AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   General Eroge Impressions & Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15025)

Garylisk 2004-06-11 17:39

Long ago, I got hooked on a H game called "Season of the Sakura" - but it's for DOS. It worked with some tweaking in Win98, but I don't think it'll work on 2K or XP... so it looks like it's lost forever. Unless someone finally makes a good XP dos emulator that'll run it.

In any case, it was a great game :)

kj1980 2004-06-11 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garylisk
Long ago, I got hooked on a H game called "Season of the Sakura" - but it's for DOS. It worked with some tweaking in Win98, but I don't think it'll work on 2K or XP... so it looks like it's lost forever. Unless someone finally makes a good XP dos emulator that'll run it.

なつかしすぎ。。。

Wasn't that the 1996 PC98 game from Tiara that so blatantly ripped-off characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kaitou Saint Tail, and Magic Knight Rayearth? I was surprised that this wasn't pulled off the shelf nor was sued for copyright infringement.

DingoEnderZOE2 2004-06-12 00:15

Season of the Sakura huh. I remember that game.Heres my opinion of it:

The knock offs are badly drawn.

The translated Dialogue was bad.

The characters aren't really funny.

the artwork is were bad and they looked even worse during the H scenes.

The "clicking on every option to move on" thing got really really annoying.

And the game is really boring and easily forgotten.

I understand its an old game but still this is what I had to say about it.

Omegatek2 2004-06-12 00:22

I'd definitely go for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien... but I cant read it. But if we try we can change that (refer to my little crusade ^_^;)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14330

Kana ~Imouto was pretty good too, and I think I'll try crescendo too.

Carrackus 2004-06-12 00:28

Bravesoul :)

AG3 2004-06-12 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garylisk

JAST USA Memorial Collection; with improved Windows (XP compatible) versions of Season of the Sakura, 3 Sisters Story and Runaway City, $25 + shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
なつかしすぎ。。。

Wasn't that the 1996 PC98 game from Tiara that so blatantly ripped-off characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kaitou Saint Tail, and Magic Knight Rayearth? I was surprised that this wasn't pulled off the shelf nor was sued for copyright infringement.

Indeed.

dont 2004-06-12 06:51

GINIRO(silver) by nekoneko soft have been ENGLISH SUB

but none talk about it there? @_@
http://www.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/title/GinIro/index.htm

zalas 2004-06-13 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultradef
My first post :)

I've been watching this thread and I figure some of you guys may be able to make some recommendations to me. I haven't played many games in the last few years (I haven't gone to Japan much since '99). I'm looking for some sim/rpg ero-games, but I really haven't got a clue with all the new companies. While I do like story games, I was really a big fan of games like Dragon Knight 4, Toushin Toshi 2, Kichikuoh Rance and other wargames/RPGs. Are there any recent titles in the same vein?

You might be interested in what Studio e.go! has been doing. Their games tend to be less of a visual novel and feature slightly more gameplay. For example, Vagrants is an RPG (the non-H stuff is pretty good, I just didn't like the H stuff. Looked like they just stuck it in because they needed an H-game)

kvant 2004-06-13 20:15

Cresendo was nice.

Dementium 2004-06-14 10:55

Well....i won't get dragged into that war of wors...:)
But i found crescendo to be really nice...especially the Yuka storyline...that was really sad...
Kango shicyauzo 2 is ok too
had some really funny dialogues.....
But my fave is still true love....a VERY old game:)

Lina Inverse 2004-06-15 22:41

Due to the bad avaiability of H-games over here, I haven't played much of them :heh:
Here's my little list:

Tokimeki Check-In
Legend of Fairies
Fairy Nights
Private Nurse
X-Change

DarkCntry 2004-06-16 02:22

Currently, considering I don't really play the games often, I'd have to say KGNE (gee, who would've thought that :P)...I just love being able to control the flow of one of my favorite animes in a way that I feel it should go.

One day I may want to be with Haruka, another Mitsuki, and then maybe on another Ayu is my choice :P Can't beat that :)

Sadly I would've rathered it be a non ero so there was more of a chance of an english translation...it gets pretty difficult to go on broken Japanese and Engrish :P Not to mention I "fast-foward" most of the h-scenes anyways. :heh:

Zephronite 2004-06-16 02:25

Scratch that. Pure Pure is my favourite game now. Nekomimi and inumimi calling you 'Goshudin-sama', man this game is moe moe overload.

Small screenie.
http://sapporo.cool.ne.jp/zephro/pp2.JPG

DingoEnderZOE2 2004-06-16 02:31

Hmmm Lolicon alert Lolicon alert.

And about Kimi ga Nozomu's Translatons I feel it would be best if a Censored AND an Uncensored version was released. That way the censored version could be easily brought in stores.(I bet there would be a whole lot of "What the hell is this" Comments aimed directly at the game if someone were to find it in a place like Gamestop.)And the uncensored can be used for people who doesn't have a problem with a lil bit of H in their games and feel more confortable with ordering.

DarkCntry 2004-06-16 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Hmmm Lolicon alert Lolicon alert.

And about Kimi ga Nozomu's Translatons I feel it would be best if a Censored AND an Uncensored version was released. That way the censored version could be easily brought in stores.(I bet there would be a whole lot of "What the hell is this" Comments aimed directly at the game if someone were to find it in a place like Gamestop.)And the uncensored can be used for people who doesn't have a problem with a lil bit of H in their games and feel more confortable with ordering.

If only that were to happen though...sadly with the US's outlook on adult games, geeze, you're hard-pressed to go a day without hearing of some M-rated game causing another kid to shoot his classmate... Considering the ESRB, AO would be the rating KGNE would get and unfortunetly, that's a death sentence here...as there are no game retailers who will sell AO games. That's why I figured a censored, h-sceneless version, would be the only viable way to see it sold state-side :(

Thany 2004-06-16 07:18

Quote:

You don't seem to know the difference between censored and uncensored :p
If a non h-version is released, they'll just cut all the h-scene and that's not really called censoring :D
As for my current favorite h-game it would be Turupeta, I have something for rpgs :p

cercia_highelf 2004-06-16 08:05

Hi
I love Castle Fantasia, and all Studio Ego stuff because it's drawn by Kazue!!!!

bluemist 2004-06-16 08:14

Censored: It's the original Japanese version of the ero-game. Apparently Japan has certain rules which disallow showing of 'some' parts of the body, and so ero-games all have censorship.

Uncensored: It's when an American company ports the ero-game for the American audience. They apparently uncensor those parts.

Non-H: It's when the ero-game gets ported over to the consoles.

As far as I can see, because of the US making the ero-games even more erotic by uncensoring it, I don't think they have the guts to reverse the process and removing all the H content.

Angela Sanctisstessa 2004-06-16 08:32

Zephronite
we live in the same country....where can i buy those games??

Zephronite 2004-06-16 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
Zephronite
we live in the same country....where can i buy those games??

Err, as you know, they aren't available for purchase here. I get mine through 'alternate means'.