AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kanon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Kanon - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36890)

xris 2006-11-05 18:48

Since there seems to be two different requirements for a Speculation thread, I've created two threads.

One is for first time viewers, no spoilers are allowed in this thread.
Kanon - Speculation & Theories thread

The other is for experienced viewers, spoilers from the game or from the eariler 2002 series are allowed.
Kanon - Spoilers & Speculation

Lost 2006-11-06 10:02

Thank you. I got a shock when I wandered into the wrong thread. Didnt pay attention to thread titles. :heh:

xris 2006-11-06 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost (Post 731310)
Thank you. I got a shock when I wandered into the wrong thread. Didnt pay attention to thread titles. :heh:

Yes, I was wondering if I should add something more to the thread titles.

Kanon - Speculation & Theories thread (for first time viewers)

Kanon - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Kanonites only)

Lost 2006-11-06 10:47

Oh yes, that would be much better!

orion 2006-11-11 08:00

If a specific ONE thread isn't a good idea, then how about a sticky or a section in the Q&A thread for both MOON and ONE. Both had cameos according to the episode threads (where I got the MOON link thanks to MakubeX2). ONE is definitely relevant to Kanon2k6. MOON looks like something is relevant to Kanon2k6 also, but I can only get info via babelfish so it's sketchy. Both are historical links to Kanon.

Most of us know about Air, but loads of us know nothing about those 2 games.

xris 2006-11-11 12:07

Ah wonderful, links to a Japanese Wiki page that doesn't even have pictures to give me a hint as to what it's about :D

I take it these are references to games. Is there a reason why the existing Kanon Game thread can't be used if you wish to discuss this within the context of Kanon. I don't see there is going to be a large demand for separate threads (or thread).

Theclow 2006-11-11 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 736650)
If a specific ONE thread isn't a good idea, then how about a sticky or a section in the Q&A thread for both MOON and ONE. Both had cameos according to the episode threads (where I got the MOON link thanks to MakubeX2). ONE is definitely relevant to Kanon2k6. MOON looks like something is relevant to Kanon2k6 also, but I can only get info via babelfish so it's sketchy. Both are historical links to Kanon.

Most of us know about Air, but loads of us know nothing about those 2 games.

Well it's weird because basicly ONE, AIR, Kanon, and MOON all revolve around each other.

orion 2006-11-11 12:26

Maybe they were worried about copyright infringement. ;) The other links I have are for the Tactics website (Japanese). Since these are eroge, I didn't think that you'd want it posted.

I didn't see a demand for another thread either after my ONE post in an episode thread didn't receive a huge response. That's why I was wondering about a post in the Q&A thread to explain those games. General info for those who may be wondering what the big deal was. English language only members won't have a clue about these 2 games or its relationship to Kanon. More knowledgeable Japanese language members were prob all over it. Hence, I thought that the FAQ section would be a better area for general info for everybody and if the game thread wanted to compare them then they could (spoilers away).

The only "clean" ONE site in English that I could find is here. kj1980 did a small section here for ONE and Kanon.

xris 2006-11-11 12:45

Sorry, I misunderstood. Are you asking for a post to be made in the Kanon FAQ to explain these two games? I think it's a fine idea, if someone thinks they can do it justice then please go ahead and make the post.

orion 2006-11-11 13:41

Yep. That's what I'm asking. That way everybody learns stuff. If they want to discuss it in the game thread, then they can. That's spoiler territory anyway and 1st timers wouldn't probably go there for the info.

I had to pick up my cat's insulin from the vet before he closed. Sorry for the delay.

Rengemaru 2006-12-03 06:51

I'm wondering if there could be a poll for "Your Favorite Kanon Girl" since it's a semi-harem style anime. But if it's not welcomed then please delete this post >_>

orion 2006-12-03 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rengemaru (Post 757258)
I'm wondering if there could be a poll for "Your Favorite Kanon Girl" since it's a semi-harem style anime. But if it's not welcomed then please delete this post >_>

Kanon is not even "semi-harem style". Oh, the wars that could erupt here from such a poll. :heh:

xris 2006-12-03 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rengemaru (Post 757258)

I've been waiting for someone to request such a poll :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 757264)
Kanon is not even "semi-harem style". Oh, the wars that could erupt here from such a poll. :heh:

I don't see that it's going to be any worse than other "favourite" posts, at least I hope it won't be :eyebrow:

Questions
* Should it be "Favourite Girl" or "Favourite Character"? I would prefer a favourite character poll than just favourite girl. Note: the poll will be multiple choice BTW so you can include more than just one vote.

* I assume it will be a "Kanon 2006" poll. Are there characters who have appeared in the Kanon 2002 series or the game who haven't appeared in the current Kanon 2006 series? Could this cause problems (spoiler wise).

* Can someone supply a complete list of names, I might not be familiar with all the characters not having watched the 2002 series or played the game.

nani 2006-12-03 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 757295)
* I assume it will be a "Kanon 2006" poll. Are there characters who have appeared in the Kanon 2002 series or the game who haven't appeared in the current Kanon 2006 series? Could this cause problems (spoiler wise).

* Can someone supply a complete list of names, I might not be familiar with all the characters not having watched the 2002 series or played the game.

All the major characters had already appeared in the 2006 version, so I don't think there will be any spoiler problem.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7425/2072zo0.th.jpg

Top left to right :
Jun, Kaori, Shiori, Mishio, Sayuri, Mai

Bottom left to right :
Ayu, Nayuki, the jam, Akiko, Piro, Makoto

Note : Family names are left out deliberately.

orion 2006-12-03 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 757295)
I've been waiting for someone to request such a poll :)

I don't see that it's going to be any worse than other "favourite" posts, at least I hope it won't be :eyebrow:

Questions
* Should it be "Favourite Girl" or "Favourite Character"? I would prefer a favourite character poll than just favourite girl. Note: the poll will be multiple choice BTW so you can include more than just one vote.

Yeah, a favorite character poll would decrease the likelihood of battles. If you don't believe me, then look thru the General thread for past skirmishes. Don't forget Piro (the cat) for the poll.

A favorite character poll would also make it less bittersweet since the capacity for bad things to happen is great in this title with the first one about ready to conclude. See ep. 9 thread for details.

xris 2006-12-03 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by nani (Post 757359)
All the major characters had already appeared in the 2006 version, so I don't think there will be any spoiler problem.

Thanks for that info. I'll have a look at Wiki (for the full names) and create a poll soon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 757613)
Yeah, a favorite character poll would decrease the likelihood of battles. If you don't believe me, then look thru the General thread for past skirmishes. Don't forget Piro (the cat) for the poll.

We (the Mods and Admin) will try and make sure that any sort of canvasing or campaigning is discouraged :)

BTW, thanks to nani for the idea of including "the Jam", that's a great idea :) So I'll include Piro and Akiko's Jam in the poll, any objections? (That last question is aimed for all, not just the above two posters).

felix 2006-12-03 17:09

@ xris: So I'll include Piro and Akiko's Jam in the poll, any objections?

Please do :) couldn't imagine one without.

Meophist 2006-12-03 17:35

The only other characters I can think of that can go in would be the Taiyaki shop owner and the dog.

felix 2006-12-03 17:43

Haha.. are you saying that because they'll be important later on? or something..

Well I personally don't feel anything special for them.. but I do like Piro and Akiko's Jam (lol.. that sounds so wrong in a way xD)

Anacone 2006-12-03 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by nani (Post 757359)

Top left to right :
Jun, Kaori, Shiori, Mishio, Sayuri, Mai

Bottom left to right :
Ayu, Nayuki, the jam, Akiko, Piro, Makoto

Note : Family names are left out deliberately.

But where is Yuiichi? :confused: He is too good looking :heh:? So Random guy got in picture...