AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Marineford Arc discussion (Anime-only) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95220)

SkoolRumble4Ya 2011-02-09 23:52

Shanks is one strong dude even though he doesn't have a devil fruit power.

j0x 2011-02-10 03:25

RIP WhiteBeard such awesome death

MihawkXGP 2011-02-10 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnago (Post 3479396)
Yeah thats a good way lol :)

Anyway, in the Impel Down.. How did Blackbeard survive? I mean I knew he got an Shiryuu gave Blackbeard an antidote, but still the medical team has never made a antidote when Magellan has covered someone in poison badly. And you saw how much poison there was on Blackbeard and his crew members. It was the same as Luffy's..

Actually no. It was a standard poison against BB's crew with his hydra. Luffy got soaked in various levels of poison, and so much so...that he was beyond any help...

Pwngo
Quote:

Pretty much the same in my opinion...

Just realised that Vortex, one of blackbeard's power.. doesnt work against normal humans... So Shanks will probably fight evenly with Blackbeard, since he doesn't use a devil fruit power.
His DF works on everyone, jut because he doesn't have DF means veryh little. He can still draw Shanks in - and then EQ him. Or just EQ him. Then again, Shanks is a world class swordsman, and he has mastered all the various forms of haki....
I suppose you could say he's just a younger sexier version of Rayleigh.. ;)

Pwnago 2011-02-10 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MihawkXGP (Post 3480394)
Actually no. It was a standard poison against BB's crew with his hydra. Luffy got soaked in various levels of poison, and so much so...that he was beyond any help...

Pwngo

His DF works on everyone, jut because he doesn't have DF means veryh little. He can still draw Shanks in - and then EQ him. Or just EQ him. Then again, Shanks is a world class swordsman, and he has mastered all the various forms of haki....
I suppose you could say he's just a younger sexier version of Rayleigh.. ;)

Well.. I just read it and it said that Vortex only works on DF people. Doesn't say it works on normal human beings. I dont know about Blackbeard's other move, but Vortex wont really suck in people without DF powers. I think xD! Yeah loool :p

SOGESNAKE 2011-02-10 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnago (Post 3480618)
Well.. I just read it and it said that Vortex only works on DF people. Doesn't say it works on normal human beings. I dont know about Blackbeard's other move, but Vortex wont really suck in people without DF powers. I think xD! Yeah loool :p

The vortex is basically a literal black hole, it'll suck anything in. I really don't see the logic in saying it can only suck in Devil Fruit Users~

Vortex of course works better with Devil Fruit users, seeing as they tend to not react well when they realize their powers are gone with Blackbeard's massive hand around them~

paradox13 2011-02-10 11:19

Quote:

I suppose you could say he's just a younger sexier version of Rayleigh..
Surely hes younger, but sexier?

I think thats a contentious claim.

Pwnago 2011-02-10 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 3480623)
The vortex is basically a literal black hole, it'll suck anything in. I really don't see the logic in saying it can only suck in Devil Fruit Users~

Vortex of course works better with Devil Fruit users, seeing as they tend to not react well when they realize their powers are gone with Blackbeard's massive hand around them~

Rewatch Ace and Blackbeard's fight I think.. I think its true I dont know, but when I read it, it sounds it only sucks in DF users.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2011-02-10 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnago (Post 3480772)
Rewatch Ace and Blackbeard's fight I think.. I think its true I dont know, but when I read it, it sounds it only sucks in DF users.

DF users are stripped of their abilities once Blackbeard grabs hold of them with Kurouzu (Dark Vortex). Of course, normal humans aren't affected by this because they have no DF abilities. But DF user or not, NOTHING can escape the gravitational pull of the Darkness fruit.

MihawkXGP 2011-02-10 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradox13 (Post 3480630)
Surely hes younger, but sexier?

I think thats a contentious claim.

I think you'll find there are a legion of Shanks fangirls out there, that agree with me. :p

Quote:

It works on everyone. It works better on DF users - because it draws out their true form....

Next episode is gettin ever closer....i can't wait to see Sengoku take on Blackbeard..and how they flesh the fight out a bit...

Pwnago 2011-02-10 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 3480802)
DF users are stripped of their abilities once Blackbeard grabs hold of them with Kurouzu (Dark Vortex). Of course, normal humans aren't affected by this because they have no DF abilities. But DF user or not, NOTHING can escape the gravitational pull of the Darkness fruit.

Yeah but he only used blackhole and not vortex on the marines when he went in to Impel down. So what he is saying from Ace's fight, he cannot use Vortex against non-DF users, but this is in my opinion.. So we haven't even see him use vortex against normal human beings. Black hole can..

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2011-02-10 14:52

^ BB just chose to use Black Hole on those fodder marines. Why? Because it's efficient for dealing with multiple weak enemies. Dark Vortex is best used against individuals, since BB only has that one hand to grab someone.

Again, the Darkness has no limitations. Nothing can escape its gravitational pull. This is irrefutable.

Kallen4life 2011-02-10 15:00

it's obvious that he can pull anything and anyone to him, but the 'turn off DF via putting his hand on the enemy' doesn't work on non-DF users, because they have no DF to turn off

and of course he'll only pull strong top tier opponents to him that need to be taken out with a quake punch or two @ point-blank range .. why bother doing it with fodder - just suck em up with darkness or quake them from a distance .. or let crew deal with them

Pwnago 2011-02-10 16:07

Lol.. Best tactic.. Use Vortex on a devil fruit user and when they come intact with him. Smash the guy with a quake LOOOL! xD

SOGESNAKE 2011-02-10 17:42

Speaking of Blackbeard.....

Once he sucks up something (towns, groups of people, etc), can he lug that stuff around for awhile to Liberate later? Cause all I've seen so far is Blackbeard sucking things in, then afew seconds later releasing it all about.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2011-02-10 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 3481130)
Speaking of Blackbeard.....

Once he sucks up something (towns, groups of people, etc), can he lug that stuff around for awhile to Liberate later? Cause all I've seen so far is Blackbeard sucking things in, then afew seconds later releasing it all about.

Good question. Truth be told, we really don't know. During BB's fight with Ace, he was merely demonstrating his power. For that purpose, wasting time wasn't appropriate, know what I mean?

Although, storing the aforementioned items you listed inside of his black hole for long periods of time does seem a bit overpowering. But then again, BB has yet to master his Darkness fruit (he hasn't had it for that long).

Kallen4life 2011-02-10 18:46

it would be so cool if he could suck up like Kizaru's lasers or Akainu's gigantic magma fists, keep em like in stasis for a long time and then liberate - lasers are still light-speed and magma is still burning hot .. overpowered though

it's actually a good thing he went for WB's fruit (for him) .. his method of attack against top tier opponents prior was to pull in close and hit em with a fist (I don't think throwing stuff via liberation can hurt top-tier) .. of course, he has great strength - almost broke Ace's neck and actually hurt WB a few times (anime-only), but that's hardly enough .. NOW he has quakes in his fist - jackpot ! of course, the most durable one's can tank even 1-2 quakes and keep going, but those are probably very-very few in the entire world .. and repeated hits are likely guaranteed to kill anyone

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2011-02-10 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kallen4life (Post 3481241)
it's actually a good thing he went for WB's fruit (for him) .. his method of attack against top tier opponents prior was to pull in close and hit em with a fist (I don't think throwing stuff via liberation can hurt top-tier) .. of course, he has great strength - almost broke Ace's neck and actually hurt WB a few times (anime-only), but that's hardly enough .. NOW he has quakes in his fist - jackpot ! of course, the most durable one's can tank even 1-2 quakes and keep going, but those are probably very-very few in the entire world .. and repeated hits are likely guaranteed to kill anyone

Darkness+Quake really is a lethal combination. There's no way of avoiding that kind of offense, and in the end it comes down to how much the victim can endure.

Pwnago 2011-02-10 19:20

Well.. If Blackbeard does fight Luffy then.. I'm pretty sure Luffy got some moves up his sleeves. I mean he won't be as weak as right now. I'm certainly sure that his going to fight evenly, everytime he beats a strong boss he'll get stronger and stronger like the rest of Straw Hat's crew..

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2011-02-10 19:45

^ Of course. Right now, Luffy is no where near ready to face BB. But when they inevitably clash again, he'll be on a whole other level. That battle will be glorious.

Kallen4life 2011-02-10 19:52

opponent can get a good shot in while being sucked towards - logias launch their elements (like Akainu and especially Kizaru - very fast and while a quake punch will block a magma-fist, I'm not so sure about a laser beam) and swordsmen launch their WaveMotionSwords - think Mihawk's iceberg splitting slash .. then if they're non-DF - continue it up close since they're unaffected by the power-drain (again, swordsmen rock here), though this one is harder, because Gura Gura ensures being near BB is lethal to one's health even more so then Yami Yami .. possibly somehow attack BB's darkness holding hand, get free and avoid the quake-fist (dodge or if a logia after being free from the powerdrain - just tank it easy)

and, of course, just hit BB hard and fast before he even tries anything .. guy can't dodge to save his life .. good luck dishing out enough damage though

Luffy is practically a 100% physical melee fighter - not the best match-up against BB .. but, he does have his semi-ranged attacks via stretchy limbs (BB can still grab them though) and, of course, the one thing he has over BB - speed .. and he can tank a lot too - Determinator Hero and all

I expect Luffy vs BB to be even more grueling physically then vs Lucci