AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Darker Than Black (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Darker Than Black [2nd Season] generic discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82313)

wingdarkness 2009-06-03 15:55

Anyword on if it’s gonna be random slice of life like S1 tended to be or is it gonna be more hardcore in its focus? (Hoping for the latter)…The Jazz soundtrack of Yoko Kanno alone will have me salivating..

Haohmaru 2009-06-03 17:09

Didn't the first season have 2 episode arcs? It had a lot of different arcs with slice of life elements in it. I also think they took to long for them to go in the main storyline.

Shiroth 2009-06-03 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haohmaru (Post 2433633)
Didn't the first season have 2 episode arcs? It had a lot of different arcs with slice of life elements in it. I also think they took to long for them to go in the main storyline.

There was no point in just showing us the main storyline straight away. We needed the arcs before hand as an introduction into this new undiscovered world. I for one absolutely adored all those stories.

Haohmaru 2009-06-03 17:20

I'm not saying they were all bad, but they weren't all good either imo. As for showing us the main storyline, I think they showed us a little late. Still a good watch though.

Hedd 2009-06-03 18:40

The plot of the first season heavily depended on the personality of the main character. Alot of the "slice of life" was to not only get you familiar with just how contractors and dolls operate but also to show just how the main characters are different then the other contractors and dolls. The intimate moments were needed to make the metaplot more impacting. Now that there's a second season, they could get to the point alot faster now that most of the audience is familiar with the contractors and dolls themselves.

Eisdrache 2009-06-03 18:47

Good news are good news. Im looking forward to seeing Yin again. Then again Im sad that we (probably) wont be seeing Amber and Heis sister (she was damn cute!) in s2.

wingdarkness 2009-06-03 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haohmaru (Post 2433654)
I'm not saying they were all bad, but they weren't all good either imo. As for showing us the main storyline, I think they showed us a little late. Still a good watch though.

I totally agree with you here...The lack of a main storyline is what made S1 feel so incomplete for me...The show had incredible production quality, Best BGMs of the season, likable characters and character designs, awesome abilities and fighting sequences, but at times it felt pointless in a way because of the lack of focus...I pray S2 deals better with this, but I'm in because the current setup has great potential...

LeoXiao 2009-06-03 19:25

The series had a good premise but I hope they do a better execution of the plot and characters this time.

Nochgo 2009-06-03 19:29

Wow, great news. Because I actually liked the episodic storytelling of the S1, I wouldn't mind it being in the same format, though of course I wouldn't mind if they change that as long as they keep the original S1 feel. I didn't think there would be another season because I thought the ending was conclusive enough.

pkmnmaster 2009-06-03 20:10

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Haha I don't know how to express how awesome this is. DtB is one of my favorite series and I am just crazy happy to get a second season!!!

Irkalla 2009-06-03 20:59

Omg, so the rumors about dtb coming after fma were true after all <3333 Can't wait to see more Misaki and Hei! At least I hope the focus will remain on the same characters... unlike the manga.

Edgewalker 2009-06-03 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Th (Post 2432780)
Didn't Mao die in the first season?

Sort of. His human mind lost to his cat instincts. They could easily use plot-no-jutsu to revive him.

Yu Ominae 2009-06-03 23:18

Frickin' awesome...

Can't wait to watch this.

Kaioshin Sama 2009-06-04 00:51

Please to be having another song like HOWLING. :(

DangerMouse 2009-06-04 01:47

Hell freaking yes, they finally confirmed it!

Spoiler:

So true, I can't say how much I'd love for ABS to do another big first OP for season 2, Howling was just so perfect.

Shinji103 2009-06-04 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert (Post 2433400)
Just found it somewhere. I wonder is this one photoshopped?

In my own opinion, this is photoshopped. It seems that HeiXYin shippers are over-excited ever since the manga released (there is a manga sequence to st season if you don't know). Someone photoshopped the scan and changed the conversation (the original script is totally business-like) before most people had their hands on the manga.

Um...yeah. I'd have to agree that it's probably photoshopped. As much as I'd love to see HeixYin....I don't see it happening, at least not so easily as for the staff to start making such images, lol.

But what's this about the manga, now? I've heard about it, but not much more.

Alchemist007 2009-06-04 03:12

Ah, expectations coming about. How quaint.

aohige 2009-06-04 04:51

Here's an easier to read image of the magazine post.
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/128/dtb2.th.jpg

The staff is pretty much identical, same director, character designer and whatnot....
But Kanno Youko's name is nowhere to be found.... not yet. :(
I hope they get her again, I really do.

Shiroth 2009-06-04 05:11

Yeah fingers crossed that Yoko Kanno works on this again. I seriously don't see why they'd get someone else though, but still i'm a little bit worried that her name's not appeared yet.

monir 2009-06-04 09:24

I've replaced the image in the opening post with Aohige's. Thank you good sir.