AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [MANGA] Bleach Weekly Chapter 500+ Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113278)

Solace 2012-07-10 09:31

[MANGA] Bleach Weekly Chapter 500+ Discussion

Quote:

As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:

* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links

Welcome to the weekly discussion thread!

Solace 2012-07-10 09:33

I think from this point out we're just going to make this a continuing thread. There's really no need to keep making new chapter threads when they get so few responses, and traffic to this forum has plummeted since the anime ended.

So from here on out, this is now the thread for all chapters 500 and beyond.

Randrak42 2012-07-10 10:19

Ok then I'll start...

Please Raptor Jesus, let that be Nell being awesome again!!!!

Rahan 2012-07-10 10:30

It's either Nell or Grimmjow but I don't see them being able to blitz Urahara like this (the sword holder is actually IN FRONT OF Urahara) and if that's the cliffhanger, the resolution next week will be disappointing ...

haegar 2012-07-10 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4248004)
Ok then I'll start...

Please Raptor Jesus, let that be Nell being awesome again!!!!

as much as I dig the idea of her returning gloriously, Urahara wouldn't be looking so shocked than, would he? (unless he can't handle the amount of cleavage dangling in front of him that is :rolleyes: - but as he kinda is Yoruichi's boyfriend I guess he should be able to cope :heh:)

I'm going for Grimmjow rather, not cause it makes sense but as Kubo doesn't give a damn bout logic anymore and a couple of other characters fans wanted were revived to service so why not him, too?

Randrak42 2012-07-10 10:59

Eh, a couple of guys on other forums are actually crying out for Gin *face/palm*

ReinhartX 2012-07-10 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4248051)
Eh, a couple of guys on other forums are actually crying out for Gin *face/palm*

makes sense....the impact of the sword...the speed at how it reached urahara at that range

if it was at melee range kirge should felt it

sayde 2012-07-10 11:29

I'm hoping whoever it is, is strong enough to free Ichigo. He or she also has to be so incredibly unexpected that even Urahara would be caught by surprise.

Honestly, I'm hoping it'll be a Squad Zero member. But to be able to slice an enemy clean in half with such power, and then immediately point their blade in front of Urahara in such a manner also makes the idea of it being Gin somewhat plausible I suppose. Granted, he should be dead. But I don't believe we ever saw his body actually break down into spirit particles. So maybe his popularity kept him alive somehow.

I'd mention Nel and Grimmjow, but those have already been predicted.

The only other possibilities that come to mind are one of the remaining Vizards in KT.

So for this week, I'm going to make an unlikely prediction--Kirio Hikifune.

Kyero Fox 2012-07-10 11:45

It's grimmjow! Don't denie it!

Hint one, the huge slice... brutal .. Hint Two, who else would have scared Urahara by getting close with a SWORD.

"Don't sit there scared like a little bitch, get up and get him out of that .. whatchhya call it..."

What I want to know is how they are controling big guy and the other kid. Aizen on their side?

Calca 2012-07-10 12:06

Go Ulquiorra somehow! Someone added water to his powder and he's back again!

Lunarskylar 2012-07-10 12:15

my bet is on grimmjow as well
oh poor ss, things are going to hell in a handbasket for them

im guessing ss will actually be destroyed, and we'll have renegade shinigami's trying to take it back... although i swear that's happened in like two or threee filler arcs...

Aqua Knight 2012-07-10 12:34

Please please! Let it be Grimmjow.
It will be so cool if Grimmjow and Oro make their return in manga in 1 week.

Randrak42 2012-07-10 12:42

I swear to Raptor Jesus that if it IS Gin I'll fly over to Japan and shove volume 48 down Kubo's throat.

Bonta Kun 2012-07-10 12:49

Meh to hell with Grimmjow or even a fav like Nell or Halibel showing up again don't need them now, prefer to see our Zero Squad show up instead.
Had enough of old characters showing up and being badass for like a couple of panels before being curbstomped before using their new power to payback the curbstomping.

Just bring in the other "special" reapers and kick ass already!
This dude in HM is past his death by date already, hope he's dead for sure this time.

Haak 2012-07-10 13:30

Well whoever it is, they have to at least be somewhat hostile towards Urahara since they're poiting their sword at him so I doubt it's Nel or the Zero squad. Unless Kubo feels the need to make character act OOC just to make them look cool.

Eragon 2012-07-10 13:44

For the stranger to be hostile towards Urahara....... Aizen, anyone? The terrified bitches of the *what was the no. again?* chamber might have released him hoping he would help.

Kyero Fox 2012-07-10 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eragon (Post 4248301)
For the stranger to be hostile towards Urahara....... Aizen, anyone? The terrified bitches of the *what was the no. again?* chamber might have released him hoping he would help.

Why not someones whos always lookin for a light and is brutish? Doubt they'd introduce aizen so early.

Aqua Knight 2012-07-10 14:51

Oh, and by the way the " You will never break out of this cage" speech again proved that who ever speaks such things is gonna be wrong at the end.

Calca 2012-07-10 15:34

Urahara could have handled that Quincy on his own...till he took an arrow to the back.

Albeito Tsutekama 2012-07-10 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayde (Post 4248102)
I'm hoping whoever it is, is strong enough to free Ichigo. He or she also has to be so incredibly unexpected that even Urahara would be caught by surprise.

Honestly, I'm hoping it'll be a Squad Zero member. But to be able to slice an enemy clean in half with such power, and then immediately point their blade in front of Urahara in such a manner also makes the idea of it being Gin somewhat plausible I suppose. Granted, he should be dead. But I don't believe we ever saw his body actually break down into spirit particles. So maybe his popularity kept him alive somehow.

I'd mention Nel and Grimmjow, but those have already been predicted.

The only other possibilities that come to mind are one of the remaining Vizards in KT.

So for this week, I'm going to make an unlikely prediction--Kirio Hikifune.

I like the idea of Hikifune appearing, being the only zero squad member we know of. Here is my list of likely suspects:

A Zero Squad Member: Plausible.

Isshin: Plausible, but that wouldn't really explain why there's a sword pointed at Urahara.

Gin: Extremely Unlikely...Lol...I can't believe I'm even mentioning this, but the speed could be Gins, and the rate of how the sword reached Urahara.

An Arrancar: Most Likely. Personally Grimmjow seems most likely of the KNOWN characters, considering the aggression, and the fan demand, and the fact that of the only two espada confirmed to have survived, Nel has been introduced so early, leads me to believe this is Grimmjow. Nel I just don't see coming. An arrancar we don't know of is a possibilty.

Aizen: Unlikely. Lolwut, Aizen out so early :eyespin:. The big gatekeeper guy attacking and all could have been illusion induced, but I doubt it. Most likely ANOTHER quincy ability that makes shinigami look like little kids with metal sticks. Aizen wouldn't be out this easy, all I gotta say.

Edit: Actually, a vizard, like Hiyori is likely

I think I've covered most of the suspects

Alchemist007 2012-07-10 16:29

So who has a sword in their released state like that?

james0246 2012-07-10 16:56

Fun chapter. Sudden disappearance in the Science division has me interested, and the single page of Ichigo hearing the voices of anguish was quite nice. Insta-death of the annoyingly ugly Quincy was also appreciated. Lots of fun. Good chapter.

sayde 2012-07-10 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albeito Tsutekama (Post 4248415)
I like the idea of Hikifune appearing, being the only zero squad member we know of.

Nice to see someone agrees. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albeito Tsutekama (Post 4248415)
Isshin: Plausible, but that wouldn't really explain why there's a sword pointed at Urahara.

I agree. It's probably not Isshin. But only because I believe even in it's sealed/unreleased state, the blade to Isshin's zanpakuto is noticeably wider than most sealed zanpakuto's.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that the one pointing the blade at Urahara in that final panel *might* not necessarily be pointing the blade as a sign of conflict. Now if the tip of the blade was pointed directly in front of his face, I'd say that would leave little room for interpretation. But since the blade is at the side of his face, it leaves some room for other possibilities IMO. For instance, for all we know, whoever just killed Kirge might've just approached Urahara so closely for the sake of trying to reach his/her hand out to help him up.

The one thing I'd like to know is who was saying "Oh no!" at the very end of the chapter. Was it Urahara? Or was that Kubo? Because if it was Urahara, then I'd hate to admit it, but the odds of it being Grimmjow or Gin just increased.

Calca 2012-07-10 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist007 (Post 4248428)
So who has a sword in their released state like that?

No one except Gin pretty much.

But looking back at Ulquiorra, GJ, pretty much most arrancar's unreleased swords look like that.

Marcus H. 2012-07-10 19:38

Gin is actually plausible.

SeanQ 2012-07-10 19:59

Lol the protectors of souls are calling for their saviors -_-

itachi-san314 2012-07-10 20:17

i feel like grimmjow makes the most sense since its hueco mundo, urahara being 'scared', and the fact that grimmjow was revealed to be in this arc by kubo so it might as well be now. the timing feels right for his return

but... the sword and particularly the technique look identical to gin's. its definitely not a laughable possibility

NightMare_Hibari Kyo 2012-07-10 20:28

i really really wish its ichimaru gin from the bottom of my heart but im guessing its aizen since urahara is pissing himself

Calca 2012-07-10 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightMare_Hibari Kyo (Post 4248671)
i really really wish its ichimaru gin from the bottom of my heart but im guessing its aizen since urahara is pissing himself

Didn't Aizen become one with his sword or something like Ichigo did?

itachi-san314 2012-07-10 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calca (Post 4248674)
Didn't Aizen become one with his sword or something like Ichigo did?

he did, but his power was severely downgraded by ichigo's final GT and kisuke's seal. i'm pretty sure he reverted back to a lesser form

it's just too soon story-wise for it to be aizen. there was no build up whatsoever and his release should be a big deal

Nintendo 2012-07-10 21:19

I view it as its not pointed directly at him, but next to him. I assume next week someone will say why you so scared? and they laugh together.

secretzfan 2012-07-10 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calca (Post 4248526)
No one except Gin pretty much.

But looking back at Ulquiorra, GJ, pretty much most arrancar's unreleased swords look like that.

Pretty sure that is half the cast of bleach who have normal looking swords

kk2extreme 2012-07-10 22:00

I am betting on Aizen

Azure King 2012-07-10 22:25

i betting on ichi old man

quigonkenny 2012-07-10 23:29

Aizen: Unlikely. For one thing, he'd never do the deed himself; he'd somehow finagle Herr Dipstick into offing himself. Also, for him to break out of prison unexpectedly would be random even for Kubo. He needs a long chapter or two conversation with one of the captains where they basically stand at the door of his cell begging for his help and he does his best Anthony Hopkins impersonation, sans the fava beans... *slurp-slurp*

Nel: Unlikely. For one, she should already be right there. Her (re)appearance would be a huge letdown. Also, no reason for her to pull sword on Urahara.

Random new character (or random old character who should be dead/not there): Unlikely from a storytelling standpoint, but always possible with Kubo. Right before the end is always the best time to (re)introduce more characters for Ichigo to eventually outshine.

Random Zero Squad Member: NFW. I am convinced we will never see any Zero Squad Member. We have been trolled. The Squad is a lie.

Halibel: Unlikely, but I'd love it, since it would actually be surprising. We've all forgotten about her (so we assume Kubo has as well), and she is in Hueco Mundo, with no Sternritters left around to keep an eye on her...

Isshin: Unlikely. If Kubo hasn't forgetten about him, he should be back in the real world trying to get Ryuuken to get off his fat Quincy ass and finally do something in this series. Also, no reason to pull sword on Urahara. For that matter...

Either Ishida: Nope. Slashing people in half is just not their style.

Ulquiorra: Nah, he's down in Hell watching Twilight for the 9001th time...and probably enjoying it...

Grimmjow: Even chance. Stealing Urahara's kill like that (and denying us the chance to see Ol' Cloghat use Chad and Orihime as bait while he lines up another snipe) is right up Grimmy's alley, as is the threatening move toward Urahara. Of course, it really wouldn't make much sense if it is him, since none of the remaining ex-Espada, other than maybe Halibel, should have been able to one-shot this guy without going Resurreccion, but that's never stopped Kubo before. On a personal note, I've always thought he was wildly overrated, so I hope it's not him.

Gin: Better than even chance. Likely, even. Random bisection: check. Attack out of nowhere: check. Causes captain-level shinigami to shit bricks on demand: check. Yeah, sure, he's supposed to be dead, but we're in Hueco Mundo. Where was he going to go? Detroit?

Eragon 2012-07-11 00:24

Okay, I agree my Aizen prediction is way out there - even for Kubo.

Here's a more plausible one - Hiyori............. I can think of only three people who would point there sword at Urahara and surprise(or shock) him - Aizen, Gin and, his old lieutenant, Hiyori.

Don't get me wrong, I know Gin and Grimmjow make more sense right now but they are not the only characters that have better odds.

kk2extreme 2012-07-11 00:29

Who else does Urahara know but we haven't thought of yet?

Eragon 2012-07-11 00:32

^ Yoruichi ? :D I would certainly like to see her with a sword.

sayde 2012-07-11 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by quigonkenny (Post 4248843)
Random Zero Squad Member: NFW. I am convinced we will never see any Zero Squad Member. We have been trolled. The Squad is a lie.

Kubo did say he finished character designs for the RG members. He also said they'd be appearing during this arc. And the circumstances he described and hinted at that would force them into finally appearing are happening right now. So the odds are better than you think. Have some faith!

ronin myael 2012-07-11 01:10

has it occurred to anyone that this could be a completely new character altogether? you know how much kubo likes to bring in fresh blood. although i also don't deny the possibility that it might be someone we already know. if only kubo gave the character a few lines to give us a hint.