AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=132310)

Tokkan 2015-05-11 13:25

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-of-the-night

New "-vania"-type game from Koji Igarashi with music from Michiru Yamane.

I'm looking forward to how this plays out. It should be interesting.

Chase 2015-05-11 13:42

Yeah I just saw this like an hour ago. Will donate.

blakstealth 2015-05-11 15:55

They reached the $500,000 goal in hours lol.

Also, Livestream here.

Kyero Fox 2015-05-11 16:10

Sweeeet I like her design. But can't wait for the demand to cover her cleavage. XD

Chase 2015-05-11 16:43

Already at $600k, thats ridiculous.lol.

blakstealth 2015-05-11 17:06

Just a lil over $200,000 more for David Hayter. :0

Kyero Fox 2015-05-11 17:30

David haytor for what????

Chase 2015-05-11 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 5531478)
David haytor for what????

To be the voice for Gebel.

blakstealth 2015-05-11 17:37

The $850,000 stretch goal is David Hayter voicing the character Gebel.

SuitUp 2015-05-11 17:55

700k already
Also, there's actually a 5k backer, holy shit

marvelB 2015-05-11 18:06

I wonder what other franchise will get a spiritual successor? So far we've got Mega Man (Mighty No. 9), Banjo-Kazooie (Yooka-Laylee), and now Castlevania (this thread's Bloodstained). I know, how about bringing back that radical furry dude with 'tude from the '90's..... Bubsy!? :heh:

Iron Maw 2015-05-11 19:24

Dayum, it's $814k now. IGA is gonna hit that $850k goal in no time.

The thirst really is real. :O

EDIT: Done! :)

blakstealth 2015-05-11 20:39

Will there be more stretch goals now?

Rising Dragon 2015-05-11 22:12

It's already surpassed the 1 million dollar mark... many of the backers have put forth hundreds individually. More still have put forth thousands individually. One person has pledged $5000 alone.

This is kinda frightening.

Shadow5YA 2015-05-11 22:30

This happened with Mighty No. 9.

I'm sure if Kojima started one he would get similar, if not better results.

Kyral 2015-05-12 02:23

*looks at numbers*
*looks at Stretch Goals*

They have to come up with more FAST! :heh:

Sacredus 2015-05-12 02:33

@Tokkan
Can you add more info to 1 post? Take example of of 2nd post in NeoGaf topic
That was fast... almost 1.200.000 in one day... Nice.. but digital copy at 30$? :/

Tokkan 2015-05-12 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacredus (Post 5531909)
@Tokkan
Can you add more info to 1 post? Take example of of 2nd post in NeoGaf topic

If I can get around to doing a decent write-up, I might edit the OP to be include more info but I won't be copy-pasting anything into quotes or stealing images from the kickstarter page. Sorry if that disappoints you.

Sacredus 2015-05-12 03:08

Haha, no. It just would look strange if topic of game have only link to kickstarter page (and it's campaign there will end next month).

MeoTwister5 2015-05-12 04:26

Putting the voice of Solid Snake on this was undoubtedly one of the things that really got people into donating.

Solace 2015-05-12 08:18

We have rules against promoting kickstarters. As long as it's just people talking about how it relates to the game, that's okay. That said, I'm amazed at the funding for this. It's been a long time since we've had a new IGA-vania game, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with a "new" IP without the shackles of Konami.

This and recent kickstarters really show a thirst for those classic 90's games that you just don't see anymore. I really wish more companies (that aren't Nintendo) would recognize that. Kickstarter and indies are great, don't get me wrong, but when you think about how many companies are leaving good IP on the table that people really want to play again, it's a shame. Konami is the biggest recent offender, but they aren't the first.

Jazzrat 2015-05-12 11:12

So glad to see Koji Igarashi getting all the love, hopefully the game will get him back on his feet after leaving Konami. His Castlevania:SOTN is easily the best classic "metroidvania" for a lot of people.

Love the concept art so far, wonder who is doing the art for this cause it doesn't seem like Ayami Kojima's style.

Freeter 2015-05-12 12:08

I really hope this doesn't turn into another disaster like MN9. Iga's been passionate about this project for a long time, he deserves to have it fully realized.

Solace 2015-05-12 13:33

I think Mighty no.9 looks great, but I don't think the campaign was run well. That's a different topic though. I'm sure the game will be made and will play great.

marvelB 2015-05-12 13:59

In all seriousness though, I hope one of the stretch goals will be for a portable edition. A good majority of the "Igavania" titles were portable entries in the first place, so I see no reason for that to change anytime soon.

Kafriel 2015-05-12 14:02

I may sound like the bad guy saying this, but it's really hard not to deliver when making this kind of game. Having finished nearly all of the Castlevania games, the key to a successful game is setting the right mood, coming up with a THE map and not having absolutely nasty controls. Since two thirds of that is what most people make all the time nowadays, all that's left is a good map (ok, maybe some story too). The items and powers are just an extra :)

Looking forward to this game, it will be G00D.

Asuras 2015-05-12 15:23

Oh my god if it reaches 2M I'll be so happy. I love boss rush modes.

Lord C 2015-05-13 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzrat (Post 5532312)
So glad to see Koji Igarashi getting all the love, hopefully the game will get him back on his feet after leaving Konami. His Castlevania:SOTN is easily the best classic "metroidvania" for a lot of people.

Love the concept art so far, wonder who is doing the art for this cause it doesn't seem like Ayami Kojima's style.

Symphony being the best is a matter of taste. To me, it was Aria of Sorrow.

By the way... DAMN, I was hoping this game would happen! Mirian makes it feel nostalgic to play with a female character, like Shanoa or Samus when she had a better personality.
To think they would raise 1.700k so fast!

Tokkan 2015-05-13 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5532455)
In all seriousness though, I hope one of the stretch goals will be for a portable edition. A good majority of the "Igavania" titles were portable entries in the first place, so I see no reason for that to change anytime soon.

Kinda hard to do when the game is using Unreal Engine 4 and no handheld supports it. No Wii U support either. Not that it's impossible, however, because it is still possible.

ZGoten 2015-05-14 14:06

"It's gonna be great!" No, seriously, I like Metroidvania style games a lot. The only thing that has been holding me back from playing the GBA Castlevania games so far is the art style. But the visual design of Bloodstained looks absolutely stellar. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

In the meantime, for everybody who's waiting on the game, might I suggest another great Metroidvania game on Steam called Valdis Story: Abyssal City? If you haven't heard of it, check it out as soon as you can, it plays really well and the soundtrack in particular is just amazing.

Rising Dragon 2015-05-14 14:36

Konami announced that they'll now be focusing on mobile gaming for smartphones and the like. I think IGA jumped ship at the right time with Bloodstained.

Kafriel 2015-05-14 15:36

Quote:

The only thing that has been holding me back from playing the GBA Castlevania games so far is the art style.
Circle of the moon aside, the Aria of sorrow and Harmony of dissonance were great, the former actually being a huge hit (and great games, which is what really matters after all). Lots of replayability in both of them, with secret characters and special powers that encourage a different gameplay approach as you rush the entire game.

Taking these three games into account, it's easy to see how much variety can exist in the same kind of game: DSS combos vs soul equips vs levels, gear and collectibles. Three entirely different mazes, all with their own sealed off areas and secrets...some bosses may be weaksauce, but hey, it's the journey that counts, amirite?

Quote:

Konami announced that they'll now be focusing on mobile gaming for smartphones and the like. I think IGA jumped ship at the right time with Bloodstained.
QFT. This game can't be made fast enough!

ZGoten 2015-05-15 08:45

Circle of the Moon is actually the one interesting me the moth, because graphically it's the one that looks most like oldschool Castlevania. But I've heard that apparantly the two Sorrow games are the best handheld Castlevanias.

Rising Dragon 2015-05-15 12:08

I'm pretty partial to Portrait of Ruin myself, given that it was my first exposure to playing the franchise, but the Sorrow games are definitely good, and Aria of Sorrow effectively saved the franchise from stagnation a while back.

For all the good that's done it now.

Jazzrat 2015-05-16 02:19

Honestly, i can't recall most of my times with the rest of the series after SOTN despite having played the majority of them (atleast those that Koji Igarashi produced). While most of them improved on the formula but SOTN was the most memorable because it was a huge revival for the Castlevania franchise.

Character and art wise, i still like SOTN a lot more than the later series which became much more anime-ish in looks and design and lost the gothic feel of SOTN.

Iron Maw 2015-05-17 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 5535307)
Circle of the Moon is actually the one interesting me the moth, because graphically it's the one that looks most like oldschool Castlevania. But I've heard that apparantly the two Sorrow games are the best handheld Castlevanias.

lol no.

Don't get me wrong they good games, but Order of Ecclesia is definitely considered the best of series since SOTN.

Lord C 2015-05-17 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 5537667)
lol no.

Don't get me wrong they good games, but Order of Ecclesia is definitely considered the best of series since SOTN.

As much as I love Order of Ecclesia, I still prefer Aria of Sorrow in the top. Both in story and gameplay.
Ecclesia's twists were good, but when I discovered Soma was Dracula I was like ''WHAT?! This Asha Rahiro is Mathias?!''

marvelB 2015-06-06 02:50

So nearly a month later.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokkan (Post 5533831)
Kinda hard to do when the game is using Unreal Engine 4 and no handheld supports it. No Wii U support either. Not that it's impossible, however, because it is still possible.

THIS is announced! And a Wii U version was confirmed to be in the works too, BTW. But really, news of a Vita port alone just about makes my day. ;)

Kafriel 2015-06-06 05:45

With 6 days to go, they opened up a lot of goals...I'd say they are impossible to get, but this project has come pretty far already. Vita port makes me jelly because I only have a good old PSP-1000 =/ (and the PSP lacks a good castlevania title).

marvelB 2015-06-06 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 5555029)
(and the PSP lacks a good castlevania title).

No love for the Dracula X remake? I thought it was pretty good.... and hey, it's hard to beat the fact that it even contained ports of the original PCE version AND SOTN (though the latter sadly alters the script/voices from the original PS1 version....).