AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index - Character Discussion - Kanzaki Kaori (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74835)

tsunade666 2010-05-16 17:27

His black wings can rival the strength given to a saint when they activate their selves. Though it's hard to say. Kaori is one of the specialize saints and her magic is greatly vast than your ordinary mage and add it up that she is a SAINT.

Though all and all. There are only 20 saints in the world and only 3 saints are reveal. And their strengths can rival a countries military power or in the novel's comparison they ARE the countries military power.

shmaster 2010-05-17 02:11

Still, I don't think Kaori stands much chance against Black Wing mode.
Her magic is most likely getting disrupted by Accelerator's AIM. And Kaori really has no way to defend against his unknown vector attacks.

tsunade666 2010-05-17 02:33

Your right about that one. Even Qatzel or what ever you spell it is having a rough time in front of overwhelming AIM force of Accel. But Kaori is still strong plus had tons of variations attack and she did hold her ground against an angel. Though her usual attacks will just be bounce of by Accel. She still has lots of magic spells in store plus a power up saint isn't to be laugh about.

Chaos2Frozen 2010-05-17 02:53

but what exactly can she do? Anybody has the details from vol 4 or 16 or the SS? I'm curious to know her other attacks...

tsunade666 2010-05-17 08:10

I don't know..... I don't even a clue but her new dress is something related to her new found magic. The rituals for the magic of amakusa is just too bizzare for me.

Marcus H. 2010-05-17 08:17

I think she added some clothes because she might need to cast Amakusa's defensive magic, which transfers incoming damage to her clothes.

*I wonder what happens when Itsuwa, who already has skimpy clothing to start, uses that kind of magic... >:]*

tsunade666 2010-05-17 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3051707)
*I wonder what happens when Itsuwa, who already has skimpy clothing to start, uses that kind of magic... >:]*

Nosebleeds really hard............ I'm dead.

Well they did say that the amakusa's dress and accesories are related to their magic. It's some kind of ritual like what they did in vol 7 which is the only one translated yet. That we can see the amakusa in action.

Though before Kanzaki had alrady skimpy clothing and the only thing I see as different is the jacket.... made for extra defense? she has good offense to begin with and be either melee or magical.

Miraluka 2010-05-17 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3051707)
I think she added some clothes because she might need to cast Amakusa's defensive magic, which transfers incoming damage to her clothes.

Heeeeyyyyy!!!! Defensive clothing damage :heh:.

Marcus H. 2010-05-17 09:39

"Amakusa's defensive spell is like playing strip poker. You can lose more... but only if you have more clothes to sacrifice."

Itsuwa's clothes ain't helping.
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp76.jpg

Miraluka 2010-05-17 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 3051773)
"Amakusa's defensive spell is like playing strip poker. You can lose more... but only if you have more clothes to sacrifice."

Itsuwa's clothes ain't helping.
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp76.jpg

*Can't contain the nosebleeds anymore*
Well, thats the clothes she used in France.

tsunade666 2010-05-17 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 3051788)

ah remember wilfi.... the amakusa sacrifice clothes for their magic and I just remember on what itsuwa sacrifice to tried on destroying the document that they are ordered to destroyed....... just remembering it is giving me headaches and nosebleeds :frustrated::frustrated:

Master Assassin 2010-05-17 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 3051788)

... Let's not talk...

Spoiler for ... about...:

... because I think we need Itsuwa thread here. And many others.

Back to Kaori.

Quote:

Still, I don't think Kaori stands much chance against Black Wing mode.
Her magic is most likely getting disrupted by Accelerator's AIM. And Kaori really has no way to defend against his unknown vector attacks.
I think she does have a chance. She's still physically stronger than Accelerator, and if during the fighting she somehow manages to pinpoint Accelerator's weakness she should be able to take down his defenses first. And the first blow she'll ever connect to him properly will be fatal to him.

shmaster 2010-05-18 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3051519)
but what exactly can she do? Anybody has the details from vol 4 or 16 or the SS? I'm curious to know her other attacks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 3051892)
I think she does have a chance. She's still physically stronger than Accelerator, and if during the fighting she somehow manages to pinpoint Accelerator's weakness she should be able to take down his defenses first. And the first blow she'll ever connect to him properly will be fatal to him.

Let's answer both of these together.

Kaori has three type of offense: 1. Nanasen, 2. Yuichisen, 3, magic from Nanasen
Nanasen is her commonly known wire attack. Yuchisen is her ultimate move that uses her katana. Kaori is also be able to cast spells by constructing various 3 dimensional magic circle by using Nanasen.
Basically, in a fight with Kaori, she can overwhelms you from 360 degree. Wires, the magic from the wires, then herself. There is no escape from her unless you can do the same.
But her offense 1 and 2 is also the reason why I think Accelerator is a bad match for her. Nanasen and Yuichisen both requires physical contact. As long as physical contact is involved, there really is nothing to stop Accelerator from reflecting it. So offense 3 becomes her only reliable way of attack. But consider Accelerator's overwhelming AIM in black wing mode, it'll at least take a while for Kaori to break through it with her magic. On the other hand, it is game over for Kaori as soon as Accelerator applies the unknown vector on to her.

I think the key of the battle is to pin down Accelerator before he has a chance to go into black wing mode. Barrage him with enough magic to keep his calculation occupied, then knock him down in a single blow with Yuichisen.

tsunade666 2010-05-18 01:16

thanks for the answeres shmaster it really helps.

So even as a saint. her strength is tremendous but it's just a missmatch for the two because her ability requires mostly physical contact and more likely a close range battle would occur.

Miraluka 2010-05-19 11:44

Looks like in the end the one who gets the upper hand is the one who strike first without failing.

mangatron 2010-10-09 04:52

phone post

Ah Kanzaki-chan. Can't get enough of that ponytail. Say guy, can I have her? Just for this season? There's a real lack of hot ponytail girls this season :heh:

Accelerator vs Kanzaki, eh...

tsunade666 2010-10-09 10:49

mangatron............... your really love girls with long ponytail.

I'm not into nee-chan type and more into loli type.

Hell_ping 2010-10-09 10:58

Haiz, at the rate we're going, we're going end up having a saimoe just for the TAMnI universe.

PS: Wondering if they're going to come up with something like Ore no Onee-sama/Nee-chan ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai?

tsunade666 2010-10-09 11:27

their isn't sane person who would think from first glance that Kaori isn't cute at all.

Saimoe for tamni verse.... maybe we should appeal from the mods good idea their with tamni verse tons of hot and cute girls we can form a saimoe poll for it

Master Assassin 2010-10-09 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 3289019)
Haiz, at the rate we're going, we're going end up having a saimoe just for the TAMnI universe.

PS: Wondering if they're going to come up with something like Ore no Onee-sama/Nee-chin ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai?

Sorry, can't resist.

Although, it seems that only Tsuchimikado would call her Nee-chin... so yeah.