AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Joshiraku (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111581)

totoum 2012-04-10 11:52

Joshiraku

Borrowed from the one and only NeoSam!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 3931856)
The shounen manga Joshiraku by Kumeta Kouji (author) and Yasu (drawing) will be getting an anime adaptation.

Joshiraku

The manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Bessatsu Shounen Magazine.
Currently there are 3 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Story: Kôji Kumeta (Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei )
Art: Yasu (Toradora)

Genre: Shounen, Comedy

And here is the anime staff:

Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Ika Musume, Ookiku Furikabutte)
Series Composition: Michiko Yokote (Ika Musume, Kobato)
Character Design: Masayoshi Tanaka (Toradora, Ano Natsu de Matteru)
Animation Production: J.C. Staff

No cast info yet.

I liked Another more than Blood-C but in the end I apreciate Mizushima's return to comedy.

Raghe 2012-05-08 03:24

Seiyuus and character designs

http://i.imgur.com/BFXdUl.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/SIOQml.jpg?1

Kigurumi: Kotori Koiwai
Marii: Ayane Sakura
Kukuru: Saori Gotou (OH YEAH!)
Gankyou: Yoshino Nanjou
Tetora: Nozomi Yamamoto

winhlp32 2012-05-08 03:32

Yasu x JC Staff with Masayoshi Tanaka = Tora-Dora character designs. Happy.

What I read of the manga very much reminded me of Zetsubo-Sensei(same manga author), meaning its characters talking, talking, and talking. Wonder if JC Staff can make this as interesting as SHAFT did.

AbZeroNow 2012-05-08 23:54

This appears to be the official site for it:

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/joshiraku/

Flower 2012-06-18 20:07

This is one of the series I am curious about in the upcoming Summer 2012. I have read the first volume of the manga (I think they are up to ch 12 now?), but I am curious to see what they will do with this series. Somehow it feels this could be a sleeper hit if done well....

Midonin 2012-06-18 20:12

It's been a long time since I've seen a Koji Kumeta based series. That alone makes it worth a look.

Shadow5YA 2012-06-20 10:37

I'm a bit concerned about what JCStaff will do to this series. I saw an image with the girls in school uniforms, which bothers me because they explicitly stated their age in the manga and the fact that they're already done with school.

Considering their history, I'm worried that they might deviate from the source material again.

totoum 2012-06-20 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 4216057)
I saw an image with the girls in school uniforms

You sure that wasn't some fanart?There's nothing like that in any of the official art I've seen.
Squid Girl was faithfull overall from what I've heard so I expect this to be as well.

Shadow5YA 2012-06-20 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4216092)
You sure that wasn't some fanart?There's nothing like that in any of the official art I've seen.
Squid Girl was faithfull overall from what I've heard so I expect this to be as well.

Spoiler for summer 2012 chart:

Look at Joshiraku. The girls are in their school uniforms. Someone else on another forum also found the same image on the main site here, but the image was removed.

totoum 2012-06-20 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 4216106)
Look at Joshiraku. The girls are in their school uniforms. Someone else on another forum also found the same image on the main site here, but the image was removed.

Since it was in the "special" part of the website along with twitter avatars and wallpapers it could just have been some sort of non canon promo image,I've seen those before.

So I'm not really worried.

wandering-dreamer 2012-06-21 15:10

Short preview has gone up

Flower 2012-06-21 15:21

Hrm ... well ... better than nothing for now. :heh:

Thanks for the "short". :)

Raghe 2012-07-02 18:32

2 days =D

NoemiChan 2012-07-03 08:44

Is this an "all girl cast"?

Stevie_Nix 2012-07-03 13:03

If it really is a SoL gag series with an all female cast, its right up my ally.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-07-03 22:10

From what I read of the manga, it's a more upscale version of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things -- instead of eating cake, they discuss the difficulty of distinguishing 犬, 大, and 太.

Midonin 2012-07-03 22:18

And a little black comedy. It is Koji Kumeta writing.

totoum 2012-07-03 22:30

I do like it when the girls go "aren't we supposed to be discussing cute things"!

Stevie_Nix 2012-07-03 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4236997)
From what I read of the manga, it's a more upscale version of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things -- instead of eating cake, they discuss the difficulty of distinguishing 犬, 大, and 太.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4237015)
And a little black comedy. It is Koji Kumeta writing.

Hmm, its sounding more and more interesting.

Miraluka 2012-07-05 12:48

Episode 1 is out.

Flower 2012-07-05 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4239335)
Episode 1 is out.

Hmm ... I only know of one group that has committed to possibly subbing this one and haven't seen it in the "usual places" yet - if you know of a subbed version could you pm me? Thanks in advance. :)

Debeki 2012-07-05 17:07

Flower 2012-07-05 17:13

:heh:

What an odd ED! An odd blend of traditional Japanese instruments and electro-dance thumping.... Or something like that.

What a pity no one has picked up this series... :(

Chiaki_chan 2012-07-05 18:37

this anime is one of those I'll see but I'll wait as least a dozen episodes before watching so

as I always do
xD

gecd 2012-07-05 22:24

oh lol
sasuga Kumeta-sensei!!
this is easily the candidate for best comedy this season ( other than bimbougami )
too bad the jokes maybe difficult to understands for nonjapanese

Kunagisa 2012-07-06 13:21

I probably have the stupidest sense of humor, but I found this funnier than Binbougami (and I already love that). The jokes are soooooooo badddd, but damn they're crazy fun (especially that last one and the 4th wall breaking ones in the beginning and that dog one nearly drove me up the walls and and that naked chara intro was so funny too :D:D:D).

I had the hardest time remembering their names, then someone suggested look up their neta on wiki and I seriously burst out laughing how it is afterward. Also, anyone have a gif of that thing where they did this in the op?

http://www.neozeed.net/files/tayutamashadowdancing.gif

Anyway, highly recommended 10/10 (9/10 for the episode, 11/10 for the ED); here's a group pic too

http://i.imgur.com/9b3FA.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to mention Momoiro Clover Z's alias for this series had me cracking up for a bit too.

Flower 2012-07-06 13:25

Looks like a group committed to picking it up in eng. Huzzah! Looking forward to ep 1....

Dawnstorm 2012-07-06 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flower (Post 4241131)
Looks like a group committed to picking it up in eng. Huzzah! Looking forward to ep 1....

Yay, the season wouldn't be complete without it.

I watched the raw from beginning to end. For the record, I speak almost no Japanese. I sometimes got what they were talking about, but not what they're actually saying. I had no idea what was going on at all, but it looks and sounds gorgeous. I will watch it raw if I have to. (Yes, I'm weird like that.)

gecd 2012-07-06 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunagisa (Post 4241123)

I had the hardest time remembering their names, then someone suggested look up their neta on wiki and I seriously burst out laughing how it is afterward.

can I have it too?:p
the jokes are very funny but is it not too dangerous?
Spoiler for especially:

kumeta sensei will be assasinated if he lives in my country:heh:

I already want the ED full version
Hyadain + Momoiro Z FTW!!

Dormeur 2012-07-07 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by gecd (Post 4241714)
Spoiler for especially:

Spoiler for give us back ***:

It's a very political joke and dangerous venture.
But funny.

Midonin 2012-07-08 20:05

Rakugo is one of those things that has a tough time crossing the cultural barrier. Dealing with puns and wordplay, from subbers I've talked to, can be like cancer. Sometimes it is Cancer. I was a little cautious about picking up this, given the group, but if there was ever a show that required creative translator input, they're pretty trustworthy... and the sub turned out pretty good. I laughed, a few times. And the show was as good as I thought it would be.

Koji Kumeta's writing shines through, and, while I would've loved to see what Shaft and Shinbo would've done with the material (SZS and Hidamari defined Shaft's image for me, even years later), JC Staff did a pretty good job. And like SZS, the fourth wall was broken down within moments of the show beginning. Most of it was just puns and Kumeta's observational humor, but the closing gag was... quite pointed.

There are many different types of humor on display this anime season. From Jinrui's dry and surreal humor to Yuru Yuri's character focused humor, and now this... kudos to the translators, and I look forward to future installments.

CWW 2012-07-08 21:39

My, what a diverse cast we have. They supplement each other very well. I can't pick a favourite yet nor do I actively dislike anyone, which should tell a lot. The Rakugo bits weren't laugh-out funny, but I felt it showed the contrast between the different gags nicely. The writing is solid. Unlike Binbougami-ge, it doesn't pretend to have a plot. I can watch it solely for the gags instead of scratching my head to the inane plot development. Or in Jinrui's case, the insanity, which may or may not be caused by drug abuse.

SQA 2012-07-08 21:54

Very fun. A different type of comedy series, but you have to appreciate a 4th wall breaking moment at the start of the episode about why they're being made into an anime in the first place. :)

Utsuro no Hako 2012-07-08 23:08

I believe that's a first -- an anime questioning its own purpose in existence within the first five minutes of episode one.

Once more JC Staff proves that the quality of their work is inversely proportional to the number of fantastical elements in the story. If only they'd stick to shows that are grounded in reality, they'd be one of the best studios around. But I suppose it's the ZnTs and Hidan no Arias that pay for Joshirakus and Kimi to Bokus.

Midonin 2012-07-08 23:15

When dealing with Koji Kumeta, "reality" (and "sanity") are always questionable. We already have our first sign of something unusual with the person in the wrestling mask.

AmeNoJaku 2012-07-08 23:30

Has anyone watched the gg sub? Are they trolling again? This is one of the shows I will need subs and tons of TL notes to understand what the hell is going on :heh:

Midonin 2012-07-08 23:41

gg's subs were fairly true to the spirit of the show, and got the point of the jokes across. No mind games going on this time.

DragoonKain3 2012-07-08 23:43

Ooh Rakugo. Must admit, it's me loving the drama Tiger&Dragon that piqued my interest in this. But alas, it's less about the actual Rakugo and more about the hijinks that involve those who do the Rakugo.

As for the episode itself, I liked when they broke they fourth wall. THAT was a riot to watch. Thing is, A LOT of the jokes apart from that were pretty much lost in translation, kind of like Seitokai Yakuindomo. Which, as much as I tried to love it, just didn't mesh well with me unfortunately.

Kunagisa 2012-07-09 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by gecd (Post 4241714)
can I have it too?:p

http://blog.raspberrytealeaf.com/201...ing-joshiraku/
Koda's rant post kinda explained it a bit. Wiki's here. I'm not sure how much they explained in the sub but someone else linked this to me and I thought it's interesting read (well maybe not the drama part for you guys).

Here's another CV mug shot

http://i.imgur.com/CdGce.jpg

A nice person on /a/ made the shadow cat thingy. For whatever reason if you need it, here it is.

http://i.imgur.com/ZgLpw.gif

ED's too fun to pass up too

http://i.imgur.com/7FCKJ.gif

mfw they actually had a somewhat decent dance choreography for this (OP/EDs having choreography's always a huge bonus for me, like R+V S2's OP for example). I feel I should know some of the moves from :somewhere: but not recalling anything at the moment ...

EDIT: http://notredreviews.wordpress.com/2...-and-the-like/ this should help too

Kakkou 2012-07-09 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4245551)
I believe that's a first -- an anime questioning its own purpose in existence within the first five minutes of episode one.

Seitokai no Ichizon had already done that (to great effect) right off the bat before the OP nearly three years ago. :p I wouldn't be surprised if others have done it even before that, they're just not coming to mind right now.