AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KanColle (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Kantai Collection ~Kancolle~ (Browser Game) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122413)

usspaul 2014-04-24 06:50

wow I fought the boss for e-3 and man did my fleet get hammered good

Klashikari 2014-04-24 07:02

I really wish crits weren't that stupid in E5.
Even if the opposing fleet is in diamond formation, a silly Ru class can crit Musashi, dealing 55 right on the first node, which means she already got a major dmg reduction before even engaging the second node.

I'm testing both 3BB3CV and 4BB2CV, but the former is too much of a gamble to me: a third CV is a third liability, considering any normal attack of the hime on the CV is 80% a guaranteed crit to red.
Heck, even that damn Ta class can crit a yamato to orange or even red, and that's with the double line formation. So I can't even imagine how nightmarish it would be if I go with line ahead.

17 Attempts thus far, and 10 of these are stopped cold by the second node, and the vast majority of my failed attempts is because a CV is smoked to red in node 2.

usspaul 2014-04-24 07:42

hey klash what would you suggest being the best composition for e-3 cause that boss has been kicking my but, that I decided to send out mutsu and even with her I barly get a decent hit on the boss. im just glad that if you inflict enough damage the boss gauge goes down a little

Klashikari 2014-04-24 07:50

I used this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5095500)
No, E3 require more "muscles":
Yahagi / Kongou / Nagato / Mutsu / Kaga / Taihou

Nagato and Mutsu have 2x 46cm, 1 AP shell, and 1 seaplane.

I didn't need any support fleet.

Suffice to say, Yahagi has to be replaced.

usspaul 2014-04-24 07:56

yeah I kinda figured she would have to be replaced too cause she was doing hardly any damage for me and I was getting mad at her lol I don't have taihou so ive been going between akagi and shoukaku as my cvs I have a question about the red plans should I replaced them with blue ones for more opening firepower? cause ive read on the wiki that the blue planes do about the same damage as the red in the shelling phase

Klashikari 2014-04-24 08:04

My CV setup was like this:
Kaga: Ryuusei Kai, Reppu, Reppu Kai, Suisei 12
Taihou: Reppu, Reppu, Ryuusei Kai, Saiun

Since you have Akagi and Shoukaku, I would go this way:
Kaga: Ryuusei Kai, Reppu, Reppu Kai, Suisei 12
Shoukaku: Reppu, Reppu, Ryuusei Kai, Saiun

I would usually go with 2 Ryuusei at most, and sometimes swap one with Suisei 12 or Reppu, depending if I can maintain air superiority or not.

EDIT: I misread and thought you didn't have Kaga, so fixing that.

usspaul 2014-04-24 08:24

the best red plan I have is the JU87 kai and the normal suisei. I do have one saiun and I currently have her on kaga in the least spot. so I guess I should give akagi the saiun and load them up with more fighters k

RapidPotential 2014-04-24 08:27

The night battle node is being a nasty bitch to me. Especially on the last sortie. I had three ships critted to red. I'm running out of buckets at the rate it's being an absolute killjoy.

It's especially frustrating when I only have to go through boss node just one more to clear the map. RNG decides to up the troll game on the last HP. This is bullshit.

EDIT: Finally got through and S-ranked the boss with all my wrath. I'm proud of my daughters for clearing a pretty hellish map. Might farm buckets instead of going straight for E-3 now... We'll see.

risingstar3110 2014-04-24 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5096555)
I used this:

Would Ooi works in this case? to replace Yahagi i means.

Have been taking this event really slow, partly due to works. Will be away for the whole week coming next as well, so there is a very high chance that i won't be able to finish this event on time

Cna anyone explain to me more on the support fleet? I means considering how every damage counted, i thought support fleet would have to be a must?

Klashikari 2014-04-24 09:13

The problem is that CLT have a VERY crappy LOS, so I have no idea if replacing Yahagi with Ooi will work (Yahagi had 65 LOS).

As for support fleet, I really think they are not needed at all, except for E5. But use them if your main fleet has troubles to break through the map you are trying.

By the way, one change to do compared to my initial fleet composition: do NOT put type 91 on Nagato and Mutsu if you want a double attack setting.
For some reason, Type 91 can trigger a Cut In instead, which sucks beyond belief in day battle unless it is on a Yamato.
Type 3 doesn't screw that: you only trigger double attack with it.

Myssa Rei 2014-04-24 09:38

Cleared E-2, but man was RNG a massive bitch to me. Recall how I started this event with 740 buckets? It's now down to 579.

http://i.imgur.com/bX50DQ0.png

Oh, and note my resources as of this writing too. If RNG will continue, I don't know if I can last to E-5.

On the bright side -- got BOTH Tanikaze and Hatsukaze during one run, though it doesn't make that annoyance go away.

Azuma Denton 2014-04-24 10:35

Still can't get any air superiority in the E3 boss node, making the fight kinda hard.
Reppu really make the difference here...

Lantern 2014-04-24 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by usspaul (Post 5096551)
hey klash what would you suggest being the best composition for e-3 cause that boss has been kicking my but, that I decided to send out mutsu and even with her I barly get a decent hit on the boss. im just glad that if you inflict enough damage the boss gauge goes down a little

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5096555)
I used this:

Quote:

No, E3 require more "muscles":
Yahagi / Kongou / Nagato / Mutsu / Kaga / Taihou

Nagato and Mutsu have 2x 46cm, 1 AP shell, and 1 seaplane.

I didn't need any support fleet.

Hold on, we are talking about E3 boss right? Darwin-chan? She and the E5 boss are structure bosses just like Henderson-chan back in Fall Event,
You just need to bring Sanshiki on all your BBs / CAs and your girls will be able to show them a world of pain.
Example set up: 2 main guns, 1 Sanshiki, 1 Seaplane
Day time double attack (provided you have enough air power), applies to both BBs and CAs
4BBs would be ideal, but if not 2BB 2CA works fine too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 5096609)
Can anyone explain to me more on the support fleet? I means considering how every damage counted, i thought support fleet would have to be a must?

Support fleet is not necessary for E1~E3. Only map you really need it is E5, while for E4... is optional (it does help increasing your odds of making through the pre-boss node.)

Klashikari 2014-04-24 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lantern (Post 5096722)
Hold on, we are talking about E3 boss right? Darwin-chan? She and the E5 boss are structure bosses just like Henderson-chan back in Fall Event,
You just need to bring Sanshiki on all your BBs / CAs and your girls will be able to show them a world of pain.
Example set up: 2 main guns, 1 Sanshiki, 1 Seaplane
Day time double attack (provided you have enough air power), applies to both BBs and CAs
4BBs would be ideal, but if not 2BB 2CA works fine too.

That's why I mentioned I had to correct myself afterwards, because that was my E2 composition and I completely forgot I've put sanshikidan to everyone (due to double attack and structure weakness).

Anyway, finally done with E5 (Spreadsheet).
http://i.imgur.com/EJdjEKul.jpg

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) E5 is pretty much a mixture of 5-5 and Fall E5.

The difficulty is rather jarring in my books, as I really think this map is hardly doable for anyone who doesn't have Yamato or Musashi. Unless you have 4BB alive, big crits during the support and consistent double attack on the boss, that's a downhill battle.

Reward Summary:
E1:
-1 Medal
-1 Furniture Fairy
-1 Damecon
-1 Reppu Kai

E2:
-1 Medal
-Akashi

E3:
-2 Medals
-Amatsukaze

E4:
-1 Medals
-1 High Temperature Steam Boiler
-1 Ship Repair Facility
-1 Goddess

E5:
-3 Medals
-Sakawa

ganbaru 2014-04-24 12:07

^ I didn't though than we could using a mix of CV and BB for the support fleet.

risingstar3110 2014-04-24 12:16

What's about E-4?

4 DD 1 CL and 1 BBV seems to be the best choice. But what's about equipment? just 2 x 10cm main gun and damcom? and BBV?

Klashikari 2014-04-24 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 5096784)
What's about E-4?

4 DD 1 CL and 1 BBV seems to be the best choice. But what's about equipment? just 2 x 10cm main gun and damcom? and BBV?

You need sonar and depth charge. At some point, I had enough of E4 and went with 2 sonar and damecon. The Wo Kai node is too much of a russian roulette if you don't use damecon, although having more than 2 DD in red isn't a good idea.

And to be honest, I wouldn't bother with BBV, but take a BB instead. BBV armor is quite sloppy, and their attacks is pretty laughable even with 4 seaplane bombers.

risingstar3110 2014-04-24 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5096794)
You need sonar and depth charge. At some point, I had enough of E4 and went with 2 sonar and damecon. The Wo Kai node is too much of a russian roulette if you don't use damecon, although having more than 2 DD in red isn't a good idea.

And to be honest, I wouldn't bother with BBV, but take a BB instead. BBV armor is quite sloppy, and their attacks is pretty laughable even with 4 seaplane bombers.

How's about the one suggested having a CV instead, and fill with Reppu to survive that pre-boss node? Does it work?

Lantern 2014-04-24 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 5096784)
What's about E-4?

I used both damecon and support fleet for pre-boss node. Expensive yes, but it helps knock out the DDs and CLs to reduce scratch damage (which adds up against DD's low health) and with some luck it can knock the FBB or ECA to orange, leaving Wo-Kai the only threat you have to pray against, and reduces the potential number of red DDs you have to advance with (I don't advance with more than 2 red DDs).

I was able to clear it in around 10? or 11 attempts doing this (7 boss kills).

Klashikari 2014-04-24 13:12

I didn't test it that much, but I tried twice a CV instead of CL, and I was sent twice to SE.
So it seems a carrier will just screw you badly.