AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kokoro Connect [anime] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107876)

MisaoFan 2012-03-18 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeniselv (Post 4058192)
from the looks of the PV i was guessing A1, but i doubt it, not beign an aniplex productions.

There's some A-1's titles that aren't produced by Aniplex, like Fairy Tail and UtaPri.

Valky 2012-04-01 06:02

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...taff-announced

It's airing in summer.

SILVERLINK is the studio in charge. I guess they'll make it C3/Baka-Test like?

OceanBlue 2012-04-01 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valky (Post 4085462)
I guess they'll make it C3/Baka-Test like?

Well, there go all of my impressions from the PV.

I'm sure it'll be interesting, but this is almost a 180 from what I first expected. :heh:

Pocari_Sweat 2012-04-01 09:07

About frakken time Shin Oonuma got his hands on a decent source (assuming he's directing it since he pretty directs all of Silver Link's anime). Ever since ef tale of memories/melodies, this guy has done nothing noteworthy for me - Baka Test, C3, the upcoming Amenisa something anime. Only bad thing is the K-on like designs... Please don't chipmunkify it Oonuma.

Now to prod 0utf0xzer0 about the good news..

blakstealth 2012-04-01 13:47

The character designs are like the best part. ;__;

Pocari_Sweat 2012-04-01 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakstealth (Post 4086131)

I'm sorry but a fair few people don't like chipmunks...

Shimapan 2012-04-01 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakstealth (Post 4086131)

Yes, chara designs look pretty good, no matter what the haters say :p
With that body-switch story, it sounds like it's going to be interesting as well :D

Ithekro 2012-04-02 01:51

I would point out that when people speak you can usually see their top teeth. The degree that is shown varies based on lighting, person, and words used.

black_star 2012-04-02 02:39

Is it just me or does it seem that Iori's character design look alike to Yui?
If so, it's DOUBLE COMBO to Aki-chan. And I wish that they have the same voice character (you know, a bit high-pitched).

And Himeko just looked like Mio. My goodness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4086573)

And it doesn't include me.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-04-02 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_star (Post 4087046)
Is it just me or does it seem that Iori's character design look alike to Yui?
If so, it's DOUBLE COMBO to Aki-chan. And I wish that they have the same voice.

And Himeko just looked like Mio. My goodness.

Considering the original artist for the character designs for the Kokoro Connect LN is the same as K-on, no it's not surprising :p

winhlp32 2012-04-02 03:06

LN volume 1(no spoilers):

Went through the first volume of this a while ago. If I had to compare it to something...it would be Dawson's Creek? In the sense that the characters are typical teenage kids in maturity, but are much more smart, articulate and verbose than the anime norm. Two of the leading female characters in particular are very smart, and they go on and on about ontology and the like. The romance in the book are also handled maturely, more like how real teenagers would approach romance (part of this is attributed to the fact that the guys and girls actually think about sex) than how most anime teenagers would. The characters, despite their "maturity" are still very likeable and adorable. Needless to say, I find the characters very well done.

The supernatural part is what makes this series a bit wonky. I won't say much more than this cause anymore would be spoiling.

So in short, I can vouch for the source material being in my opinion pretty good(the first volume anyway). Its no K-On! that's for sure.

Tyabann 2012-04-02 03:55

Let's hope they don't ruin it then.

teja208 2012-04-02 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 4087076)
LN volume 1(no spoilers):

Went through the first volume of this a while ago. If I had to compare it to something...it would be Dawson's Creek? In the sense that the characters are typical teenage kids in maturity, but are much more smart, articulate and verbose than the anime norm. Two of the leading female characters in particular are very smart, and they go on and on about ontology and the like. The romance in the book are also handled maturely, more like how real teenagers would approach romance (part of this is attributed to the fact that the guys and girls actually think about sex) than how most anime teenagers would. The characters, despite their "maturity" are still very likeable and adorable. Needless to say, I find the characters very well done.

The supernatural part is what makes this series a bit wonky. I won't say much more than this cause anymore would be spoiling.

So in short, I can vouch for the source material being in my opinion pretty good(the first volume anyway). Its no K-On! that's for sure.

Now I'm interested. :)
Three questions:
1. Contains short stories or one whole story in a book?
2. First person or third person?
3. Dialogue heavy? (e.g. Haruhi/Bakemonogatari)

Chaos2Frozen 2012-04-02 07:06

You can have a slight taste of it in the two manga chapters that are out ;)

Even from that small sample, I concur with winhlp's description... Particularly the Supernatural part :heh: I'm not entirely sure if it's a necessary inclusion :heh: But yes, the two lead girls are very cute in their own way :)

Pocari_Sweat 2012-04-02 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4087342)
You can have a slight taste of it in the two manga chapters that are out ;)

Even from that small sample, I concur with winhlp's description... Particularly the Supernatural part :heh: I'm not entirely sure if it's a necessary inclusion :heh: But yes, the two lead girls are very cute in their own way :)

Anime loves to put "random" elements in their slice of lifes for some reason. For example Ano Natsu. Standalone it's a pretty good romance/comedy/drama but for some reason they put in random sci-fi elements. Key and Anohana love to play with the supernatural in the form of ghosts. There's even a random element in Bungaku Shoujo. Not sure why anime does this tbh, since all of the mentioned animes would have done perfectly without these elements.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-04-02 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4087343)
Anime loves to put "random" elements in their slice of lifes for some reason. For example Ano Natsu. Standalone it's a pretty good romance/comedy/drama but for some reason they put in random sci-fi elements. Key and Anohana love to play with the supernatural in the form of ghosts. There's even a random element in Bungaku Shoujo. Not sure why anime does this tbh, since all of the mentioned animes would have done perfectly without these elements.

It adds a bit of mystery and unknown to the story plus it allows for some unique scenario. Mind you some people do like that.

But of course, I'm only 2 chapters in so I'm not the best person to get an opinion on this. If I were to guess what part the body switching element would play, I suppose it could be used to get two characters to 'learn more about the other' by living their life through their eyes... Literally :heh:

Pocari_Sweat 2012-04-02 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4087352)
It adds a bit of mystery and unknown to the story plus it allows for some unique scenario. Mind you some people do like that.

Well Key's use of supernatural just completely destroys it for me, which is why to this very day there is not a single Key adaptation yet where I have considered the ending "solid". After Story being the worst offender.

Ano Natsu's sci fi elements were REALLY distracting initially, but then I got use to it and simply ignored it. It helped in that it was mainly used for comedic purposes (lol @ Men in Black references) but then it hit in full force in its later eps where it comes to hurt the progression once again.

Bungaku Shojo's revelation was just wtf. Anohana's was a dissappointment but in the end it ended well given the path they took.

More often than not, supernatural elements in slice of life animes for me tend to ruin it rather than enhance it.

I'm hoping Kokoro Connect's isn't overwhelming unlike some of these I mentioned because I'm really looking forward to Shin Oonuma to actually deliver something high tier since his peak days of ef tale of memories (and melodies, though this was inferior to memories).

winhlp32 2012-04-02 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by teja208 (Post 4087335)
Now I'm interested. :)
Three questions:
1. Contains short stories or one whole story in a book?
2. First person or third person?
3. Dialogue heavy? (e.g. Haruhi/Bakemonogatari)

1. Short stories which build up to a climax.
2. Third person.
3. Definitely lots of dialogue, but not in the "info-dump" kind of manner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4087352)
If I were to guess what part the body switching element would play, I suppose it could be used to get two characters to 'learn more about the other' by living their life through their eyes... Literally :heh:

Not just the eyes, man. Not just the eyes... :heh:

In Kokoro Connect, the supernatural stuff really kept the light-hearted parts fun and entertaining throughout the book. The whole switching-around thingy allows these emotionally-baggaged teenagers to open up and confide in each other. But to use it for drama...

blakstealth 2012-04-02 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4086573)

I can respect that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimapan (Post 4086802)
Yes, chara designs look pretty good, no matter what the haters say :p
With that body-switch story, it sounds like it's going to be interesting as well :D

It makes me melt inside. x3

Fabrice 2012-04-02 22:23

Shimo, Fumihiko is in charge of the scrip so this series should be going in the right direction.