AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kill La Kill (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Kill La Kill General Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119412)

aohige 2013-10-23 04:10

Mako is the best character of the season.

Candyshark 2013-10-23 05:13

As far fanart goes it seems green haired guy and marching band uniform chick Nonon caught plenty of attention.

Mako should participate in fighting she takes absurd amount of beating without having a scratch. Such talent should not be wasted.

ZabiLegacy 2013-10-23 05:39

WHich is weird because marching band girl has all of one line of dialouge in the series so far.

Gan_HOPE326 2013-10-23 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephis (Post 4881217)
Seriously I love Mako's reactions too hilarious XD

http://i.imgur.com/glbuh8j.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaRealist (Post 4881328)
More evidence for the yuri shippers :heehee:

Lol, I thought the same :heh:. It's amazing and kinda cute how she takes care of her :). Also Mako is definitely too obsessed with Ryuko's boobs :heh:.

I, for one, welcome our new scissor-wielding teenage lesbian overlords.

ZabiLegacy 2013-10-23 06:47

I just noticed the way that mako's hair bounces when she get's set down. Not much of a movement at all, but still pretty cool, epecially since the majority of her body doesn't seem to move at all.

SeijiSensei 2013-10-23 07:36

As a Noein viewer, I was amused that Hakodate was being sent off to take over Hokkaido. Many of these characters have unusual surnames. Do any of the others have meanings like Hakodate's?

Mephis 2013-10-23 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candyshark (Post 4881636)
As far fanart goes it seems green haired guy and marching band uniform chick Nonon caught plenty of attention.

Mako should participate in fighting she takes absurd amount of beating without having a scratch. Such talent should not be wasted.

But but... that's just part of her charm... She will definitely get killed if she went fighting... :uhoh:

Breimoon 2013-10-23 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephis (Post 4881848)
But but... that's just part of her charm... She will definitely get killed if she went fighting... :uhoh:

unless she is the hidden boss!! :P

ACertainStark 2013-10-23 10:37

So sushio did an artpiece of Ryuko mid-transformation for the recent... Newtype, I think. Don't know if it was posted before- didn't see it so here and it's huge:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

v1cious 2013-10-23 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACertainStark (Post 4881923)
So sushio did an artpiece of Ryuko mid-transformation for the recent... Newtype, I think. Don't know if it was posted before- didn't see it so here and it's huge:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Was there any new info in this issue, or just artwork?

Mephis 2013-10-23 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breimoon (Post 4881905)
unless she is the hidden boss!! :P

That would be... interesting but... NAH

SeijiSensei 2013-10-23 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephis (Post 4882098)
That would be... interesting but... NAH

Maybe Mako's mother? She's just creepy enough in her "Hi, I'm the okasan" sort of way.

Dextro 2013-10-23 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy (Post 4881654)
WHich is weird because marching band girl has all of one line of dialouge in the series so far.

She's voiced by Shintani Mayumi of FLCL fame, it's a no brainer that there would be people willing to do it just out of that fact alone :heh:

Cloudedmind 2013-10-23 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextro (Post 4882260)
She's voiced by Shintani Mayumi of FLCL fame, it's a no brainer that there would be people willing to do it just out of that fact alone :heh:

She also has a cute design.

NinjaRealist 2013-10-23 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 4881604)
Mako is the best character of the season.

Agreed. Mako is the best. She's the ultimate air-headed genki girl.

Cloudedmind 2013-10-23 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaRealist (Post 4882279)
Agreed. Mako is the best. She's the ultimate air-headed genki girl.

The funny thing is she's not quite as air-headed as she appears to be. Her interjections while funny are also insightful. She also foreshadowed herself earlier in episode three. When Ryuko denied liking wearing such a revealing outfit, Mako interjects with there's no way you can wear an outfit like that and not like it. And low and behold Ryuko has to accept Senketsu and all of his half nakedness to truly become one with him.

When Ryuko points out that Senketsu feels rough, Mako likens it to goosebumps, and goosebumps generally mean something.

NinjaRealist 2013-10-23 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudedmind (Post 4882297)
The funny thing is she's not quite as air-headed as she appears to be. Her interjections while funny are also insightful. She also foreshadowed herself earlier in episode three. When Ryuko denied liking wearing such a revealing outfit, Mako interjects with there's no way you can wear an outfit like that and not like it. And low and behold Ryuko has to accept Senketsu and all of his half nakedness to truly become one with him.

When Ryuko points out that Senketsu feels rough, Mako likens it to goosebumps, and goosebumps generally mean something.

That's a good point.

I guess a lot of her charm comes from the fact that, despite how silly and foolish she can be, her instinctive judgements are remarkably accurate.

ACertainStark 2013-10-23 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1cious (Post 4882082)
Was there any new info in this issue, or just artwork?

I have noo idea. Never bought a Newtype- just thought I'd share sushio's great work. :heh:

immblueversion 2013-10-23 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudedmind (Post 4882297)

Based on the way Mako says his surface felt like goosebumps, I believe she doesn't know that Senketsu is alive. I'm pretty sure the goosebumps were literally goosebumps, because he sensed and was wary of Junketsu's presence. You may remember Ryuko noting how Senketsu was nervous the night before their fight with Satsuki, and this kept Ryuko up all night thinking something bad was going to happen.

Cloudedmind 2013-10-23 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 4882333)
Based on the way Mako says his surface felt like goosebumps, I believe she doesn't know that Senketsu is alive. I'm pretty sure the goosebumps were literally goosebumps, because he sensed and was wary of Junketsu's presence. You may remember Ryuko noting how Senketsu was nervous the night before their fight with Satsuki, and this kept Ryuko up all night thinking something bad was going to happen.

Yeah, that was essentially my point in not so many words.:heh: Senketsu was most likely feeling apprehensive and thus had goosebumps, and Mako points this out (the goosebumps thing). Ryuko just notes he feels rough, saying something feels rough doesn't quite have the same meaning as saying something or someone has goosebumps or feels like they have goosebumps.

It's quite possible that she ended up feeling apprehensive herself because her and Senketsu share a bond and she may be able to feel what he feels. It's also possible Mako's comment did the same thing. Or a combination of both.