AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Jujutsu Kaisen <Sorcery Fight> (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=152073)

Mad Pierrot 2023-02-27 07:58

And now the "angel" died too :mad:

Shadow5YA 2023-02-27 10:14

Is Sukuna hinting that it's not the present day Yuuji fighting him right now?

Mad Pierrot 2023-02-27 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 6541090)
Is Sukuna hinting that it's not the present day Yuuji fighting him right now?

I think he is hinting that Fushiguro is somehow restraining him considering he is unable to kill the guy despite hitting him so many times. On the other hand, the angel...:eyespin:

WingedAccelerator 2023-02-27 17:51

Angel is not dead, or rather Hana. Reverse Cursed Technique resurrections happened multiple times.

Megumi hinders Sukuna from the inside, while Sukuna earlier guessed right that Kenjaku got involved in creating Yuuji, the freak. Whether it refers to something else besides his toughness remains to be seen. He healed the fatal wound from Sukuna's impaling punch though, so another case of Reverse Cursed Technique is almost granted.

Mad Pierrot 2023-03-06 06:32

Sukuna... escaped? :twitch:

Kinda crazy considering how cocky is this guy.

WingedAccelerator 2023-03-06 09:27

I thought Kenjaku would merge with Tengen, but maybe Sukuna's escape is due to him being needed there. It was more of a "I don't want to waste time here anymore" kind of escape and in the first place, Uraume forced it on him and he agreed.

Wonder if we see his original, 4-armed peak form getting unleashed by that "bath".

Mad Pierrot 2023-04-11 11:00

Holy! They built up Megumi's sister so much in the series just so Sukuna would make fun of her concepts and kill her. This time it looks like a legit death considering the narration. If Akutami keeps doing it, only maybe Yuta could fight the guy (I mean Gojo is still far away)

Mad Pierrot 2023-04-17 06:27

The latest chapter felt like an Avengers gathering (except half of these might die considering how Akutami treated Tsukumo and Megumi's sis)

WingedAccelerator 2023-04-17 16:48

Depends on the opponent. Doubt Uraume will kill anyone, and I also have my doubts with Kenjaku. Sukuna though? Kashimo is almost guaranteed to be offed by him, but the list could go on pretty quickly. I expect at least 3 casualties.

Mad Pierrot 2023-04-20 06:41

The fandom already spoiled the new chapter!
Spoiler for wow:

Mad Pierrot 2023-04-24 08:04

So the MVP is back. Gojo comes back and makes fun of both Sukuna and Kenjaku

Tactics 2023-04-24 09:31

Kinda curious what will Gege do to balance the scale.

Gojo does add firepower needed to compete but the victory condition is not simply incinerate Kenjaku and Sukuna then everything over. Will Nobara and Todo bring the surprise needed?

WingedAccelerator 2023-04-24 16:49

Gojou is finally back!

Curious to see if some last minute training arc would follow. I awfully want Yuuji to get some sort of Cursed Technique in the late game, or reveal that he truly inherited Sukuna's, which is not only about cutting and mincing.

Ka-el 2023-04-26 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator (Post 6546186)
Gojou is finally back!

Curious to see if some last minute training arc would follow. I awfully want Yuuji to get some sort of Cursed Technique in the late game, or reveal that he truly inherited Sukuna's, which is not only about cutting and mincing.

Yuji eats the other 6 cursed wombs but I don't see him using blood technique, I guess that he will get a boost of cursed energy, since unlike Sukuna who didn't help him at all he will get their cursed energy for himself. So if that's the case he will have a massive boost in cursed energy, which will make him a machine in physical prowess. I mean now he is more or less on the same level as Maki (and Toji) just with a bit of cursed energy, if he gets the amount of a special grade sorcerer his body will become extreme. After all 10% of 15 Sukuna was enough to keep up with him, so he needs a boost in cursed energy to have a body who can withstand the fight.

Also, I guess that the reason why Yuji has not been able to use Sukuna's cursed technique yet is the fact that he didn't have enough cursed energy to use it, gettin the cursed wombs cursed energy could fill the blank in this sense.

Mad Pierrot 2023-05-15 08:52

Man. They sure are confident about Gojo's skills. No wonder he was removed from the Shibuya arc.

Shadow5YA 2023-05-15 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ka-el (Post 6546331)
Yuji eats the other 6 cursed wombs but I don't see him using blood technique, I guess that he will get a boost of cursed energy, since unlike Sukuna who didn't help him at all he will get their cursed energy for himself. So if that's the case he will have a massive boost in cursed energy, which will make him a machine in physical prowess. I mean now he is more or less on the same level as Maki (and Toji) just with a bit of cursed energy, if he gets the amount of a special grade sorcerer his body will become extreme. After all 10% of 15 Sukuna was enough to keep up with him, so he needs a boost in cursed energy to have a body who can withstand the fight.

Also, I guess that the reason why Yuji has not been able to use Sukuna's cursed technique yet is the fact that he didn't have enough cursed energy to use it, gettin the cursed wombs cursed energy could fill the blank in this sense.

I'm pretty sure Yuji has more cursed energy than most other sorcerers. Even if he couldn't use Sukuna's techniques he should've been able to learn at least basic techniques that everyone else knows.

Endscape 2023-05-15 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 6547643)
I'm pretty sure Yuji has more cursed energy than most other sorcerers. Even if he couldn't use Sukuna's techniques he should've been able to learn at least basic techniques that everyone else knows.

The only basic stuff you can learn is basic shikigami summoning via charms, or Simple Domain. There's no point in him learning the former and not everyone knows the latter or are allowed to teach it.

Mad Pierrot 2023-05-29 06:26

Gotta say they exaggerated the fight. They are just blowing up stuff like Dragon Ball Z characters but without a single normal spell.

Ka-el 2023-06-02 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot (Post 6548691)
Gotta say they exaggerated the fight. They are just blowing up stuff like Dragon Ball Z characters but without a single normal spell.

Exaggerated? It was stated clearly that special grade sorcerers are able to destroy a city or even a country on their own, that's the requirement to be classified as a special grade. Yuki's final attack could have literally destroyed the Earth if she didn't prevented it. Gojo himself was stated to be able to wipe out humanity on his own like it was nothing if only he wanted to do so.
Sukuna and Gojo possess an immense amount of cursed energy, one can cut and slash anything and the other controls space-time, it's obvious that the environment will be blown up by their powers. And btw it's not true that they are not using their skills, Sukuna to cut the building used his techinque, Gojo to lift and throw bridges and buildings is using his cursed technique.

Mad Pierrot 2023-06-02 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ka-el (Post 6548996)
Exaggerated? It was stated clearly that special grade sorcerers are able to destroy a city or even a country on their own, that's the requirement to be classified as a special grade. Yuki's final attack could have literally destroyed the Earth if she didn't prevented it. Gojo himself was stated to be able to wipe out humanity on his own like it was nothing if only he wanted to do so.
Sukuna and Gojo possess an immense amount of cursed energy, one can cut and slash anything and the other controls space-time, it's obvious that the environment will be blown up by their powers. And btw it's not true that they are not using their skills, Sukuna to cut the building used his techinque, Gojo to lift and throw bridges and buildings is using his cursed technique.

I preferred the fights were they used strategy, and spells that have an actual effect. The last two chapters were just stuff that made the characters only look cool while coming across with just explosion attacks

Ka-el 2023-06-14 16:29

Spoiler for spoiler 226:

Shadow5YA 2023-06-15 23:12

Sure hope Gojo doesn't get blindsided by Kenjaku again...

Mad Pierrot 2023-07-18 10:33

Weird how the main cast has been reduced to a commentary. Feels like the Digimon reboot. Would have been cool to see them as at least assists like the Saiyan arc from Dragon Ball

WingedAccelerator 2023-07-18 16:17

Well, Gojou most likely won't be able to beat Sukuna, so their time will surely come. I'm not digging the commentary either, but parts of it are necessary.

Shadow5YA 2023-07-18 19:58

Yuji is almost destined to face Sukuna again, so I highly doubt Gojo will be the one to beat him here.

I do hope Gojo will at least be able to do some kind of lasting damage that Sukuna can't recover from, because otherwise this fight will feel like nothing meaningful happened since he was released from the Prison Realm.

Tactics 2023-07-18 20:15

It will be difficult to assist.

Assisting fight against Sukuna? Gojo works best alone and we've seen Sukuna got fair share of AOE attack that even him at 10% can handle Maki and Itadori pretty well, both Jujutsu High monster of physical prowess.

Pursue Kenjaku when Gojo fight Sukuna? That means there's no Plan B in case Sukuna wins. Kenjaku is strong and clever enough to be able to solo Yuki and Choso, scared only to Gojo; single special grade (Yuta or Hakari or Maki) to deal with him won't do.

They're really forced to sit until Gojo vs. Sukuna finish.
Given the new rules of Culling Game, whatever Kenjaku do likely also halted until the winner decided.

Mad Pierrot 2023-07-19 06:24

I know Gojo is op as heck, but already 0 gave Yuta enough build up about him possessing similar powers while Maki pretty much leveled up a lot in the recent arc.

Ka-el 2023-07-26 16:05

Now both of them cannot use Domain Expansion anymore, so they will have to fight in a close quarter until their cursed techniques come back naturally. However Sukuna still has his fire and the parting gift from Yorozu, plus ten shadows and mahoraga wheel on his head to adapt to Gojo's limitless once he gets back his CT so he can use Mahoraga to finish him off. Gojo's now has to come up with a plan to prevent the wheel form spinning, now it's not an immediate problem because he can't use his CT but as soon as he recovers his limitless he needs to finish off Sukuna in one blow and cannot risk to fail any of his attacks.
I have a theory, Gojo will use the inverted spear of heaven to break the wheel or in any other way in this fight, after all nobody know what happened to that cursed tool and it would be a perfect way to deal with Sukuna and maybe even to save Megumi if it can work even on his fingers.

Tactics 2023-07-27 05:16

> Nobody knew what happened ...

Yuki and Tengen told it to Itadori, Yuta and Choso that, after 0, Gojo used his fortune to purchase all curse nullification items (such as ISOH, Black Rope) on black market, halt it production and secure it somewhere (or destroyed it, they don't know) that Yuta recalled him and Miguel can't get any Black Ropes even when they asked elders that produced it.

While it possible he brings ISOH to fight, the best it could do is disable Mahoraga and that still questionable by risk and reward.
The risk? Backfired by either Sukuna get his hand on it or might as well he copied ISOH anti-CE flow properties; ISOH is cursed tool after all.
Man recognized Gojo CT recovery is possible by forced recovery part of brain in a minutes and use it as well, used high-output fire arrow after looking at several Jogo attack, copied Kenjaku cursed item production to change host; part of his fighting style alongside Shrine, no reason he won't do the same to ISOH.

By technicalities, saving Megumi is not within ISOH benefit as it doesn't fix Megumi coma state after Sukuna made him tank UV.

Kanon 2023-08-14 11:54

Caught up to the manga. Lots of great moments I'm looking forward to seeing animated. I wish I had picked up the manga back when the first season ended. My favorite character has to be Maki, I love what the author has done with her. Her single-handedly exterminating the Zen'in clan felt so good since all of them were scumbags.

As for the current battle, it's indeed obvious Gojo will lose but he will most likely deal permanent damage to Sukuna so that Yuji and the rest can finish the job. The one missing finger speculated to be in Gojo's possession is also definitely going to be important.

Right I'm most curious about where the whole Yuji being Kenjaku's son will go. I'm pretty sure Yuji is his masterpiece.

Shadow5YA 2023-08-14 19:49

I think "masterpiece" is a stretch considering considering Kenjaku just updated the Culling Game's rules to end with everyone's deaths except his and Megumi's. It doesn't look like he cares about Yuji's life other than when he was a vessel for Sukuna.

Yuji clearly didn't come from a normal background like he thought he did, but to Kenjaku he was probably nothing more than another failed experiment like Choso.

Kanon 2023-08-15 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 6556211)
I think "masterpiece" is a stretch considering considering Kenjaku just updated the Culling Game's rules to end with everyone's deaths except his and Megumi's. It doesn't look like he cares about Yuji's life other than when he was a vessel for Sukuna.

Yuji clearly didn't come from a normal background like he thought he did, but to Kenjaku he was probably nothing more than another failed experiment like Choso.

Kenjaku has shown more interest in Yuji than his brothers, like the time he thanked Yuji's classmate for being his friend. It's also very suspicious that Yuji worked as a prison rather than a vessel for Sukuna, the original plan might have been to seal Sukuna inside Yuji after Sukuna had done whatever Kenjaku needs him to do.

There are ways to circumvent the rules, like how Yuta got around his binding vow to kill Yuji. Sukuna wasn't there when Kenjaku updated the rules, but if he had found out later Yuji was included among the exceptions, it would have been bad.

Tactics 2023-08-15 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6556237)
Kenjaku has shown more interest in Yuji than his brothers, like the time he thanked Yuji's classmate for being his friend. It's also very suspicious that Yuji worked as a prison rather than a vessel for Sukuna, the original plan might have been to seal Sukuna inside Yuji after Sukuna had done whatever Kenjaku needs him to do.

There are ways to circumvent the rules, like how Yuta got around his binding vow to kill Yuji. Sukuna wasn't there when Kenjaku updated the rules, but if he had found out later Yuji was included among the exceptions, it would have been bad.

Death Paintings are failure for their inability to became more than a lab rat.
Yuji OTOH not only worked as intended (Sukuna prison) but also gradually capable to deal with Death Paintings by himself;

Yuji is better child, but it doesn't mean Kenjaku have to kept Yuji alive unless Yuji comparable enough to other hard requirements of his plan (Tengen, etc.)
This is man who used his CT to manufactured situation so Hanami and Mahito did all the works, exhausted them, after praising Jogo so he wanted to handle Sukuna fingers.

:heh:

Mad Pierrot 2023-08-15 11:54

Considering how Akutami has been killing his characters, I can see Gojo being killed by Sukuna. Still, a shame considering the character was absent for around 10 volumes and he returned to die. At least it can't be worse than Yuki Tsukumo who died in her first fight

Kanon 2023-08-15 18:11

The author is indeed pretty ruthless. Gojo could definitely die, especially given the Jujutsu world is already in complete shambles. Megumi who he hinted could become his equal will probably be the one to rebuild it and work as a deterrent.

Ka-el 2023-08-16 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6556278)
The author is indeed pretty ruthless. Gojo could definitely die, especially given the Jujutsu world is already in complete shambles. Megumi who he hinted could become his equal will probably be the one to rebuild it and work as a deterrent.

He will never become his equal, and this fight proved it even more. Honestly I think that if Gojo dies is because he fails to deliver the final blow to Sukuna at the last second because he hesitate killing Megumi.

Kanon 2023-08-16 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ka-el (Post 6556345)
He will never become his equal, and this fight proved it even more. Honestly I think that if Gojo dies is because he fails to deliver the final blow to Sukuna at the last second because he hesitate killing Megumi.

I think it'll be a clear defeat. We know there is at least one cursed technique at his disposal Sukuna hasn't used yet (the flame one), and he may have more in stock.

Shadow5YA 2023-08-16 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ka-el (Post 6556345)

The fight proved that Mahoraga when used properly can adapt to anything including Gojo's infinite void technique. If Sukuna can do it then Megumi can too.

Gojo isn't really worried about killing Megumi because they can always just revive him with something like Reverse Cursed Technique later. Yuji already died twice before, so...

Tactics 2023-08-16 21:50

Yuji died twice but both his death are quickly handled by RCT experts, on spot, not many stuffs to be concerned about. Megumi though, not only you have to remove Sukuna from him somehow, but also you have to account his brain damage after exposure to UV if you wanted him truly back to the game without losing DE.

:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6556349)
We know there is at least one cursed technique at his disposal Sukuna hasn't used yet (the flame one), and he may have more in stock.

Author already confirmed Sukuna CT consists only three technique, Cleave and Dismantle included, so the fire ones is his last.
Currently speculated to be something related to cooking due to Sukuna habit of using cooking terms for his CT explanation (e.g. Cleave and Dismantle are different kitchen knife, referring Gojo as nameless fish rather than more commonly used small fish)

Shadow5YA 2023-08-20 15:09

I think the writing is on the wall for Gojo even if he does win, because like Kenjaku said he's free to pick everyone off while they're all preoccupied with Sukuna.

By the time this fight is over I doubt Gojo will have the energy left to defend himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactics (Post 6556369)
Author already confirmed Sukuna CT consists only three technique, Cleave and Dismantle included, so the fire ones is his last.

Where? Do you have a source for this?