current craze that is Hatsune Miku of Vocaloid 2, such a swap may be more possible than we can imagine.

Hmm...how much longer before I chance upon a Miku-version of Ringo Hiyori? :heh:

White Manju Bun 2008-02-14 11:37

I just started watching this and I must say I really both the OP and ED. The OP is strangely hypnotic to me. The ED is just plain cute with the engrish and the images.

LKK 2008-02-14 12:57

The OP is nice, but the ED is beyond love for me. The lyrics are whimsical. The Engrish is so sincere that it adds a whole 'nother layer of charm to the song. The topper are the amusing images. I usually fast-forward through the OP, but I rarely skip the ED.

Masanori Ota 2008-02-14 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 1398816)
I just started watching this and I must say I really both the OP and ED. The OP is strangely hypnotic to me. The ED is just plain cute with the engrish and the images.

You "really ... both the OP and ED"? I'm going to assume this is equal to "I'd her horns". Mods using memes! :eyespin: