AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Muv-Luv Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Survival In A BETA-infested World (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115571)

greensoulreaper 2012-10-17 12:30

What if I just threw some snacks at a BETA...would they eat it? hehe...If that worked, then I could get away anytime when I'm in a pinch. Toss some snacks, create a distraction. lol.

Wild Goose 2012-10-17 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeriand (Post 4400657)
WildGoose, I'm a Malaysian and I can tell you that I don't think the MSians or Indonesians could ever hold themselves against any squadron of BETA that has Laser Class in it... ever. :heh: If anything, the BETA will overlook them simply because they're way too weak to be noticed...

Let's not forget the communication issues. Thai, Bahasa Indon, Bahasa Malaysia, Cantonese, Tagalog and Singlish all mixing together. And that's before you factor in Australian English. You can't get any shit done because nobody understands each other.

Then again maybe the standard of English in Malaysia will be higher than what it is right now, given that there probably won't be the sayang BM campaing by Min Education...

Btw fyi, I'm Sabahan. I've also been told that that doesn't count as being Malaysian, lol. :p

Having said that, looking at the debacle with the Adnan AFV (no contract for spare parts, relying only on 1-year manufacturing warranty), in my fanfic idea set in the mid 90s, the pratagonist RMAF pilots had their F-18 squadron grounded due to lack of spares, and very nearly sold Siti Nurhaliza to the Australians in exchange for spare parts. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrulnin (Post 4400667)
Oi oi.. Wait a minute,Zeriand the battle is far from over you know. I'm a Malaysian too and to give up a fight just like that it's a cowards way. Malaysia Boleh!!. But I do kinda agree with the military strength that all three nation have....

Like I posted above, coordination is going to be an issue. SG might give a good accounting of themselves, since they have the knowledge base and educated population.

NorthernFallout 2012-10-17 15:57

Interesting thread.

For myself, I will readily say I have no weapons/military training whatsoever and would be completely fucked if it actually happened. That's why I would adopt a Nomadic/Run-the-fuck-away lifestyle. Seeing how BETA can't float, and what I do have is sailing experience, boats should be pretty safe from attacks if you aren't close to shore (unless I'm missing something, feel free to point it out). When I think about it, it would be the very much same tactics for a zombie apocalypse, only you can't move about on land as easily.

It somewhat annoys me though that there is so little info regarding Scandinavia in Alternative (hence my quite inaccurate portrayal with the Wolfskulls). The winters and the landscape itself should act as natural barriers, or at least be capable of slowing down, the BETA, and the countless inland large lakes should provide temporary sanctuaries during the summer months.

Otoh, if I would be forced into military service, I would not survive half a minute in a combat situation, so I would much rather be Logistics/Support... At least I can drive.

Azrulnin 2012-10-18 01:29

In this world should civilian allowed to carry weapons? At least like AK-47 or something. I mean during evacuatian everything can happend. At least it can be used to shot a soldier class.... (if you can)

NoemiChan 2012-10-18 04:30

http://i.imgur.com/UlXhS.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrulnin (Post 4401613)
At least like AK-47 or something.

yankky5 2012-10-18 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrulnin (Post 4401613)
In this world should civilian allowed to carry weapons? At least like AK-47 or something. I mean during evacuatian everything can happend. At least it can be used to shot a soldier class.... (if you can)

Nah a Thumper would be more effective. BTW if BETA's cant swim woudnt be fisher man be the next best thing for survival well given you dont catch any big game

Dragonkid11 2012-10-18 06:31

Beta can somehow control their density to float and sink,a ship was fucked in this way

yankky5 2012-10-18 06:41

^really?? first time i heard of it on what series was that showed

Azrulnin 2012-10-18 06:44

Crap i forgot about destoyer class and all BETA that is bigger than human size....

In other words staying in the middle of the sea is out then. Man where the heck can we go??

NoemiChan 2012-10-18 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrulnin (Post 4401866)
Crap i forgot about destoyer class and all BETA that is bigger than human size....

In other words staying in the middle of the sea is out then. Man where the heck can we go??

Himalayas.... The area is hard to reach...:uhoh:

dmaxzero 2012-10-18 07:40

Just a question, while I did play the trilogy, I havent got my eyes in the other stuff. besides the type-99 cannon, is there some other energy form weaponry, or development of some type?

If I could get my TFS, a light armored one with high mobility, probably configurated with several tridimensional thrusters, wearing a couple of energy blade in each arm, I ll go solo wiping BETAS.
And of course a G-bomb in my system, so when I die, the machine goes off in a glorious display of firepower. I dont need to be remembered, just let me enjoy myself slicing BETAS with my energy blades.

NoemiChan 2012-10-18 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 (Post 4401848)
Beta can somehow control their density to float and sink,a ship was fucked in this way

A Destroyer Class could float by taking in air....

...they sink themselves by farting....

Dragonkid11 2012-10-18 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4401915)
A Destroyer Class could float by taking in air....

...they sink themselves by farting....

Ya,thought so.

I just wonder how did they do it while being UNDERWATER,because that will take quite awhile.They probably ambushed the ship

kaizerknight01 2012-10-18 08:34

@ Genji ....Hmmm I don't remember that happening in MLU/A .... can you share some info which ML series it happen .... I only know that they walk on the seabed or they tunnel trough ...

Azrulnin 2012-10-18 08:40

A Destroyer Class could float??. I never knew that...:confused: I know that they walk or tunneling underground... but float on water??

NoemiChan 2012-10-18 08:41

Really guys..... that was just a joke... :eyebrow:

Do you think a person or an animal,could sink by farting and float by breathing?!:twitch:

Can't believed you fell for that..:heh:

Anyway,could BETA fart can kill?

Dragonkid11 2012-10-18 08:57

Erm....actually,I kind of read it some somewhere that Beta can selectively float and sink in water......

Somewhere...maybe I remembered wrong though

NoemiChan 2012-10-18 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 (Post 4401988)
Erm....actually,I kind of read it some somewhere that Beta can selectively float and sink in water......

Somewhere...maybe I remembered wrong though

Was farting mentioned?:heh:

kaizerknight01 2012-10-18 09:19

If the destroyer class some sort of ballast system of submarines , i thought some of them evolved to have it ..... if a joke it okay no harm done anyway ...link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballast_tank

Dragonkid11 2012-10-18 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4401993)
Was farting mentioned?:heh:

No,no farting mentioned

I started to remember a manga page of warship getting attacked by BETA in the middle of a freaking ocean

And I also remember before that page Marimo-chan was teaching Takeru and the squad about BETA with a image of BETA walking under the ocean floor is seen

Hmm..........

Fuck,I'm now start to think like stoopid version of Takeru,the heck is happening