AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Persona 4 (TV) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103307)

Kanon 2011-04-11 10:08

Persona 4 (TV)

Official site: http://www.p4a.jp/

http://s1.postimage.org/9a1m92y98/1302534258618.png

Oh hell yes!

Finally managed to acces the Staff and cast page.

Staff:

Director: Seiji Kishi
Animation production: AIC
Persona design: Kazuma Kaneko
Chara desin: Shigenori Soejima
Music: Shouji Meguro

Cast :

Yu Narukami: Daisuke Namikawa
Yosuke Hanamura: Shotaro Morikubo
Chie Satonaka: Yui Horie
Yukiko Amagi: Ami Koshimizu

Nightengale 2011-04-11 10:12

Director : Seiji Kishi ( Angel Beats! Seto no Hayanome )

Yu Narukami ( aka the new canon name for MC replacing the expected Seta Soji ) : Daisuke Namikawa

Animation Production : AIC A.S.T.A. ( Goddanar, Sora no Otoshimono )

Katapan 2011-04-11 10:12

Director: Kishi Seiji
Animation Production: AIC ASTA

Eh, I expected better (it's hard to consider Kishi as a truly skilled director after AB!, I guess), but I'll try to overlook this because... hell yes it's P4 animated!

Kanon 2011-04-11 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3566714)
Yu Narukami ( aka the new canon name for MC replacing the expected Seta Soji ) : Daisuke Namikawa

Hmm, I expected his name to be Seta Soji too (I named him that in the game!). I wonder why they changed it.

tsunade666 2011-04-11 10:19

I used Seta Souji but forget the game it's the anime!!

shivers down my spine just imagining it getting an anime. I wonder when will it be aired. This year or next year. Or maybe for fall season this year.

Kakkou 2011-04-11 10:20

Ehhh.... Daisuke Namikawa... can't say I'm very much looking forward to hearing the lead male talk but I guess I'll get used to it.

Kyero Fox 2011-04-11 10:21

I hope they put out a poll to see who MC romances....... naoto will obviously win

Pocari_Sweat 2011-04-11 10:21

Argh, the director produced two shows I did not like (Angel Beats, Seto), so I'm skeptical about this.

Kanon 2011-04-11 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 3566732)
I hope they put out a poll to see who MC romances....... naoto will obviously win

Protag will go for the harem end. That's how he rolls. Or rather, that's how I rolled. I wonder what kind of personality they'll give him in the anime.

SaintessHeart 2011-04-11 10:25

Are they using the same characters and plot? Rise HAS to be Kugi!

Spoiler for spoilers:

SidVicious 2011-04-11 10:27

Same voice cast from the game?

Nightengale 2011-04-11 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidVicious (Post 3566744)
Same voice cast from the game?

For the ones revealed thus far, yes... except for Narukami who was mute in-game.

Yu Narukami : Daisuke Namikawa ( same voice as game )
Yousuke Hanamura : Showtaro Morikubo ( same voice as game )
Chie Satonaka : Yui Horie ( same voice as game )
Yukiko Amagi : Ami Koshimizu ( same voice as game )

SaintessHeart 2011-04-11 10:31

Only for the first 4 (MC, Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko).

The most important character in the game IMO, is TEDDIE. Damn bishie better have that same VA! Though I think Kugi did a good job as Rise back then.

Persona 4 is a departure from the previously dark P3, which is so deathly that even the MC couldn't die properly. At least P4 had a happy ending. This anime should totally have a thread of its own.

Meanwhile, I have a good reason to borrow my friend's console again just to play P4.

com_gwp 2011-04-11 10:32

Quote:

Chie Satonaka: Yui Horie
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. :D

Honestly I was expecting a P4P, but this works too. :D

Frailty 2011-04-11 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3566737)
Protag will go for the harem end. That's how he rolls. Or rather, that's how I rolled. I wonder what kind of personality they'll give him in the anime.

hmm if we're basing their traits on the drama cd
MC will be the kind/quiet type

he was also like that in the manga adaptation.

we'll just see, can't wait for this :D

Natsuki Hyuga 2011-04-11 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3566747)
For the ones revealed thus far, yes... except for Narukami who was mute in-game.

Yu Narukami : Daisuke Namikawa ( new VA to voice a previously unvoiced character )

Actually he does have voice in the game (When he calls Persona.). And it was the same Namikawa Daisuke. I haven't listened to the drama CDs, but Namikawa was listed there too. (Like how Ishida was listed as the P3MC's drama CD and what-her-name in P3P drama CD)

Expecting the others to make comebacks too.

wry bread 2011-04-11 10:35

Name change for MC aside, I'm pretty excited for this!

Kanon 2011-04-11 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3566747)
Yu Narukami : Daisuke Namikawa ( new VA to voice a previously unvoiced character )

He was voiced by Namikawa in the game already actually. Yes, he had no dialogues, but he still grunted and yelled out "PERSONA!" during the fights.

Edit: Natsuki beat me :p

drsypher 2011-04-11 10:36

I cannot say just how happy I am about this news! It might be weird having to hear the MC talk, but oh well. I can't wait, though! I wonder when it'll air?

SidVicious 2011-04-11 10:36

I wonder if Kappei Yamaguchi will voice Kuma again.

Frailty 2011-04-11 10:38

I wonder though if this will be its OP

Frailty 2011-04-11 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3566756)
He was voiced by Namikawa in the game already actually. Yes, he had no dialogues, but he still grunted and yelled out "PERSONA!" during the fights.

he also yells out the name of the Persona if he hits the enemy's weakness~

Nightengale 2011-04-11 10:40

It's easy to assume what kind of personality Narukami will have, considering he's pretty straight-forward in the kind he is in-game...

But it does get a little bit more complicated when it comes to romances.

Spoiler for game spoiler:

Again, it's a matter of opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga (Post 3566753)
Actually he does have voice (When he calls Persona.). And it was the same Namikawa Daisuke. I haven't listened to the drama CDs, but Namikawa was listed there too. (Like how Ishida was listed as the P3MC's drama CD and what-her-name in P3P drama CD)

Expecting the others to make comebacks too.

Quoted for massive phail on my part. orz

Ravenblitz 2011-04-11 10:41

ohh lol finally a thread!

anyways can't wait for the adaptation

justsomeguy 2011-04-11 10:43

This is the best news I've gotten all year. I just hope the episode count is 2 cours, because 13 is too few to fit anything in.

Kyero Fox 2011-04-11 10:43

...english teddy was 100 ttimes better. The entire cast was!

I have a hunch rise,kanji and nouto wont t even be in the anime /facepalm

tsunade666 2011-04-11 10:43

but he only keep saying the same word and it doesn't count as a dialogue. The only clear one when I heard his voice is when he first awaken his persona.

I want a new op and not the game op even though the game op is nice but it's anime! it needs its own.

MisaoFan 2011-04-11 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 3566764)
I wonder though if this will be its OP

What the performer of the OP theme ?

Kyero Fox 2011-04-11 10:47

Same soundttracks plz :heh:

Natsuki Hyuga 2011-04-11 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3566779)
but he only keep saying the same word and it doesn't count as a dialogue. The only clear one when I heard his voice is when he first awaken his persona.

I want a new op and not the game op even though the game op is nice but it's anime! it needs its own.

Whether or not he has a dialogue, he still has a distinct voice even when it's just like "Ha!" or *Persona name* when summoning Persona or attacking, and that's what ultimately counts.

Don't worry about the OP, the site indicate that there will be new OP (and ED) songs, what with it not decided yet :D They are not as lazy as you woulda think. Hopefully

Also Shouji Meguro as the anime composer = 100xYES THANK YOU THERE IS A GOD. Expecting some of the game's tunes to come back~

SaintessHeart 2011-04-11 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidVicious (Post 3566759)
I wonder if Kappei Yamaguchi will voice Kuma again.

Actually Kuma (or Teddie) 's VA is only suited for him when he is still in his suit, the voice in his bishie form sounds totally weird.

And the funny thing is, I have seen a couple of girls who picked up the game JUST BECAUSE OF TEDDIE after he removes his suit. And one of them is a fujoshi (I don't think you want to hear what she is complaining about in the game).

Also, I was wondering if this recent spate of Megaten releases (including the Innocent Sin PSP release in a few days) is due to Atlus being bought up by the pachinko company, and some of the fans and devs with connections to people in high places manage to do this as a last ditch homage to the Megaten series. Honestly speaking, I am starting to miss BOTH the Persona, Devil Summoner and original M10 series - I always thought the games, although with lousy mechanics, had a beyond top-of-the-line storytelling system. Even the ending of P3 made me cry (of course, I was dissed at FES because it is a blue-milk run through the Abyss).

Frailty 2011-04-11 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga (Post 3566785)
Whether or not he has a dialogue, he still has a distinct voice even when it's just like "Ha!" or *Persona name* when summoning Persona or attacking, and that's what ultimately counts.

Don't worry about the OP, the site indicate that there will be new OP (and ED) songs, what with it not decided yet :D They are not as lazy as you woulda think. Hopefully

Also Shouji Meguro as the anime composer = 100xYES THANK YOU THERE IS A GOD. Expecting some of the game's tunes to come back~

if you guys want to hear how the MC speaks in full sentences, you should listen to the drama cd's
there are translations out there already

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 3566778)
I have a hunch rise,kanji and nouto wont t even be in the anime /facepalm

impossible. I think they didn't put them on the site to remove spoilers.
they can't solve the mystery without Naoto lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 3566782)
What the performer of the OP theme ?

sadly, I have no idea

what I do want to know is that if the anime will cover up the other Social Links
I wonder if the MC will meet all the people
I wonder which club he will take and what sport will he take

and they better give justice to the Dojima's social links

Kyero Fox 2011-04-11 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 3566795)

impossible. I think they didn't put them on the site to remove spoilers

I ..Soo....Fucking... HOPE!:frustrated:

DonQuigleone 2011-04-11 10:59

I'll be pleased if "never more" plays in all the dramatic scenes, with the epic full song at the end...

Frailty 2011-04-11 11:04

there are handful of ost's of P4 that are very emotional and fits most scenes
like "I'll face myself" and "Dream Melody"

I wonder if they'll put them too

but hell, this is an anime adaptation
prolly, they'll use new tunes

viperdk1 2011-04-11 11:05

This has made my day. Period.

Glad it's come so long after the game, to be honest (gave us all a chance to play the game ;)) - though fans of the original game will be fully aware of all the plot twists and what-not if it's a straight adaptation from the game.

Sorta makes me wish it's a sequel, with
Spoiler for Persona 4:

Kyero Fox 2011-04-11 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperdk1 (Post 3566810)
This has made my day. Period.

Glad it's come so long after the game, to be honest (gave us all a chance to play the game ;)) - though fans of the original game will be fully aware of all the plot twists and what-not if it's a straight adaptation from the game.

Sorta makes me wish it's a sequel, with
Spoiler for Persona 4:

if you look at the site theres a "Special" maybe thats it :)

velocity7 2011-04-11 11:10

This thread sure is attracting a lot of attention, heh. :heh:

Anyone notice that the staff seems to be mostly (if not completely) changed from Trinity Soul?

Goty 2011-04-11 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 3566786)
Actually Kuma (or Teddie) 's VA is only suited for him when he is still in his suit, the voice in his bishie form sounds totally weird.

I fully agree if you're talking about the english dub, but...Teddy/Kuma was voiced by Kappei freakin' Yamaguchi in the original, he's used to voice any kind of character.

Kyero Fox 2011-04-11 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goty (Post 3566816)
I fully agree if you're talking about the english dub, but...Teddy/Kuma was voiced by Kappei freakin' Yamaguchi in the original, he's used to voice any kind of character.

i think he's talkin about the japanese dub...