AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Saki manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80184)

Proto 2012-05-22 10:05

You also know we are in the nationals when the opponents instead of being merely stunned the put on their 'amazong, I'LL TAKE YOU ON' faces like Toyone. :p

Requiem-x 2012-05-22 12:44

So, basically, Saki dominated in every way possible, and so hard she even won the admiration of her rivals, well two of them, the other one just went WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN. Damn...I had honestly forgotten just how insanely hax she was.

Also, gotta love Toyone's face, it just screams "omigosh, omigosh, she did it, like everyone said she would! That was so awesome!"

However, as before, I just can't get that excited with Saki right now, because

Spoiler for Comparisons:

Sumeragi 2012-05-22 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem-x (Post 4171632)
Spoiler for Comparisons:

King-Slayer 2012-05-22 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proto (Post 4171434)
You also know we are in the nationals when the opponents instead of being merely stunned the put on their 'amazong, I'LL TAKE YOU ON' faces like Toyone. :p

That was one of my favorite parts. Toyone just got played and instead of sulking she has the biggest smile on her face and is super excited. The girl loves her some crazy mahjong. :D

Requiem-x 2012-05-22 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4171649)

I meant the wai thing in a happy go lucky sense, also

Spoiler for Weird:

Myssa Rei 2012-05-22 20:38

Requiem-X: I think it shows how different things are for both siblings. On Saki's side, despite being faced with strong opponents, there's always this sense that she's having fun and enjoying herself.

Teru however seems to be all-business on the table, almost literally crushing her opponents without remorse (at least it seems that way, since we haven't seen Teru's side of the story yet) as shown in Achiga-hen.

Marina2 2012-05-22 20:44

About Teru, based on the facts that..
- Teru is kind sister for Saki in the past
- Teru told Sumire that there is someone that she's really admire.

I think......
- Teru is not evil/mean person. She is not someone like Koromo, who will laugh at other players (in her mind) when she defeated them.
- Teru is just very good at Mahjong to the point that no one can beat her which made
everyone fear her and called her monster. I believe she didn't intend to make everyone fear her.
- Teru doesn't look happy when she's playing because none player can pose a challenge for her which made the game feel boring for her. I think Teru will even make a smile when she gets serious because that mean a match is really really fun for her (just like Saki did)

Sumeragi 2012-05-22 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem-x (Post 4171991)
I meant the wai thing in a happy go lucky sense, also

Spoiler for Weird:

Just so that you understand the context....

Spoiler for Perhaps unexpected:

Myssa Rei 2012-05-22 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4172113)
Just so that you understand the context....

Spoiler for Perhaps unexpected:

Heh, kind of fitting that we'd get a Fist of the North Star reference for that one.

Valky 2012-05-22 22:29

You know, Saki's expression when she fought against Koromo (when reaching tile from dead wall) also kinda creepy with her hand reaching out ..

Requiem-x 2012-05-22 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 4172103)
Requiem-X: I think it shows how different things are for both siblings. On Saki's side, despite being faced with strong opponents, there's always this sense that she's having fun and enjoying herself.

Teru however seems to be all-business on the table, almost literally crushing her opponents without remorse (at least it seems that way, since we haven't seen Teru's side of the story yet) as shown in Achiga-hen.

Yeah, I know we're supposed to see them as polar opposites, but Saki's "I'll crush them all!" line made me think she would become much more merciless. Oh well, there's still one game left before they face shiraitodai, anything could happen in that time.

Also, almost literally? Take a good look at Toki, she's literally dying in the table. Teru is literally about to send someone to the hospital!

Also, re-reading the whole slaughter, I mean, match in achiga-hen. Kirame is even more wonderful that I thought (no word on who's voicing her in the anime?). And Shindouji's captain looks like Kurisu.

@sumeragi
Oh, ok, sorry.

Mow Yun 2012-05-23 00:18

Just read the Achiga-hen manga. Holy **** Teru.

(Also highly curious about what Teru could have possibly done to Koromo like the commentator mentioned.)

kona~chan 2012-05-23 02:55

just reread the whole chapters of saki....i never knew kirame were actually nodoka's teammate in middle school:heh:

tsunade666 2012-05-23 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mow Yun (Post 4172279)
Just read the Achiga-hen manga. Holy **** Teru.

(Also highly curious about what Teru could have possibly done to Koromo like the commentator mentioned.)

I think it was mentioned here that it's kinda mistranslated or misinterpretation because Teru and Koromo didn't fight at all in the past. Koromo didn't participate in the last nationals when ryuumonboshi attend it. The commentator said is about the overall points acquired in the game. Teru tops even Koromo or pro's on his overall scoring capability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kona~chan (Post 4172404)
just reread the whole chapters of saki....i never knew kirame were actually nodoka's teammate in middle school:heh:

WHAT!? seriously? though maybe I will be needing rereading on it.

kona~chan 2012-05-23 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4172488)

chapter 88.5 nodoka extra.
oh God now i really want to see shindouji in final :T_T:

Myssa Rei 2012-05-23 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4172488)

Seriously:

The thing is, not all online readers have the extra chapters. This was one of them.

tsunade666 2012-05-23 08:32

it's really Kirame!

she's sparkling :D and I notice this in the but what's with djey? I don't remember where Yuuki start using it but I don't remember her used it from the start.

Farplaner 2012-05-23 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4172687)
and I notice this in the but what's with djey? I don't remember where Yuuki start using it but I don't remember her used it from the start.

She's always used it (from chapter 1). You can see the Japanese raw from the official site:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazin...saki1/Contents

Flower 2012-05-23 16:14

Well, well, well ... Kirame knew Nodoka? That's an interesting twist....

Proto 2012-05-23 16:19

Indeed. I'm thinking it will be Kirame the one who points Nodoka's attention to Achiga.