AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Discussion (Archives) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68255)

Marcus H. 2012-05-27 21:46

^ Well, they have shown to us that they're not afraid to show the dark side of the Magic Side to the normal ones based on their participation in Natural Selection and the incident on Radiosonde Castle, so it's more likely that innocent esper blood will be shed in this WWIV-esque war between Science and Magic and the world's media would be able to witness this.

Kirito 2012-05-27 21:56

Makes sense considering how extreme Gremlins methods have been during the past few volumes. They're shown to be a group of people who wouldn't hesitant to involve innocent people in their plans, and could care less about the aftermath their incidents causes.

Kenju of the Right 2012-05-28 00:27

Quote:

>Also, you may think you see something behind Fukiyose, but just ignore it.
Ouch, poor Himegami

Hell_ping 2012-05-28 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right (Post 4179773)
Ouch, poor --------

Who's that?

Js06 is done with the retranslation of volume 1. I'll start on volume 12 on the 20th. Best case scenario is that I start on 13 on July 1st.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-05-28 03:42

By then August would be just around the corner and we'll start up this whole circus again :p

tsunade666 2012-05-28 04:01

simple questionare is July or June 10? which is scheduled for June and which is for July?

Chaos2Frozen 2012-05-28 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4180019)
simple questionare is July or June 10? which is scheduled for June and which is for July?

Heavy Object 6 is in June.

Simple Questionare is in July.

Burden 2012-05-28 12:44

Since the translations of Volume 1 have been checked, editing will now proceed~

Miraluka 2012-05-28 16:50

Quote:

“Anyway, it would be great if you could feed me enough food to fill me up.”

“Why would I do that!? I don’t want to raise your parameter. I’d rather die than activate some strange flag and end up stuck on the Index route!!”
I'm re-reading the translations:

Quote:

“Anyway, it would be great if you could feed me enough food to fill me up.”

“Why would I do that!? I don’t want to raise your parameter. I’d rather die than activate some strange flag and end up stuck on the Index route!!”
Oh, irony, to think the author did so and she ended stuck on his room living with him :heh:.

Hell_ping 2012-05-28 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burden (Post 4180725)
Since the translations of Volume 1 have been checked, editing will now proceed~

You sure? I can bet with you that there will be less than 5 edits on the wiki itself within the next 3 days.

Breidaluk 2012-05-28 20:16

Hmm? It should be June, right?

Burden 2012-05-28 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 4181262)
You sure? I can bet with you that there will be less than 5 edits on the wiki itself within the next 3 days.

Ahaa... Doesn't make me feel better. I've been working on volume 14's translation editing the last few days. It's slow work. But I'll be moving onto volume 1 relatively soon.

Algent 2012-05-29 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 4181262)

The US/UK english war is still going on ? :confused:

Twi 2012-05-29 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algent (Post 4181752)
The US/UK english war is still going on ? :confused:

I think it ended when someone decided to call down an archangel. Two countries fighting each other is kinda pointless when one of those is on the battlefield.

Hell_ping 2012-05-29 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twi (Post 4182915)
I think it ended when someone decided to call down an archangel. Two countries fighting each other is kinda pointless when one of those is on the battlefield.

...Twi, you're missing the point...he's asking about American/British English...the standard is British unless the characters are US or Aztec based.

One of these days, I'll commission an editing expedition on Index. (If I didn't start translating, I would probably have helped out as an editor at most)

Marcus H. 2012-05-30 00:19

^ You should contact js06 about it, just saiyan.

Hell_ping 2012-05-30 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4183164)
^ You should contact js06 about it, just saiyan.

Actually, I'm more of letting him do as he wants with the translations since the US/UK thing is a very minor thing. It's just an aesthetic appeal on my part, and I prefer if he just focused on the translating and not have to worry about this yet. This is something the editors can fix. Only problem is the lack of editors...

I'm not back at B-T for the time being, so once I retire from translating fully, I might start workng on it. (1 year later...)

SoloPanda 2012-05-30 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 4183169)
Actually, I'm more of letting him do as he wants with the translations since the US/UK thing is a very minor thing. It's just an aesthetic appeal on my part, and I prefer if he just focused on the translating and not have to worry about this yet. This is something the editors can fix. Only problem is the lack of editors...

I'm not back at B-T for the time being, so once I retire from translating fully, I might start workng on it. (1 year later...)

I tried translating a book so i could help out with various things if i could ... but it was too hard so i started playing with vocaloids and rereading TWGOK after an hr... then i fell asleep ... fail :topicoff:

Burden 2012-05-30 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teh_Ping (Post 4183106)
...Twi, you're missing the point...he's asking about American/British English...the standard is British unless the characters are US or Aztec based.

One of these days, I'll commission an editing expedition on Index. (If I didn't start translating, I would probably have helped out as an editor at most)

Along with the lack of editors, I'd like to note the lack of skilled editors.
I personally by default type in an American syntax. It's one of those things that are difficult to just opt out of.

Anyways, what were we discussing novel-wise?

SoloPanda 2012-05-30 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burden (Post 4184032)
Along with the lack of editors, I'd like to note the lack of skilled editors.
I personally by default type in an American syntax. It's one of those things that are difficult to just opt out of.

Anyways, what were we discussing novel-wise?

I think we was discussing about how some (Odin wanna-be, loli in a witch hat) magic god is gonna go into academy city and start curb stomping espers and such.... i think.
Then everyones gonna guard the windowless building with windows. But in the end she's gonna troll us all and make off with Aogami Peirce.